Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#2924719 - 08/29/12 11:44 AM If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward
Knothead
12 Point

Loc: Middle TN

‎90% of Americans drive.
42% of Americans go to movies as often as they can.
43% of Americans attended church last Sunday.
49% of Americans don't pay taxes. (Startling statistic, right there!!!)
37.8% voted in the last presidential election.

What might happen if everyone with a drivers license were to vote this November?!

Get out and vote, people!!!!

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)“The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”

#2924768 - 08/29/12 12:17 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Knothead]
de novo
10 Point

Voting isn't for everyone. If you have no idea who or what you are voting for then society is better served if you do stay at home. Our Founders never intended for universal or general suffrage in their nation.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#2924794 - 08/29/12 12:34 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: de novo]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: Novocaine
Voting isn't for everyone. If you have no idea who or what you are voting for then society is better served if you do stay at home. Our Founders never intended for universal or general suffrage in their nation.

\:\)

Excellent post!
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#2924851 - 08/29/12 01:27 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: TennesseeRains]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains

\:\)

Excellent post!

X2

#2924955 - 08/29/12 02:22 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: de novo]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Duffer
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

Very well said. However, I will add that as an American it is your responsibility to get informed and then go vote.

#2924959 - 08/29/12 02:23 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Tennessee Todd]
Tennessee Todd Moderator
Duffer
16 Point

Loc: TuTu City, Tn

.....of course unless you are a democrat, then stay home and uninformed on Election day....

\:D

#2925016 - 08/29/12 02:56 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Tennessee Todd]
Knothead
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Tennessee Todd

Very well said. However, I will add that as an American it is your responsibility to get informed and then go vote.

Agreed on both views. My point, however, wasn't to say vote just so you can say you did. My message is that if you don't take the time to get informed, and then do your part as a responsible US citizen, then you have no legitimate right to complain about who wins and who loses.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)“The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”

#2925021 - 08/29/12 02:57 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Knothead]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

If you don't pay taxes, you don't vote.

That's MY idea of responsible citizens deciding on this country's elections.

- Keep it real

#2925063 - 08/29/12 03:25 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Crappie Luck]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

And if you receive some sort of government assistance - other than social security - you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#2925073 - 08/29/12 03:28 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Crappie Luck]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

My opinion is not all that popular these days, but I still think the framers of the Constitution had it right when they wanted to limit voting rights to property holders. Not that owning property is the gold standard for who should and should not vote, but the concept that *every* citizen should get an equal vote is not all that great when put into action.

#2925095 - 08/29/12 03:54 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: -DRM-]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: -DRM-

My opinion is not all that popular these days, but I still think the framers of the Constitution had it right when they wanted to limit voting rights to property holders. Not that owning property is the gold standard for who should and should not vote, but the concept that *every* citizen should get an equal vote is not all that great when put into action.

We see living proof of that all around us every day.

#2925165 - 08/29/12 04:49 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: -DRM-]
Knothead
12 Point

The question is: How do you define property? A house? 100 acres? 1 acre? 1/4 acre? I own the property my house is own, but it's only 1/2 acre. Do I get to vote, or does that not meet the minimum requirement?

#2925183 - 08/29/12 05:07 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Crappie Luck]
Jer
8 Point

Loc: Old Hickory, TN

Yup! do you take better care of your own car or a rental car??

If you do not have any skin in the game you do not care!

#2925295 - 08/29/12 06:15 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Crappie Luck]
huntintn
8 Point

Loc: savannah,TN

everybody that buys a 40 payes taxes, if you've never paid income taxes you dont need to vote.

#2925331 - 08/29/12 06:35 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: huntintn]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: huntintn

everybody that buys a 40 payes taxes, if you've never paid income taxes you dont need to vote.

yes, INCOME taxes. \:\)

- Keep it real

#2925525 - 08/29/12 08:24 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Knothead]
-DRM-
6 Point

Originally Posted By: Knothead

The question is: How do you define property? A house? 100 acres? 1 acre? 1/4 acre? I own the property my house is own, but it's only 1/2 acre. Do I get to vote, or does that not meet the minimum requirement?

Like I said - not sure the whole property ownership criteria is the best one to use, but the point is wide open voting rights ends up getting... well... the mess we have today.

#2925527 - 08/29/12 08:27 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: -DRM-]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Property owners was how the founding fathers designed voting rights

- Keep it real

#2925844 - 08/30/12 06:24 AM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Crappie Luck]
-DRM-
6 Point

The flaws:

How much property?
Real - land - property only, or does owning a unit in a NTY highrise count?

The ACLU argument is that is a "poll tax", in that it requires you to "pay" to be able to vote.

#2925884 - 08/30/12 07:06 AM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: -DRM-]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

I've posted this before. While I agree somewhat on the "property vote" it will never again happen here in the US. Back then slaves were counted as "property". No mater how we word it to mean 100% land it will never pass.

#2925889 - 08/30/12 07:10 AM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: -DRM-]
basset
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

>> the concept that *every* citizen should get an equal vote is not all that great when put into action.

That must be a pretty widely held opinion on the right, otherwise the Republicans wouldn't be making such an effort to disenfranchise voters who might not agree with them.

#2925894 - 08/30/12 07:13 AM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: basset]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: basset
>> the concept that *every* citizen should get an equal vote is not all that great when put into action.

That must be a pretty widely held opinion on the right, otherwise the Republicans wouldn't be making such an effort to disenfranchise voters who might not agree with them.

Like insisting a person have a photo ID and is who he/she claims to be. How ludicrous can a party be?
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#2925896 - 08/30/12 07:14 AM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: basset]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Amd just how are they doing that?? By asking that everybody that vots show a photo ID???

TR beat me to it.

But one thing. It shows just how cheap the liberals take votes and voters. They don't ever care who votes as long as they vote liberal.

#2926029 - 08/30/12 08:41 AM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: -DRM-]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

The flaws:

How much property?
Real - land - property only, or does owning a unit in a NTY highrise count?

The ACLU argument is that is a "poll tax", in that it requires you to "pay" to be able to vote.

That's why I think it should be based on income tax instead of property.

If you don't pay income tax or if you receive welfare or food stamps, you don't vote until you return to being a productive member of society.

Those living off the labors of others should not have a voice is deciding how much of other people's labor they are entitled too.

As for the ACLU, I don't give a rat's *** \:D

- Keep it real

#2926048 - 08/30/12 08:53 AM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: -DRM-]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

i wish each voter had to pass a basic, simple test over the constitution, us history and the declaration of independence before they receive a voters registration card

#2926206 - 08/30/12 10:30 AM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: redblood]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Getting back to the original post, if someone doesn't take the time to vote, don't complain. That's pretty simple. All of this other stuff mentioned will never come in to play, except the massive oppression (bs) of expecting someone to provide an ID. If the democrats can pound their chests about how many people they pick up and take home for their vote, they are surely smart enough to figure out how to get these same people to a government office for an ID. Cheating the system is so...cheezy.
#2926240 - 08/30/12 10:51 AM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: basset]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Do you mean like Democrats suing in Ohio to block the military vote?

#2926296 - 08/30/12 11:32 AM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: AndyW]
Knothead
12 Point

The IRONY can be summed up like this:
To vote, you must first disclose some form of photo ID to convey that you are who you say you are; a registered voter, a US citizen. Yet, to be president of the US, you can seal your records and not have to provide any proof of US citizenship, tax compliance, or birth certificate.

Talk about MESSED UP !!!

#2926484 - 08/30/12 02:03 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Knothead]
de novo
10 Point

The original post makes a good chain email but someone's right to complain (freedom of speech) is not linked to any other right or requirement. What's next if you vote for the winning candidate then you lose the right to complain about anything they do as well?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#2926555 - 08/30/12 02:55 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Hangnail]
Greg .
aPoStROpHe PolIcE
16 Point

Loc: NC Piedmonts

Heck ... we OWN the property and the house it is on ... sort of. No mortgage payments -- free and clear.

But I guaran-*'n-tee you that if we don't pay our property TAXES, it won't be ours any more!!

#2926567 - 08/30/12 03:02 PM Re: If you don't vote, then don't say a word afterward [Re: Greg .]
Greg .
aPoStROpHe PolIcE
16 Point

Loc: NC Piedmonts

As for voter ID ... why is it the the left can BUS people en mass to the polls on election day ... and even provide BRIBES like free beer and cigarettes ... but they claim that they (for some odd reason) can't BUS a SUBSET of those SAME PEOPLE to the DMV for a valid ID??

It makes ya wonder what the REAL issue is ... doesn't it??

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
54 registered (94user, Allen Sullivan, rem270, Mudbone, MUP, Tn_River_Ratt, 3 invisible) and 103 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85054 Topics
1027701 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.221 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.