Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#2923295 - 08/28/12 10:53 AM Re: Grilling chicken breasts [Re: rabbit hunter]
west_tn_hunter
8 Point

Loc: Chester County

One word for moist chicken whether you want to grill it or roast it in the oven.

BRINE . . . BRINE . . . BRINE

Another thing is heat. I always cook my chicken on high heat, even on the grill and I do use gas. My oven temp for boneless chicken pushes 450-460 degrees. After 45 minutes it's done almost every time. When grilling I typically have to rotate and flip my chicken more often using the higher heat, (I mean high heat, not high flames, make sure you've got a good flame grate on your grill or they will burn). Watch for flame ups on charcoal grills as well.

I always, always do a brine for my boneless chicken breasts and they end up very moist and packed with flavor. If I don't have the time to do a brine then I wait and cook them another day.

-My Brine Recipe-
My recipe is used for a large pack of boneless chicken breasts, usually 8-10 decent size pieces. So you may adjust according to how many pieces you intend on putting in the brine. Get yourself a large container. A 2-3 gallon size is about what I use. Fill it about a fourth of the way with very warm water (this aids in the blending of spices). For a short brine 3-4 hrs I typically use about 3/4 cup of Kosher cooking salt, for an 8 hour brine I would probably only use a 1/2 cup of Kosher cooking salt. Just pour it in and use a whisk to really get it blended and dissolved. I always ad about a TBSP of olive oil at this time as well as a splash of Soy Sauce and mix them well.

At this point the rest of the recipe is really up to you. Whatever spices you normally use on your chicken you can put some in the brine as well. This will allow them to really become infused into the meat rather than just a coating on the outside. Just remember to whisk them in well to get them dissolved as best you can. Before adding your meat BE SURE you add a generous amount of ICE to the mixture to cool it down, also BE SURE to fill the container the rest of the way with cold water. Put your chicken in then over and promptly place in the fridge.

When the times up I wash the chicken well, dry it off and then coat with dry spices (NOT SALT). Cook and enjoy!

*Just remember that longer brine times can cause the meat to become salty. So if you intend on doing an all day brine only use about a 1/2 cup of the Kosher salt.
*After your brine time is up be sure to wash the chicken REALLY well. This will help flush away excess exterior salt. Don't sprinkle salt while cooking the meat, you may wish to use a little finishing salt once plated however.

#2923743 - 08/28/12 04:58 PM Re: Grilling chicken breasts [Re: west_tn_hunter]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

Let me tell ya.inject them with a marinade u like & grill the heck out of them.the xtra moisture will let them reach a safe temp without drying them out.if u dont like a flavor you better keep aclose eye on them because done & over done isnt much time

#2923744 - 08/28/12 05:00 PM Re: Grilling chicken breasts [Re: mike243]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: mike243
Let me tell ya.inject them with a marinade u like & grill the heck out of them.the xtra moisture will let them reach a safe temp without drying them out.if u dont like a flavor you better keep aclose eye on them because done & over done isnt much time

Stabbing holes in the meat allows an equal amount of moisture to run out.

Just say no to injecting meat ;\)

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#2923816 - 08/28/12 05:58 PM Re: Grilling chicken breasts [Re: Poser]
mike243
16 Point

Loc: east tn

Most of your store bought chicken has been injected before you bought it.your just putting more in with a flavor you enjoy

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Bobby G, RUGER, Unicam, gtk, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
71 registered (RUGER77MAN, ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER, arkwaterfowler, Vermin93, huntintn, Buckykm1, 8 invisible) and 137 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85342 Topics
1031232 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.236 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.