Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2939718 - 09/11/12 03:10 PM Universal Free Speech.
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE88A11N20120911?irpc=932

Link up top for LINK police.

I don't start a thread in this forum but a few times a year, and don't respond to many otherwise. Just read them mostly, but here goes.

Universal Free Speech?

The report in the link above says the U.S. condemns any and all who use universal free speech to hurt any peoples' feelings religeous or otherwise. B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what Universal Free Speech is SUPPOSED to do, what it is MEANT to do, it is its' very ESSENCE! You don't like what's said give a retort, plead your case, present evidence, scream at the top of your lungs, or....................go home, lock yourself in your house and cry in your pillow and let somebody else figure it out!

It hurts my feelings everytime I hear OBOZO going from HARVARD dialect when talking to Wall Street Liberals to really poorly executed INNER-CITY dialect when addressing AA voters.

It hurts my feelings hearing Michelle tell me what I need to feed my kids at school while she pounds down Koby Beef, Lobster tails, caviar, scallops, and $600 bottles of wine like they won't make anymore.

It hurts my feelings to hear Joe Biden.........on second thought nevermind, this dude is hilarious!!! He's like a Cracker-Jack box; always a prize inside.

It hurts my feelings to look at Hillary Clinton, she doesn't even have to speak. Don't like Bill, but don't blame him; just sayin'.

I don't remember a U.S. spokesperson saying they condemn atheists for making movies and writing books. How come? That hurts my religeous feelings.

They didn't condemn these idiots for putting up a flag that said "Allah is the only god, and Mohammed is his prophet"? That hurts anyone's feelings who is not Islamic, but guess what? THAT IS UNIVERSAL FREE SPEECH you recto-cranial-inverted moron spokes-people!

My point is Universal Free Speech is not meant to beat around the bush, to pussyfoot, not meant to be politically correct, not meant to spare feelings. It's in your face, and that's what it is designed to be!

I HOPE FOR A CHANGE!!!

#2939961 - 09/11/12 07:13 PM Re: Universal Free Speech. [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
Camp David
12 Point

Loc: TN

Well said.

#2939993 - 09/11/12 07:30 PM Re: Universal Free Speech. [Re: Camp David]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

I liked this, please respond to more political threads.

#2940029 - 09/11/12 07:45 PM Re: Universal Free Speech. [Re: AndyW]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

A show of strength from Salafists on 9/11 to remind Americans who's winning these days in the Middle East. The newsworthy part isn't the protest --- we already know what a mob can do to an embassy in Cairo --- but the reaction from the embassy. When this tweet started circulating a few hours ago, I thought it might be a parody account. Afraid not. The official statement from the embassy website:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others

The money word there, of course, is “abuse.” If speech is illegitimate because it offends religious sensibilities, then we’re on the doorstep of yelling “blasphemy.” In practical effect, that’s what the embassy is pushing: There’s not a syllable wasted here on condemning the cretins who climbed the embassy walls and tore down the flag — on 9/11. The denunciation is reserved for the blasphemers, who in this case turn out to be Egyptian expats who made an amateur film about Mohammed that’s presumably being used by Islamist demagogues over there to whip up the crowd. Every now and then, the Organization of the Islamic Conference pushes a blasphemy resolution at the UN designed to carve out international exceptions to free speech laws for insults to religion, i.e. Islam. The statement from the embassy is precisely the mentality they’re trying to cultivate. All that’s missing is a call for criminal penalties, but that’s less important to the anti-blasphemy bloc than western officials groveling to their sensibilities. Mission accomplished.

Do note, this isn’t the only criticism of Islam that’s been suppressed today due to fears of violence. In the UK, a private screening of a new documentary on the subject was canceled due to threats. I wonder if The One will get so much as a single question about this, and what he’ll say in defense of the embassy’s reaction. The last time we went through the now familiar “insult to Islam inspires international incident” cycle, he begged Terry Jones publicly not to burn the Koran because doing so would endanger U.S. troops. That was clever insofar as it’s hard to resist an appeal to patriotism from the C-in-C but it has the same problem as the embassy statement — namely, placing the moral onus on the speaker not to speak rather than on the violent nut not to be nutty and violent. Is O going to phone the Egyptian expats and ask them to take up another hobby besides filmmaking? Curious to see how far this logic extends.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/11/u-...-american-flag/

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  gtk, Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (pse2, wireman, justsolo) and 61 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.004 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.