Topic Options
#2968401 - 10/04/12 10:40 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Wes Parrish]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
Let's put on our thinking caps.

COULD Obama really have been THAT bad?
Or COULD this be a political strategy of the Obama camp?

Only if Obama is betting that his foreign policy is better than his economic one.

Given the recent events in Lybia, Egypt, F&F etc, I don't think that is a wise strategy.

Obama's economic theory (failed as it is) was his BEST hope and strongest platform.

- Keep it real

#2968405 - 10/04/12 10:43 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Camp David]
Hoss
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville , TN

Make no mistake. Romney won that debate! But, do not think for one second that it is over. The libs will attack him personally and politically. His character will be assassinated, his family will be attacked, His marriage will be assailed and His businesses will be picked apart. Even his personal safety will at risk (Secret Service will need to be on their toes).
They will find crap! Not because it is real or actual crap. They will make up and obfuscate until they can convince their base that Romney and/or Ryan are unfit to hold office. The base will then go out and muddy water and cast aspersions and doubt (this is what they did to Sarah Palin). They will make people who are on the fence question everything. After a performance like this one they have no choice. Because, they don't care that Romney is a better choice. They want Obama and Harry Reid to complete the Fundamental transformation of the U.S.A. into a European style Socilalist style of government. They will stop at nothing to acheive that end.

A mere shadow of the man I once was... Me!

#2968410 - 10/04/12 10:44 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Hoss]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Originally Posted By: Hoss
Make no mistake. Romney won that debate! But, do not think for one second that it is over. The libs will attack him personally and politically. His character will be assassinated, his family will be attacked, His marriage will be assailed and His businesses will be picked apart. Even his personal safety will at risk (Secret Service will need to be on their toes).
They will find crap! Not because it is real or actual crap. They will make up and obfuscate until they can convince their base that Romney and/or Ryan are unfit to hold office. The base will then go out and muddy water and cast aspersions and doubt (this is what they did to Sarah Palin). They will make people who are on the fence question everything. After a performance like this one they have no choice. Because, they don't care that Romney is a better choice. They want Obama and Harry Reid to complete the Fundamental transformation of the U.S.A. into a European style Socilalist style of government. They will stop at nothing to acheive that end.

AGREE!

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#2968460 - 10/04/12 11:15 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Rebel]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Same here. Good Post Hoss.

The media will get Romney back. Just wait and see.

#2968472 - 10/04/12 11:25 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
buckaroo
8 Point

Loc: easttennessee

I consider myself Independent, I think Romney won.
#2968483 - 10/04/12 11:37 AM Re: The debate- [Re: buckaroo]
ChippewaPartners
10 Point

Loc: Pamelot, my farm near Catoosa

Barry got stomped like a narc at a biker rally.

The Massacre in Denver was a beautiful thing.

#2968495 - 10/04/12 11:47 AM Re: The debate- [Re: ChippewaPartners]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

....and across the ocean we have Syria and Turkey lobbing shells at each other. I smell Wag the Dog.

#2968504 - 10/04/12 11:52 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Kirk]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Originally Posted By: Kirk
I will be honest, I only watched about 20 minutes of the debate. Romney was clearly the more informed, better prepared and most convincing of the two. Obama appeared to lose focus on the questions and would stammer and regain his path. I was impressed by Romney's overall "Presidential" presence. He had the Reagan type authority about him. Respectful, mannerly, but not a door mat for the world. He is a leader that others will follow.

x2. That's what I got out of it. Especially Romney's "Presdidential Presence", like you described. Hopefully HE won't bow to the leaders of other countries.

Edited by moondawg (10/04/12 11:53 AM)

#2968607 - 10/04/12 01:12 PM Re: The debate- [Re: Wes Parrish]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

We need a like button for this.

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
Let's put on our thinking caps.

COULD Obama really have been THAT bad?
Or COULD this be a political strategy of the Obama camp?
After all, there really is no defense of Obama's failed policies and his failure to keep his word on some quite simple 2008 campaign promises, i.e. "transparency", "laser focus", "work with both sides of aisle", doubling instead of "halving" the debt, etc. When a sitting President has already publically stated that he doesn't deserve a 2nd term should he fail (and he has), then what becomes his re-election strategy?

The Obama camp has already previously established low expectations in the public regarding THIS first debate. But there's still two more to go before the election, and the last one may matter most.

Imagine how sensational it will be SHOULD Obama greatly exceed the now lowered expectations for the 2nd and 3rd debates??
Underdog to Comeback Kid! New Tingles Shock Nation! Electrofying Obama Smokes Romney!

I find it hard to believe that Obama is in reality the babbling idiot he appeared in this first debate. He now has more people "feeling sorry" for him. Perhaps he's switched from playing the "Race Card" to playing the "Sympathy Card".

Let's not forget the old saying of "Misery Loves Company", and there are a lot of people who are basically just "unhappy" no matter who's the President, no matter what. This could be Obama's play on emotions to garner votes, after all, and coupled with a resurgence of Obama's charisma in the 2nd debate . . . . . . many people vote totally on "likeability" and their emotions towards the candidate (no matter what the facts, without farther thought or logical).

On the other hand, many undecideds who watched this debate have now decided they "like" Mitt Romney, and I continue to believe this trend of Mitt gaining popularity will grow, and Romney will win in a "landslide". Just saying Obama cannot run on his record, therefore, his exceptionally poor performance in the 1st debate may have been a purposeful way of playing the "Sympathy Card".

#2968878 - 10/04/12 04:27 PM Re: The debate- [Re: Wes Parrish]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

I've been in business long enough to know better but it just hit me this afternoon.

The job Mitt Romney did last night was a "JOB INVIEW". Think about it. Last night he told America that he wants their business. He did a great job of it!!!!

Page 11 of 13 « First<910111213>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway
13288 Registered Users
Who's Online
27 registered (kasey, MMHunter, ruger7mag, stik, dralarms, smyrnagc, 1 invisible) and 107 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13288 Members
42 Forums
85369 Topics
1031550 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.201 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.