Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2968499 - 10/04/12 11:50 AM AARP --- No Longer Supporting Obama?
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/...-during-debate/

The AARP, which put itself in the middle of the health care debate by endorsing ObamaCare, now is telling President Obama to keep the group out of his political talking points.

#2968536 - 10/04/12 12:17 PM Re: AARP --- No Longer Supporting Obama? [Re: Wes Parrish]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Yep, I heard him mention AARP last night. They stand to gain millions from Obamacare and are/were pushing it hard. They've now awakened and found themselves in bed with the enemy of the working and thinking people.

I am finally at the age where I can join AARP... Ain't ever gonna happen.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#2968654 - 10/04/12 01:53 PM Re: AARP --- No Longer Supporting Obama? [Re: Rebel]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

AARP is nothing but another liberal lobbying group that is stealing money and life from old people.

#2968662 - 10/04/12 02:00 PM Re: AARP --- No Longer Supporting Obama? [Re: Rebel]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Rebel

AND, the growing unpopularity of ObamaCare, AND the fact that AARP has pushed hard to support it (until recently), THIS has spawned several new organizations offering similar benefits to AARP.

So not only is AARP now suffering economically by fewer people joining, but AARP is suffering greatly from many long-term members dropping membership to join one of the new organizations offering similar benefits.

Below are three alternatives to AARP:

http://www.generationamerica.org/

http://amac.us/join-amac

http://www.americanseniors.org/

#2968676 - 10/04/12 02:08 PM Re: AARP --- No Longer Supporting Obama? [Re: Wes Parrish]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish

AND, the growing unpopularity of ObamaCare, AND the fact that AARP has pushed hard to support it (until recently), THIS has spawned several new organizations offering similar benefits to AARP.

So not only is AARP now suffering economically by fewer people joining, but AARP is suffering greatly from many long-term members dropping membership to join one of the new organizations offering similar benefits.

Yep. AARP is in damage control mode, trying to save themselves from themselves.

But you can bet your paycheck they are still supporting zerO.

#2968894 - 10/04/12 04:37 PM Re: AARP --- No Longer Supporting Obama? [Re: Wes Parrish]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish

Below are three alternatives to AARP:

http://www.generationamerica.org/

http://amac.us/join-amac

http://www.americanseniors.org/

I was one of the people that droped my membership.

AARP sells WHAT????

Supplement Insurance

They stood to make BILLIONS off Obamacare with NEW Supplement Insurance.

They KNEW that ObamaCare would never cover everything so they had Supplement Insurance ready for that. You want Class "C" care then you stick with ObamaCare. If you want Class "A+" care then you have to pay for it though new Supplement Insurance that will cover it.

Guess what the "new" rates are for that Supplement Insurance?? TWICE the rate you pay today.

#2968972 - 10/04/12 05:48 PM Re: AARP --- No Longer Supporting Obama? [Re: Wildcat]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
Guess what the "new" rates are for that Supplement Insurance?? TWICE the rate you pay today.

Hey, SOMEBODY's GOTTA' PAY for all those billions Obama took out of Medicare and gave away to his cronies in "green" energy start-ups like Solyndra.

#2969408 - 10/05/12 04:42 AM Re: AARP --- No Longer Supporting Obama? [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
meat hunter
6 Point

Loc: SE TN

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
AARP is nothing but another liberal lobbying group that is stealing money and life from old people.

Yep this right here is a fact. Lol they send me stuff wanting me to join all the time. I cut my name off of all of it and mail it back in their no postage necessary envelope with a note saying I will not support a group of ohbummer lovers.

#2969652 - 10/05/12 08:54 AM Re: AARP --- No Longer Supporting Obama? [Re: meat hunter]
muddyboots
12 Point

Loc: savannah, tn., usa

Liberalism works when u can spend somebody elses money. The falling membership totals got their attention.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
105 registered (Hoz, 7mm08, woodsman87, huntinkev, Steyrhunter, doubledownranch, 13 invisible) and 146 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85093 Topics
1028264 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.207 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.