Tndeer Logo

Page all of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#2949079 - 09/19/12 02:02 PM A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Did you know no U.S. President has ever captured 62% or more of the vote?

The biggest "landslide" was when Lyndon Johnson captured 61.1% of the vote over Barry Goldwater's 38.5%.

In 2008, Obama received 52.9% of the vote. That's barely over half, but was a decisive victory over McCain's 45.7%. One "wild card" is how many people vote for unelectable candidates (such as Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, or Ron Paul) thereby often indirectly helping to elect the candidate they dislike most.

Of course another "wild card" is the electoral college system, which makes relatively small victories appear larger than they were by the popular vote. But many believe the electoral college is a "fairer" way than by simply just counting the popular vote, since the electoral college puts more weighting on states geographically, and less weighting on mega-population centers such as Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York. If not for the electoral college format, presidential candidates could simply ignore most of the country, only need to campaign and appeal to the voters of the largest cities.

But since we DO have the electoral college system,
I'm now predicting a huge landslide victory for Romney.

Why?

Because America is finding out the truth about Obama, turning out many to vote against him, while many that were for him in 2008 will simply not vote at all in 2012. Again, keep in mind Obama only captured 52.9% of the vote in 2008. He's going to get a lot less this time.

Another thing. People are now more excited about Romney in Sept 2012 than they were about McCain in Sept. 2008. There were many independents who just didn't vote rather than vote for McCain. But those feel a little better about Romney, plus they REALLY want to get Obama out. So the independents will vote in higher numbers, democrats will vote in lower numbers, while republicans will vote in about the same numbers. This spells L-A-N-D-S-L-I-D-E for Romney.

http://www.listology.com/list/biggest-landslides-us-presidential-elections

#2949081 - 09/19/12 02:06 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wes Parrish]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

I wish I was as optimistic. I believe the Kenyan wins in a squeaker, thanks to OH or FL.

#2949093 - 09/19/12 02:10 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wes Parrish]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Well, there is at least one more "wild card".
Don't know if this is true, but was just told that the Presidential ballot counting has been outsourced to a foreign company in Spain.

That company is owned by George Soros, the one many single-most credited with getting Obama elected in 2008.

“Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
Those who count the votes decide everything”

- - - - - - - - - - Joseph Stalin

http://www.dailypaul.com/228915/spanish-...eas-in-november

And before someone says "Snopes" says this is false, rumor has it Soros also controls Snopes. We just really don't know what to believe.

#2949094 - 09/19/12 02:10 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Vegas also calling for it. Vegas couldn't care less about the politics involved.

Wed Aug 1st we were all shocked at the outpouring of support for Chik Fil A. Nov 7th we're all gonna say "pack your trash, Kenyan"

#2949103 - 09/19/12 02:16 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: AndyW]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Originally Posted By: AndyW
Vegas couldn't care less about the politics involved.

Oh, but they do!

What happens in America happens in Vegas!
And the Vegas economy is almost as bad as Chicago's.

#2949144 - 09/19/12 02:44 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wes Parrish]
muddyboots
12 Point

Loc: savannah, tn., usa

content Online
I hope yawl are right.

#2949154 - 09/19/12 02:49 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wes Parrish]
AndyW
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
Vegas couldn't care less about the politics involved.

Oh, but they do!

What happens in America happens in Vegas!
And the Vegas economy is almost as bad as Chicago's.

I probably wasn't clear enough. Oddsmakers calling for Romney's landslide are going to call for it with no emotion involved; the same as they would for Odingo if they thought he was the winner.

#2949203 - 09/19/12 03:27 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: AndyW]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

Odds at one site
Obama 2/7
Romney 13/5

http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/politi...race-e212304268

#2949218 - 09/19/12 03:46 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Today's odds are Barack Obama -265 and Mitt Romney +235.

http://www.gamblerspalace.com/us_president_election_odds.html

#2949396 - 09/19/12 06:58 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

IF (and that's a big IF) Romney wins, it will bring the fiscal flooding to a steady stream at best, nothing more.

The damage is done.

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#2949439 - 09/19/12 07:32 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: preds1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Unless the conservatives get off their butts and vote Obama WILL WIN.

Last election way too many conservatives did not vote, all they've done the last 4 years is complain and now they have another chance to vote again. Will they do it or will they set around and complain another 4 years???

#2949530 - 09/19/12 08:13 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wildcat]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

I have said before, if the election resembles 2008, Obama wins. If it has the 2010 turnout it will be a Romney win.

I am confident it won't be another 2008. But I am not sure it will be exactly like 2010. But one indication is the degree to which the media is protecting Obama. They are all in at this point which means they are in panic mode big time. The uglier and more openly biased they get is an indication of where they see the election going.

-Thomas Jefferson

#2949533 - 09/19/12 08:15 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: citico_tim]
AndyW
10 Point

If four years of Marxist Obama doesn't motivate the voter base to resoundingly kick him out of office, the country is doomed anyway.

#2949545 - 09/19/12 08:21 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: AndyW]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

If four years of Marxist Obama doesn't motivate the voter base to resoundingly kick him out of office, the country is doomed anyway.

Yes we are doomed:

#2949547 - 09/19/12 08:22 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: citico_tim]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Loc: NASHVILLE, TN

The fact that the race is this close to begin with shows that this country is done. We have reached a point where the liberals are, finally through the length of time, reaching the majority. There is nothing you can do about it. These are the times I wish I could jump ahead 40 years and be getting close to 70 years old so I wouldnt have to put up with this country's suicide. Instead, I am close to 30 and will be living through this mess for the next 40 years.

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#2949552 - 09/19/12 08:24 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: JCDEERMAN]
citico_tim
10 Point

Originally Posted By: JCDEERMAN
The fact that the race is this close to begin with shows that this country is done. We have reached a point where the liberals are, finally through the length of time, reaching the majority. There is nothing you can do about it. These are the times I wish I could jump ahead 40 years and be getting close to 70 years old so I wouldnt have to put up with this country's suicide. Instead, I am close to 30 and will be living through this mess for the next 40 years.

It is going to take either a complete economic collapse which will make the Great Depression look like a holiday, or a truly great leader to emerge. We are closer to the former.

-Thomas Jefferson

#2949591 - 09/19/12 08:43 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: citico_tim]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

I can promise ya'll this for sure, if Obomber wins again I am giving up on politics completely and will refuse to vote ever again. I will live out the rest of my life enjoying doing the things I love to do; fish, hunt, and being with my family. Our good days will be numbered and I intend on enjoying them completely before the SHTF. Basically I am giving up on the American people.

#2949679 - 09/19/12 09:41 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
JN
4 Point

Loc: Northeast TN

When you have the blind leading the blind they both fall in the pit. If people can't see the failure Obama is then we have no where to go but down
#2949780 - 09/19/12 11:37 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: JN]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

The current election is very reminescent of Sept-Oct 1980 when the pollister predicted Jimmy Carter to win big over Reagan ---- while just the opposite happened!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/09/...september-1980/

#2950148 - 09/20/12 09:57 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wes Parrish]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

Loc: San Antonio, TX

I still don't think this Marxist, narcissistic POS of a POTUS will allow a legitimate election.

Searching for the elusive "Moderate" liberal and "Moderate" Muslim. Maybe they are hiding together...

Μολων λαβε

#2950200 - 09/20/12 10:35 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: JCDEERMAN]
Plateau Hunter
8 Point

Loc: Cannon County, TN

Originally Posted By: JCDEERMAN

That is pretty much my feelings also-RR should be ahead by 20%. IF RR doesnt win this country is finished and may be anyway. With DHS, SS, and the National Weather Service(unbelievable) purchasing over a billion rounds of ammo and the US Army training for domestic unrest seems the 'Govmnt' knows it too. PH GOD help us all.

#2950490 - 09/20/12 02:37 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: citico_tim]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: citico_tim
But one indication is the degree to which the media is protecting Obama. They are all in at this point which means they are in panic mode big time. The uglier and more openly biased they get is an indication of where they see the election going.

I hope that's true, because the MS Media is in "frantic mode." Their propoganda is reaching shockingly shrill levels. I can only hope this means they are deeply worried about the re-election of the man they worked so hard to get elected. Their tactics and spin have risen to the level of not even caring about the blatant obviousness of their bias.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#2950495 - 09/20/12 02:40 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: BSK]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Media Blames Romney for Their Refusal to Scrutinize Obama’s Decisions

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Talk about the conservative critique–and I think it’s a fair critique, the conservative critique: that all you guys in the media were talking about Mitt Romney, you should have talked about the warnings with the embassy, etc., etc. And yes perhaps we should have. But you know who didn’t allow us to do that?

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: Mitt Romney.

SCARBOROUGH: Mitt Romney. If Mitt Romney had kept his mouth shut, if he had not acted like a rank amateur, if he had not embarrassed himself–and by the way internally the campaign understands they screwed up, he’s moved on, they know that. So no conservative can say “oh, the mainstream media, blah, blah.” They know how badly they screwed up, and they were having the fight internally before he even went out and did it. But Romney got in the way of the media looking at the president, going, wha-, wha-, what happened here? How did this happen? Now, those questions are going to be asked in the coming weeks. But they weren’t asked in the first 24 hours because Romney was holding this horrific, irresponsible, press conference.

If only Mitt Romney were to drop out of the election, there is no doubt in my mind that the media would finally do its job of asking why Obama’s disastrous undeclared war and bad security decisions empowered Islamists to run wild across the Middle East and murder Americans. That is if they don’t get distracted by some Republicans somewhere criticizing Obama, which will force them to immediately debut coverage demanding that the Republican be immediately arrested and sent to a Hope Gulag (TM) for rehabilitation.

Mostly this is just embarrassing. We are witnessing the last gasps of anything resembling journalism and its replacement by bellowing hacks who can always be counted on to scream the Party Line at viewers after a long lunch.

The media can’t do its job in Libya for three very simple reasons.

1. It no longer has any idea how to do its job

2. It can’t question Obama

3. It can’t risk a scenario where their questions help Romney become president

Scarborough and Brzezinski have as much as admitted that they will not do their jobs because it might benefit Romney. Would they do their jobs if we went to a One Party State? Nope.

What is astounding is the sheer childishness of what passes for media dialogue now. No one takes responsibility for anything now. Instead Scarborough bellows that he can’t do his job of questioning Obama because Romney somehow got in the way.

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield...amas-decisions/

#2950529 - 09/20/12 02:59 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Crappie Luck]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

They're blaming Romney because by scooping them, he made it clear they are NOT doing their job.

And it stings.

They're so full of crap it's pathetic.

#2950612 - 09/20/12 04:13 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: BSK]
citico_tim
10 Point

Originally Posted By: BSK
But one indication is the degree to which the media is protecting Obama. They are all in at this point which means they are in panic mode big time. The uglier and more openly biased they get is an indication of where they see the election going.

I hope that's true, because the MS Media is in "frantic mode." Their propoganda is reaching shockingly shrill levels. I can only hope this means they are deeply worried about the re-election of the man they worked so hard to get elected. Their tactics and spin have risen to the level of not even caring about the blatant obviousness of their bias.

BSK, You might enjoy this:

Andrew Klavan: Lies! Deceit! Treachery! You Too Can Be a Mainstream Media Reporter

-Thomas Jefferson

#2951123 - 09/21/12 03:03 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: citico_tim]
JohnnyArcher
Spike

Loc: Nashville, TN

I hate to kick you guys while you're down, but let me give you a little history lesson. You remember when your boy, W, was the incumbent and he had his two wars going on in full swing? Yeah, about that...

Never in our entire history as a country has a president been voted out of office when up for re-election while the country was at war. NEVER. Google it.

Speaking of good ol' W, let's go back to the 04' race. You remember that guy Kerry?

He was the cat from New England right? Massachusetts? You know, the one that all of those party loyalists didn't really like, but would vote for him because he wasn't the other guy?

Y'all remember how that worked out when it came to convincing those pesky center fence/independent voters that make up such a huge percentage of the population? Yeah...about that

Kerry was the left's equivalent of Romney. And I have a feeling history is going to repeat itself.

PM me to get in on the betting.

#2951201 - 09/21/12 06:10 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: JohnnyArcher]
BMan
16 Point

Johnny, didn't you hear? Your boy zerO declared the war was OVER.

#2951243 - 09/21/12 07:04 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: JohnnyArcher]
citico_tim
10 Point

Originally Posted By: JohnnyArcher
I hate to kick you guys while you're down, but let me give you a little history lesson. You remember when your boy, W, was the incumbent and he had his two wars going on in full swing? Yeah, about that...

Never in our entire history as a country has a president been voted out of office when up for re-election while the country was at war. NEVER. Google it.

Speaking of good ol' W, let's go back to the 04' race. You remember that guy Kerry?

He was the cat from New England right? Massachusetts? You know, the one that all of those party loyalists didn't really like, but would vote for him because he wasn't the other guy?

Y'all remember how that worked out when it came to convincing those pesky center fence/independent voters that make up such a huge percentage of the population? Yeah...about that

Kerry was the left's equivalent of Romney. And I have a feeling history is going to repeat itself.

Well, Obama is all about making history.

The difference is that Bush was winning his wars. And it is a fact that since Obama took command more Americans have died in Afghanistan than in Bush's entire 8 years. But Bush allowed them to defend themselves.

As for the independents, reputable polls keep indicating that about 8 out of 10 of them claim they will not vote for Obama.

I'd love to wager with you, but I suspect all I'd win is an IOU. Pretty much the way our country is being run.

-Thomas Jefferson

#2951328 - 09/21/12 08:12 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: citico_tim]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Plus, some of his union ilk will fit you with a pair of concrete golashes.

#2951339 - 09/21/12 08:17 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Crappie Luck]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
Media Blames Romney for Their Refusal to Scrutinize Obama’s Decisions

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Talk about the conservative critique–and I think it’s a fair critique, the conservative critique: that all you guys in the media were talking about Mitt Romney, you should have talked about the warnings with the embassy, etc., etc. And yes perhaps we should have. But you know who didn’t allow us to do that?

I know! I know! I know!

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Searching for the elusive "Moderate" liberal and "Moderate" Muslim. Maybe they are hiding together...

Μολων λαβε

#2951416 - 09/21/12 08:57 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Still-n-Quiet]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

As far as the MSM and general public is concerned..... What wars?

Since obummbler has taken office, the MSM has shoved the wars off the radar scope to hide his incompetence and bad policy.

I don't think it is going to play a major role in helping Bingo Odingo keep his job.

#2951429 - 09/21/12 09:04 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: JohnnyArcher]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

I do believe that is against the law. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#2951516 - 09/21/12 10:01 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: JohnnyArcher]
AndyW
10 Point

\:D

#2951521 - 09/21/12 10:03 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: JohnnyArcher]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Never in our entire history as a country has a president been voted out of office when up for re-election while the country was at war. NEVER.

What about during an "Overseas contingency operation?"
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#2951538 - 09/21/12 10:11 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: TennesseeRains]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

So Romney is going to lose because J Fn Kerry lost?
Sure. Makes sense to me........

#2951721 - 09/21/12 12:58 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: TennesseeRains]
Camp David
12 Point

Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains

Never in our entire history as a country has a president been voted out of office when up for re-election while the country was at war. NEVER.

What about during an "Overseas contingency operation?"

Too funny TR.

#2951863 - 09/21/12 03:22 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: JohnnyArcher]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Kerry was the left's equivalent of Romney.

In what way?

I'm not getting the comparison at all.

#2951886 - 09/21/12 04:00 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Crappie Luck]
BMan
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

Kerry was the left's equivalent of Romney.

In what way?

I'm not getting the comparison at all.

Kerry would object to Johnny's statement.

After all, Romney has - hey, did you know John Kerry was in Vietnam? \:D

#2952108 - 09/21/12 08:31 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Still-n-Quiet]
UTGrad
14 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

I voted for Romney in the primary in 2008 but the Evangelicals wouldn't vote for him.

I've always backed Romney cause he is very very very smart with business and economics and supports Israel

#2957093 - 09/25/12 03:03 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

Grew up in Miami, lots of friends and work-folks of the Hebrew faith. Let the village idiot continue to go down the path he is on. Not all hispanics are idiots. Not all Jewish people are idiots.

I think an Obama defeat along the lines of 60/40 is definitely headed our way.

#2958256 - 09/26/12 12:57 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: preds1]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

No, the damage will be done and the recovery can begin when Romney is Elected. I actually am expecting the resident idiot to head for Hawaii and stay there. Forever.
#2958274 - 09/26/12 01:09 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: DaveB]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

No, Dave. If he loses, the Narcissist-n-Chief will run again in 2016. His ego will demand it.

Μολων λαβε

#2961053 - 09/28/12 06:38 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: citico_tim]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

. . . . . Bush was winning his wars. And it is a fact that since Obama took command more Americans have died in Afghanistan than in Bush's entire 8 years. But Bush allowed them to defend themselves.

Remember when the mainstream media daily made issue of how many people had died today "because of Bush"?

Lamestream media doesn't seem to think more soldiers dying under Obama is newsworthy. Why? I thought journalists reported the news?

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
As far as the MSM and general public is concerned..... What wars?

Since obummbler has taken office, the MSM has shoved the wars off the radar scope to hide his incompetence and bad policy.

My thoughts exactly.
And shouldn't Cindy Sheehan be in the daily news talking about how Obama's wars?

#2961057 - 09/28/12 06:47 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: DaveB]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Originally Posted By: DaveB
Grew up in Miami, lots of friends and work-folks of the Hebrew faith. Let the village idiot continue to go down the path he is on. Not all hispanics are idiots. Not all Jewish people are idiots.

I think an Obama defeat along the lines of 60/40 is definitely headed our way.

I tend to agree with DaveB.
Personally, I know several Hispanic and several Jewish people who voted for Obama in 2008. While MOST are saying they "just can't" vote for a Republican, they are also saying they're not going to vote again for Obama. In other words, they are sitting out the election, i.e. taking their votes away from Obama.

But it's also a LOT of democratic voters, period, who voted for Obama in 2008, but will NOT be voting at all in 2012.

#2961728 - 09/29/12 01:52 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wes Parrish]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Check this out:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/...gholds-mirrors/

Voter registration in the Buckeye State is down by 490,000 people from four years ago. Of that reduction, 44 percent is in Cleveland and surrounding Cuyahoga County, where Democrats outnumber Republicans more than two to one.

"I think what we're seeing is a lot of spin and hype on the part of the Obama campaign to try to make it appear that they're going to cruise to victory in Ohio," Cuyahoga County Republican Chairman Rob Frost said. "It's not just Cuyahoga County. Nearly 350,000 of those voters are the decrease in the rolls in the three largest counties, Cuyahoga, Hamilton and Franklin."

Frost points out that those three counties all contain urban centers, where the largest Democrat vote traditionally has been.

Ohio is not alone. An August study by the left-leaning think tank Third Way showed that the Democratic voter registration decline in eight key swing states outnumbered the Republican decline by a 10-to-one ratio.

In 2008, Obama received 52.9% of the vote. That's barely over half . . . . . So (in 2012) the independents will vote in higher numbers (and mainly for Romney), democrats (for Obama) will vote in lower numbers, while republicans will vote in about the same numbers. This spells L-A-N-D-S-L-I-D-E for Romney.

#2962802 - 09/30/12 02:23 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wes Parrish]
AndyW
10 Point

Check this out:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/...gholds-mirrors/

Voter registration in the Buckeye State is down by 490,000 people from four years ago. Of that reduction, 44 percent is in Cleveland and surrounding Cuyahoga County, where Democrats outnumber Republicans more than two to one.

"I think what we're seeing is a lot of spin and hype on the part of the Obama campaign to try to make it appear that they're going to cruise to victory in Ohio," Cuyahoga County Republican Chairman Rob Frost said. "It's not just Cuyahoga County. Nearly 350,000 of those voters are the decrease in the rolls in the three largest counties, Cuyahoga, Hamilton and Franklin."

Frost points out that those three counties all contain urban centers, where the largest Democrat vote traditionally has been.

Ohio is not alone. An August study by the left-leaning think tank Third Way showed that the Democratic voter registration decline in eight key swing states outnumbered the Republican decline by a 10-to-one ratio.

In 2008, Obama received 52.9% of the vote. That's barely over half . . . . . So (in 2012) the independents will vote in higher numbers (and mainly for Romney), democrats (for Obama) will vote in lower numbers, while republicans will vote in about the same numbers. This spells L-A-N-D-S-L-I-D-E for Romney.

Thanks for posting Wes, great to see the truth every now and then.

#2962981 - 09/30/12 05:37 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: ]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

I think the Kenyan will win either by sheer stupidity of the American people or by hook and crook, perhaps a healty combination of both!
#2963354 - 09/30/12 10:36 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: ]
farmin68
16 Point

Originally Posted By: youngandfree
I don't think it will be a landslide for Romney at all in fact, I believe it will be too close to call. I hope I am wrong, even though I am hardly what you could call a "Romney Supporter".
I read a article a few weeks ago that exposed the fact that the contracts for the election tallying equipment in key swing states has been given to a hispanic company that has ties to the Obama administration I forget the details, but they were pretty shocking. I have only heard it mentioned one time on a mainstream media outlet.

Each state counts and certifies their own votes.

Remember all that mess in Florida in 2000? The re-count was a waste of time for Al Gore as the state of Florida had already certified the vote and submitted it to the feds.

#2964226 - 10/01/12 02:23 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wes Parrish]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

“Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
Those who count the votes decide everything”

- - - - - - - - - - Joseph Stalin

Perhaps we should add to Stalin's quote,
that suppressing the military vote is another way to control the outcome.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/01/military-ballot-requests-down-in-key-battleground-states/

Absentee ballot voting is critical for members of the military, many of them stationed overseas or away from their home state.

SOME how, SOME way . . . . . .
COULD
it be Obama's Czars are suppressing the requests for military absentee ballots?

#2964236 - 10/01/12 02:25 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: farmin68]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Originally Posted By: farmin68
Remember all that mess in Florida in 2000? The re-count was a waste of time for Al Gore as the state of Florida had already certified the vote and submitted it to the feds.

If I remember correctly, there were also thousands of absentee military votes that were NOT counted because they SOME how, SOME way, "arrived" late to the "official" vote counters (even thought the servicemen who cast their votes did so legitimately and timely).

#2964247 - 10/01/12 02:32 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wes Parrish]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

Originally Posted By: farmin68

If I remember correctly, there were also thousands of absentee military votes that were NOT counted because they SOME how, SOME way, "arrived" late to the "official" vote counters (even thought the servicemen who cast their votes did so legitimately and timely).

Demonrats are only worried about disenfranchisement of people voting for them!

Μολων λαβε

#2964417 - 10/01/12 03:58 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: ]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Some state governments are quite "crooked", too.

Need we look any farther than Illinois?

#2964447 - 10/01/12 04:17 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wes Parrish]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

If Romney does not hit it out of the park on debate nights it will be a long 4 years.

Edited by Encore Eye Candy (10/01/12 04:47 PM)

#2965373 - 10/02/12 09:52 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
I wish I was as optimistic. I believe the Kenyan wins in a squeaker, thanks to OH or FL.

http://youtu.be/vHEHhcVIOdY

\:D

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#2966852 - 10/03/12 10:39 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: preds1]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

The rocker "Creed" stating his disappointment in Obama.
"Creed" voted for Obama in 2008, but says he'll be voting for Romney in 2012.

Very interesting perspectives from Creed that may have a "domino" effect among the rocker community?

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-friend...anging-his-tune

#2967562 - 10/03/12 08:13 PM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Wes Parrish]
Greg .
aPoStROpHe PolIcE
16 Point

Loc: NC Piedmonts

iT'S BeCAUse thE PuBs ARe takIng
aWaY tHE lIberaL vOtER'S fRaNcHISeS ...

.. LikE MCDDOnaLd'S aNd kFC ...

#2987190 - 10/18/12 08:33 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: Greg .]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Anyone else think the debate moderators' bias for Obama is now backfiring on Obama?

Originally Posted By: BSK
But one indication is the degree to which the media is protecting Obama. . . . . The uglier and more openly biased they get is an indication of where they see the election going.

I hope that's true, because the MS Media is in "frantic mode." Their propoganda is reaching shockingly shrill levels. . . . . Their tactics and spin have risen to the level of not even caring about the blatant obviousness of their bias.

I think a rising number of former Obama supporters are now for the first time realizing they were DUPED in 2008, and will NOT be voting for Obama this go round. This number is rising daily. That's why the democrats are frantically trying to get their base to vote early (and often) NOW!

#2987369 - 10/18/12 10:36 AM Re: A "Landslide" Victory Predicted for Romney [Re: ]
farmin68
16 Point

Originally Posted By: youngandfree
I don't think it will be a landslide for Romney at all in fact, I believe it will be too close to call. I hope I am wrong, even though I am hardly what you could call a "Romney Supporter".
I read a article a few weeks ago that exposed the fact that the contracts for the election tallying equipment in key swing states has been given to a hispanic company that has ties to the Obama administration I forget the details, but they were pretty shocking. I have only heard it mentioned one time on a mainstream media outlet.

Welcome to the site.

You mention a few things in your post;

- This election isn't going to be close. Every indicator that is considered to be reliable points to a big Romney win. The polling data the MSM feeds us is not one of those reliable indicators. Romney will win with over 300 electoral votes. Where it is close is the battle for the U.S. Senate. I believe the D's will lose control, but it is going to be close.

- I hope you are enough of a "Romney supporter" to vote for him! If not, your no vote is worth at least a half vote for Obama. Our main goal at the moment should be to send the Kenyan packing. Then we identify what the next goal should be.

- The buzz about our ballots being counted by groups or organizations outside the country or with direct ties to the Campaigner In Chief just aren't true. Votes are still counted on a local level, usually through the county election commission. Each state then tallies their own election totals as the results come in from those counties.

Page all of 6 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (scn, Brisco Darlin, 280longshot, JayMc, Woodchuck, elkman, 14 invisible) and 117 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89380 Topics
1045403 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.293 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.