#2968220 - 10/04/12 08:32 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Wes Parrish]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
Let's put on our thinking caps.

COULD Obama really have been THAT bad?
Or COULD this be a political strategy of the Obama camp?
After all, there really is no defense of Obama's failed policies and his failure to keep his word on some quite simple 2008 campaign promises, i.e. "transparency", "laser focus", "work with both sides of aisle", doubling instead of "halving" the debt, etc. When a sitting President has already publically stated that he doesn't deserve a 2nd term should he fail (and he has), then what becomes his re-election strategy?

The Obama camp has already previously established low expectations in the public regarding THIS first debate. But there's still two more to go before the election, and the last one may matter most.

Imagine how sensational it will be SHOULD Obama greatly exceed the now lowered expectations for the 2nd and 3rd debates??
Underdog to Comeback Kid! New Tingles Shock Nation! Electrofying Obama Smokes Romney!

I find it hard to believe that Obama is in reality the babbling idiot he appeared in this first debate. He now has more people "feeling sorry" for him. Perhaps he's switched from playing the "Race Card" to playing the "Sympathy Card".

Let's not forget the old saying of "Misery Loves Company", and there are a lot of people who are basically just "unhappy" no matter who's the President, no matter what. This could be Obama's play on emotions to garner votes, after all, and coupled with a resurgence of Obama's charisma in the 2nd debate . . . . . . many people vote totally on "likeability" and their emotions towards the candidate (no matter what the facts, without farther thought or logical).

On the other hand, many undecideds who watched this debate have now decided they "like" Mitt Romney, and I continue to believe this trend of Mitt gaining popularity will grow, and Romney will win in a "landslide". Just saying Obama cannot run on his record, therefore, his exceptionally poor performance in the 1st debate may have been a purposeful way of playing the "Sympathy Card".

Wes, are you smoking rolled up stock certificates at your office? \:D Just kidding. I'm glad you offered that opinion and it may actually be the best strategy the liberals can come up with. Romney was actually better prepared than anyone expected.

You make a good point about Obama not defending himself and maybe he will make a comeback in the 3rd and final debate. I sure hope that's not the case. Obama can't defend his losing record. The only thing he has worked on and improved in 4 years is his golf score. I think Obama knew he would get blasted and therefore he didn't get serious about preparing.

Last night for 90 minutes Obama had no free passes and no protection from the media. For 90 minutes out of the last four years he was exposed for how incompetent and lazy he really his. He knew that once he got through the 90 minutes he would be back under the protection of the media and he can go back to 30 second sound bites of lies and blame someone else and class warfare. That's all he has.

Obama is a fraud. He knows it. For 90 minutes last night, America knew it...

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#2968229 - 10/04/12 08:40 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Rebel]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

I will be honest, I only watched about 20 minutes of the debate. Romney was clearly the more informed, better prepared and most convincing of the two. Obama appeared to lose focus on the questions and would stammer and regain his path. I was impressed by Romney's overall "Presidential" presence. He had the Reagan type authority about him. Respectful, mannerly, but not a door mat for the world. He is a leader that others will follow.

#2968264 - 10/04/12 09:11 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Kirk]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Looking forward to the foreign policy debate.

As for the moderator, Jim Leher (sp) was miserable.

#2968284 - 10/04/12 09:26 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Rebel]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Who knew that Clint Eastwood was such a good judge of character? Last night’s bout was billed as Romney’s last chance, and who showed up to the fight? The chair.

What you saw last night was the real Obama. An empty suit. We now know the REAL reason he won’t release his college transcripts – he’s a blithering idiot. No wonder he wouldn’t meet with Netanyahu. Bibbi is the alpha male over Obama. Just like Putin.

The Bolshevik, Libs, etc. make a big deal that "he" got Bin Laden - as if making that decision was in some way heroic. There was no decision to be made. You just do it, and even then he waffled, listening to Valerie Jarret.

The "man" can’t make eye contact, an indication of self doubt. Good Grief!!! It looked like he was actually agreeing with Romney half the time.

As usual, Lib-Dems are blaming everyone other than Obama. They even blame it on Lerher. Maddow actually said it was the format. I thought the format was great. They actually got to argue their points with each other. Obama had no arguments because he has no accomplishments.

Next we’ll hear about the toll campaigning has taken on the president. The dude LOVES that plane.

This is what happens when you let Hollywood and the media hype a candidate. You love his looks – and don’t pay attention to his competence and experience. Hollywood makes caricatures out of actors who are human. Unfortunately, the human can never live up to the caricature.

Obama was billed as a saviour. What you saw last night was the man.

Actually you saw the chair.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#2968288 - 10/04/12 09:28 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Rebel]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Rebel

Obama can't defend his losing record. ...
Last night for 90 minutes Obama had no free passes and no protection from the media. For 90 minutes out of the last four years he was exposed for how incompetent and lazy he really his. He knew that once he got through the 90 minutes he would be back under the protection of the media and he can go back to 30 second sound bites of lies and blame someone else and class warfare. That's all he has.

Obama is a fraud. He knows it. For 90 minutes last night, America knew it...

The post above sums it up. Obama was completely lost.
We had two Ivy league graduates on the stage. Romney was one of the top students who earned his position and excelled in his scholastic, professional, and personal life.

Obama is a product of affirmative action. He was placed and handed every position by liberal enablers over the course of his entire career. He has produced nothing substantive over the course of his entire life. Hopefully, the debate showed everyone how vastly unqualified Obama is.

He takes a teleprompter to elementary schools to talk to the kids. This was no contest.

Romney has stood on stage multiple times with 7-8 other highly intelligent Republicans who were all ganging up on him and he excelled during the primary debates. Imagine for a minute Obama on stage during the Republican debates trying to defend himself from multiple people?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#2968332 - 10/04/12 10:10 AM Re: The debate- [Re: de novo]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

MSNBC talk show host Chris Matthews asked, "Where was obama tonight?"

Got some bad news for Chris - THAT was obama.

#2968355 - 10/04/12 10:21 AM Re: The debate- [Re: de novo]
FrickorFrack
4 Point

Y'all summed it up prefectly! Glad to see Romney FINALLY found his running shoes & won the race hands down. Surely (tho' they'll mostly place blame elsewhere) the MSM can see the error of their ways by having coddled & protected Obama from the school of hard knocks. Without his ever-present teleprompter, he was lost as Hogan's goat last night because HE HAS NO IDEA OF HOW TO RUN A COUNTRY!
#2968365 - 10/04/12 10:24 AM Re: The debate- [Re: BMan]
Camp David
12 Point

I could happily watch reruns of that over and over. It's about time O was called out. Romney mopped the floor with Obozo.

#2968392 - 10/04/12 10:36 AM Re: The debate- [Re: TennesseeRains]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

This post is simply worth repeating! Really good one there, TR!

Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains
Who knew that Clint Eastwood was such a good judge of character? Last night’s bout was billed as Romney’s last chance, and who showed up to the fight? The chair.

What you saw last night was the real Obama. An empty suit. We now know the REAL reason he won’t release his college transcripts – he’s a blithering idiot. No wonder he wouldn’t meet with Netanyahu. Bibbi is the alpha male over Obama. Just like Putin.

The Bolshevik, Libs, etc. make a big deal that "he" got Bin Laden - as if making that decision was in some way heroic. There was no decision to be made. You just do it, and even then he waffled, listening to Valerie Jarret.

The "man" can’t make eye contact, an indication of self doubt. Good Grief!!! It looked like he was actually agreeing with Romney half the time.

As usual, Lib-Dems are blaming everyone other than Obama. They even blame it on Lerher. Maddow actually said it was the format. I thought the format was great. They actually got to argue their points with each other. Obama had no arguments because he has no accomplishments.

Next we’ll hear about the toll campaigning has taken on the president. The dude LOVES that plane.

This is what happens when you let Hollywood and the media hype a candidate. You love his looks – and don’t pay attention to his competence and experience. Hollywood makes caricatures out of actors who are human. Unfortunately, the human can never live up to the caricature.

Obama was billed as a saviour. What you saw last night was the man.

Actually you saw the chair.

#2968401 - 10/04/12 10:40 AM Re: The debate- [Re: Wes Parrish]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
Let's put on our thinking caps.

COULD Obama really have been THAT bad?
Or COULD this be a political strategy of the Obama camp?

Only if Obama is betting that his foreign policy is better than his economic one.

Given the recent events in Lybia, Egypt, F&F etc, I don't think that is a wise strategy.

Obama's economic theory (failed as it is) was his BEST hope and strongest platform.

Page 10 of 13 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
60 registered (Jcalder, rabbit hunter, bone_cave, ferg, Jaye, Billboy, 6 invisible) and 89 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89175 Topics
1042858 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.218 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.