Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#2924719 - 08/29/12 11:44 AM If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward
Knothead
12 Point

Loc: Middle TN

‎90% of Americans drive.
42% of Americans go to movies as often as they can.
43% of Americans attended church last Sunday.
49% of Americans don't pay taxes. (Startling statistic, right there!!!)
37.8% voted in the last presidential election.

What might happen if everyone with a drivers license were to vote this November?!

Get out and vote, people!!!!

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)“The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”

#2924768 - 08/29/12 12:17 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Knothead]
de novo
10 Point

Voting isn't for everyone. If you have no idea who or what you are voting for then society is better served if you do stay at home. Our Founders never intended for universal or general suffrage in their nation.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#2924794 - 08/29/12 12:34 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: de novo]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: Novocaine
Voting isn't for everyone. If you have no idea who or what you are voting for then society is better served if you do stay at home. Our Founders never intended for universal or general suffrage in their nation.

\:\)

Excellent post!
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#2924851 - 08/29/12 01:27 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: TennesseeRains]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains

\:\)

Excellent post!

X2

#2924955 - 08/29/12 02:22 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: de novo]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

Very well said. However, I will add that as an American it is your responsibility to get informed and then go vote.

#2924959 - 08/29/12 02:23 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Tennessee Todd]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Communicates like Rad
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

.....of course unless you are a democrat, then stay home and uninformed on Election day....

\:D

#2925016 - 08/29/12 02:56 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Tennessee Todd]
Knothead
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Tennessee Todd

Very well said. However, I will add that as an American it is your responsibility to get informed and then go vote.

Agreed on both views. My point, however, wasn't to say vote just so you can say you did. My message is that if you don't take the time to get informed, and then do your part as a responsible US citizen, then you have no legitimate right to complain about who wins and who loses.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)“The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”

#2925021 - 08/29/12 02:57 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Knothead]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

If you don't pay taxes, you don't vote.

That's MY idea of responsible citizens deciding on this country's elections.

#2925063 - 08/29/12 03:25 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Crappie Luck]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

That's MY idea of responsible citizens deciding on this country's elections.

And if you receive some sort of government assistance - other than social security - you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#2925073 - 08/29/12 03:28 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Crappie Luck]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

My opinion is not all that popular these days, but I still think the framers of the Constitution had it right when they wanted to limit voting rights to property holders. Not that owning property is the gold standard for who should and should not vote, but the concept that *every* citizen should get an equal vote is not all that great when put into action.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Kyle Coulahan, Mathews_Killer, jrbookingtn, pb10point, TEXAS
13535 Registered Users
Who's Online
51 registered (BrandonG, Aquaholic, bass56, DBLAARCHERY, Tennessee Lead, BamaProud, 8 invisible) and 103 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13535 Members
42 Forums
99158 Topics
1166099 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.13 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.