Topic Options
#2934302 - 09/06/12 02:50 PM Re: it's cheap to run my boat [Re: AllOutdoors]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: AllOutdoors
 Originally Posted By: catman529
I think with a 200 horse your boat must be almost as wide as the duck river.

Not hardly as wide. It works great on the Duck.I fish Buffalo river too and its smaller than the Duck.
is it a flat bottom? I saw a boat the other day with a 140 horse and the boat was a big and wide flat bottom, he said it would run in 1.5 ft of water with the motor trimmed up and the boat itself draft only 8 inches. Oh and that motor at low speeds was quieter than my little 5 horse \:D

...since last deer season

#2934313 - 09/06/12 03:00 PM Re: it's cheap to run my boat [Re: catman529]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Originally Posted By: Football Hunter
I have 4 stroke 150 Yamaha,it does great,and gets me where I wanna go pretty quick,love it,quiet,easy on gas.Will run about 45 or so,nice when you wanna move a couple miles.
it doesn't get you 25 miles to the gallon though does it? Whatever suits you. I've already gone more than a couple miles today... Fishing for rockfish at the moment, but to say I've caught fish I have already caught two nice carp today, do you want the pics of them? \:\)
Na,dont need to see any pics of carp.Sometimes in life,comfort and usability are more important than how cheap you can get by with.Ive fished in some storms at Dale Hollow,catching fish,and was very glad I was in a Bass Boat,a small john boat would have been very unpleasant.

Dont know about mileage,never seen a boat with an odometer on it,but it does very well.
there's one thing my boat would not do well with, a bad storm... still it serves its purpose well and doesn't cost me much to operate.
Well,why not cut to the chase,fish from the bank,make home made cane poles,and dig worms on site?Glad you like your little boat,and I like mine.

You wont know,if you dont go!

#2934320 - 09/06/12 03:04 PM Re: it's cheap to run my boat [Re: Football Hunter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

I have 4 stroke 150 Yamaha,it does great,and gets me where I wanna go pretty quick,love it,quiet,easy on gas.Will run about 45 or so,nice when you wanna move a couple miles.
it doesn't get you 25 miles to the gallon though does it? Whatever suits you. I've already gone more than a couple miles today... Fishing for rockfish at the moment, but to say I've caught fish I have already caught two nice carp today, do you want the pics of them? \:\)
Na,dont need to see any pics of carp.Sometimes in life,comfort and usability are more important than how cheap you can get by with.Ive fished in some storms at Dale Hollow,catching fish,and was very glad I was in a Bass Boat,a small john boat would have been very unpleasant.

Dont know about mileage,never seen a boat with an odometer on it,but it does very well.
there's one thing my boat would not do well with, a bad storm... still it serves its purpose well and doesn't cost me much to operate.
Well,why not cut to the chase,fish from the bank,make home made cane poles,and dig worms on site?Glad you like your little boat,and I like mine.
I have done all of the above except the cane poles.... one time I caught a load of worms and put one on the hook, sight casted to and caught a 6 lb buffalo... of course you probably don't even consider that a real fish, because it's not an almighty bass....

#2934341 - 09/06/12 03:22 PM Re: it's cheap to run my boat [Re: catman529]
AllOutdoors
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: AllOutdoors
I think with a 200 horse your boat must be almost as wide as the duck river.

Not hardly as wide. It works great on the Duck.I fish Buffalo river too and its smaller than the Duck.
is it a flat bottom? I saw a boat the other day with a 140 horse and the boat was a big and wide flat bottom, he said it would run in 1.5 ft of water with the motor trimmed up and the boat itself draft only 8 inches. Oh and that motor at low speeds was quieter than my little 5 horse \:D

No its not a flat bottom. It is a Delta Pad with a 6 degree deadrise. It also has lifting/turning strakes and a reverse chine. It drafts 7-8 inches of water and easily runs in 4 inches.

#2934349 - 09/06/12 03:32 PM Re: it's cheap to run my boat [Re: AllOutdoors]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

sounds like a beast if it can run that shallow, mine won't do 4 inches of water but if I'm that shallow I just get out and drag the boat. Lol

#2934351 - 09/06/12 03:33 PM Re: it's cheap to run my boat [Re: AllOutdoors]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

sounds like a beast if it can run that shallow, mine won't do 4 inches of water but if I'm that shallow I just get out and drag the boat. Lol

#2935239 - 09/07/12 10:02 AM Re: it's cheap to run my boat [Re: catman529]
AllOutdoors
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

I grew up wading and floating small rivers and creeks. The Harpeth, Swan, Piney, Buffalo and Lick creek. I have done my share of dragging. I'm no good at it anymore. I prefer to drive to my spots now. Its easier on a tired back.

#2935268 - 09/07/12 10:28 AM Re: it's cheap to run my boat [Re: catman529]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

I have done all of the above except the cane poles.... one time I caught a load of worms and put one on the hook, sight casted to and caught a 6 lb buffalo... of course you probably don't even consider that a real fish, because it's not an almighty bass....
No,its a real fish,a real ugly one \:\) Dont interest me,but have fun

#2935308 - 09/07/12 10:52 AM Re: it's cheap to run my boat [Re: Football Hunter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

they don't interest me much either, because they don't bite much and hardly fight at all. I've seen uglier fish too. But it is rewarding to have a buffalo bite your bait or lure because it usually takes a lot of effort. I pretty much ignore them except for the fly south carp tourney.

hey if you ever are not having luck with the smallies and felt like wasting your time catching a carp I would gladly show you how... They aint pretty but they are very smart fish and fight like a freight train

#2935331 - 09/07/12 11:09 AM Re: it's cheap to run my boat [Re: catman529]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

no thanks,no interest in carp,drum,gar,buffalo,etc,just dont interest me at all.

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
86 registered (Spikes Tactical, dralarms, WGK, gladeshunter, DaveB, JAY B, 9 invisible) and 104 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91723 Topics
1071985 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.102 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.