Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2928118 - 08/31/12 06:13 PM Shameful
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

I intend to cast my vote for the Romney-Ryan ticket, not out of enthusiasm, but because there is no viable alternative. Unlike years past though, I will not be contributing one cent to their campaigns nor to the Republican Party.

Here's why:

"...neither Romney nor his running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, had anything to say about terrorism or war while on their party's biggest stage...."

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120831/US.Republicans.War/?cid=hero_media

#2928128 - 08/31/12 06:25 PM Re: Shameful [Re: Bambi Buster]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

I agree. Nearly anything is better than the Kenyan. However, a return to a confederal system seems to be the best solution at this point.
#2928166 - 08/31/12 07:11 PM Re: Shameful [Re: Bambi Buster]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster
I intend to cast my vote for the Romney-Ryan ticket, not out of enthusiasm, but because there is no viable alternative. Unlike years past though, I will not be contributing one cent to their campaigns nor to the Republican Party.

Here's why:

"...neither Romney nor his running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, had anything to say about terrorism or war while on their party's biggest stage...."

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120831/US.Republicans.War/?cid=hero_media

Romney did tell us that he will support Israel and won't back down from Putin.

This election is about the economy. I say why bring it up until you need to. Election politics is calculated moves.

BTW- he wasn't my first choice either.

#2928207 - 08/31/12 07:48 PM Re: Shameful [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa

Here's why:

Romney did tell us that he will support Israel and won't back down from Putin.

This election is about the economy. I say why bring it up until you need to. Election politics is calculated moves.

BTW- he wasn't my first choice either.

Somehow I doubt the 79,000+ American currently in Afghanistan are all that interested in Israel or Putin.

I understand that the fate of our deployed troops is of no interest to the electorate, and that if a candidate wishes to be elected, he must emphasize issues the voters are concerned about. Even so, one would think that a candidate for the office of Commander-in-Chief and his running mate could at least take 30 seconds in their acceptance speeches to acknowledge the existence and the ongoing sacrifice of those they seek to command.

#2928223 - 08/31/12 08:08 PM Re: Shameful [Re: Bambi Buster]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Somehow I doubt the 79,000+ American currently in Afghanistan are all that interested in Israel or Putin. I understand that the fate of our deployed troops is of no interest to the electorate, and that if a candidate wishes to be elected, he must emphasize issues the voters are concerned about. Even so, one would think that a candidate for the office of Commander-in-Chief and his running mate could at least take 30 seconds in their acceptance speeches to acknowledge the existence and the ongoing sacrifice of those they seek to command.

Excellent points - particularly the underlined.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#2928343 - 08/31/12 10:00 PM Re: Shameful [Re: Bambi Buster]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Unfortunately, with the possible exception of increased foreign conflicts a Romney/Ryan ticket will have very little foreign policy differences from Obama/Biden. There was really nothing for their political gain to say about the current conflict so Romney/Ryan both decided to ignore the war in otherwise good speeches.

The truly pathetic part of Thursday night's speech was that in a country that is on the brink of collapse more Americans (18-49) tuned in to a trashy reality show than took the time to review a possible Presidential replacement.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-fe...nvention-367022

The TLC series hits another high in its fourth episode, nearing 3 million viewers and topping cable news and broadcast network coverage of the RNC among adults 18-49.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#2928366 - 08/31/12 10:29 PM Re: Shameful [Re: Bambi Buster]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

one would think that a candidate for the office of Commander-in-Chief and his running mate could at least take 30 seconds in their acceptance speeches to acknowledge the existence and the ongoing sacrifice of those they seek to command.

AMEN!!!!

#2928374 - 08/31/12 10:39 PM Re: Shameful [Re: de novo]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

No disrespect for our troops AT ALL. Romney = White Obama

I will sum up our priorities real quick:

Economy
Economy
Economy

$376,250.00 of debt for every man, women, and child (320 million).

Nothing else matters. If we don't get this fixed FAST, we are ALL going down. Troops, Grand Ma, Grand Pa, you, me, and everyone else in between.

Period.

Paul Ryan is our only hope.

#2928505 - 09/01/12 07:57 AM Re: Shameful [Re: de novo]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Novocaine

Unfortunately, with the possible exception of increased foreign conflicts a Romney/Ryan ticket will have very little foreign policy differences from Obama/Biden. There was really nothing for their political gain to say about the current conflict so Romney/Ryan both decided to ignore the war in otherwise good speeches.

The truly pathetic part of Thursday night's speech was that in a country that is on the brink of collapse more Americans (18-49) tuned in to a trashy reality show than took the time to review a possible Presidential replacement.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-fe...nvention-367022

The TLC series hits another high in its fourth episode, nearing 3 million viewers and topping cable news and broadcast network coverage of the RNC among adults 18-49.

YEEEPPPP!

#2928507 - 09/01/12 07:57 AM Re: Shameful [Re: AndyW]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: AndyW
one would think that a candidate for the office of Commander-in-Chief and his running mate could at least take 30 seconds in their acceptance speeches to acknowledge the existence and the ongoing sacrifice of those they seek to command.

AMEN!!!!

Agreed. The troops should've been mentioned.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
75 registered (BuckDropper, Rackseeker, 7mm08, kknights27, Master Chief, Double00, 7 invisible) and 123 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91742 Topics
1072238 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.115 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.