Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#2962625 - 09/30/12 10:40 AM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: corymhoward]
MFBAB
10 Point

Loc: Memphis, TN

Originally Posted By: corymhoward
I'd like to see it

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/sep/27/bill-dance-catches-110-pound-blue-catfish-mississi/

[img][/img]

#2962629 - 09/30/12 10:42 AM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: corymhoward]
BlountArrow
8 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Probably out of one of his many ponds he fishes that has us thinking it is a lake on T.V.

#2962642 - 09/30/12 11:00 AM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: BlountArrow]
Bow Man278
Spike

Loc: Collierville, TN

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
Probably out of one of his many ponds he fishes that has us thinking it is a lake on T.V.

It was on the MS river. As for his many ponds he fish... It makes for better TV, with less boat traffic, and easier to film.

Dont understand why so many folks hate on Bill

#2963202 - 09/30/12 08:49 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: Bow Man278]
Bucks & Beards
4 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

Originally Posted By: Bow Man278
 Originally Posted By: BlountArrow

It was on the MS river. As for his many ponds he fish... It makes for better TV, with less boat traffic, and easier to film.

Dont understand why so many folks hate on Bill
x2 big time. I just think its great that a 71 year old man is out there hauling in 110 pound catfish.

#2964456 - 10/01/12 04:20 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: Bucks & Beards]
Living2Hunt
8 Point

Loc: TN

No matter if Mr. Bill catches them on a big lake or a private lake. A fish is a fish, a bass is bass! They will do the same thing no matter what water they live in. Yeah they maybe bigger in a pound where they can grow. But his methods will catch fish anywhere! I travel alot fishing bass tournament and do well and the number one question is how do you learn all these different lakes. I just remind people how small a bass's brian is and how they dont changed the way they live.
#2964716 - 10/01/12 07:28 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: ]
Living2Hunt
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Swamphunter
 Originally Posted By: HUNTFUN07
No matter if Mr. Bill catches them on a big lake or a private lake. A fish is a fish, a bass is bass! They will do the same thing no matter what water they live in. Yeah they maybe bigger in a pound where they can grow. But his methods will catch fish anywhere! I travel alot fishing bass tournament and do well and the number one question is how do you learn all these different lakes. I just remind people how small a bass's brian is and how they dont changed the way they live.

Ha ha! Thats not true! If that was the case, no one will catch fish that has already been caught. Fish dont get educated? How many times is a fish caught more then once? Look at the tournament fishing world. You can prefish and then catch fish the next day in a tournament. On the same bait.The same fish! Plus on big lakes, there are alot more fish that dont even see a bait. I will end with this, keep in this mind.

First how many times do you think Mr. Bill has caught the same fish in his own private lake? Its alot more than any fish being caught in a big lake. That right there tells you they dont get educated. Bass are opportunist and preditors. They react or they eat. If they were any more educated, then they would know the bait was fake. How many baits look like nothing that is in nature, but yet catches fish all day long!?

Second, As far as catching 5 pounders every cast thats bc he bass are more healthy and can live longer in those conditions. But for u to say catching 5 pounders dont impress you? That actually is very impressive to make sure his private lake is healthy enough to produce such fish.

Last, the way he catches bass will be the same anywhere. I mean he is still one of the greatest tournament fisherman of all time. He made his career fishing bass tournaments. You can learn alot from his techniques. I think people get to caught up in the fish itself. He nor has any company ever said that there bait or technique will catch BIGGER fish? That is something people tell themselves, which would be incorrect. You cant make a bait that only catches big fish. You can go after bigger fish, maybe with bigger baits. But just bc Mr. Bill catches a 5 pounder in his pond, doesnt mean u will on his lake. But it does mean it will catch bass!

His methods will catch fish anywhere but everyone that has ever fished a private lake where the fish never see an artificial lure know they are a whole lot easier to catch than lakes that receive a ton of pressure. I don't care how small his "brian" is, fish get educated in highly pressured public water. Watching him catch 5 pounders on every cast in a lake that a 10 year old could do the same doesn't impress me.

#2964926 - 10/01/12 08:57 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: ]
Living2Hunt
8 Point

His private lake gets fished all the time! It takes about 5 fishing trips for one show. A lot of editing. And as far as educating, no they don't educate. They react and eat. You may catch more fish on a private lake then on a public lake. Bc the fish to acreage ratio. But you still catch the fish the same way. The public lake fish will have to eat the same amount as a private lake. And yes I do fish private lakes and spend a lot of time stocking em. A bass is a bass! No matter where?
#2964933 - 10/01/12 09:01 PM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: Living2Hunt]
Living2Hunt
8 Point

And o I want to add that Mr. Bill doesn't do shows on public lakes bc of the sho itself. No boat traffic, people, etc. You think people would leave him alone if they saw him fishing. Look at his saltwater show. There in the ocean. All public waters. You say he only catch fish bc he fishes private lakes. When in fact he can catch them anywhere at anytime. And this all I'm going to say on this topic. Good day.
#2965300 - 10/02/12 08:58 AM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: Living2Hunt]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN. USA

Bill Dance is first a great person, and secondly he is an exceptional fisherman. This man has devoted his life to fishing, so yes he could teach me, you and 99% of us how to fish different scenarios, but then there is a few that knows more than anyone else.
The reason I speak this about Bill, is my Stepson has a guide service and he had been fishing with Bill Dance all during the time leading up to him catching the 110 pounder.
You can get on Bill Dance web site and you will see that he gives cudo's to George Young.
On the 83 pound fish that Bill caught was on my Stepson's boat, which I have photos of.

Puppet Boy G8rntn is bought and paid for!!

#2965308 - 10/02/12 09:05 AM Re: Guess Who Caught a 110 Pound Catfish? [Re: Twinshooter]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN. USA

I would like to add that my 12 yo granddaughter caught a 16 pounder, and my 21 yo grandson caught a 24 pounder the same day as Bill caught his 83 pounder.
Pround of my kids and grandkids love of the outdoors, my Stepson George is a fine ambassador of the hunting and fishing life.

Puppet Boy G8rntn is bought and paid for!!

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (feldmutze, swami, ruger7mag, Ed B, 2in1shot, k-i-d-d, 15 invisible) and 131 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89142 Topics
1042549 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.236 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.