Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#2923679 - 08/28/12 03:59 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: de novo]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Novocaine
 Originally Posted By: BMan

Who said it was a mistake on the part of the Israeli units?

Maybe you need to go back and read your sources again; you are obviously missing a lot.

The reason I won't educate you, is I refuse to babysit other posters. You said you disagreed with me, but you don't even know why the attack took place.

Good day.

Where did you find the word mistake in my posts? The "accidental" attack is Israel's story.

Quotes from Adm. Thomas H. Moorer, who was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) at the time of the Liberty incident, and Paul C. Warnke, then Under Secretary of the Navy, were saying they didn't buy the Israeli oops excuse. Thanks for the prompt though uninformative reply. Good Day as well.

Did I write that you said it was a mistake? Nooooo...

Go back and read my posts on this subject; I never inferred the attack was a case of mistaken identity. In fact, I stated that the attack occurred for political reasons.

Thanks for your reply proving my point - you don't know what it was all about, and based on the posts you've made, you have no interest in finding out. Oh, well.

#2923691 - 08/28/12 04:13 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: Jugfish]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Jugfish
Look at a map of the Persian Gulf region and Israel. Israel cannot attack Iran without our knowledge, consent, approval and cooperation. We control all of the airspace around Iran. The Israelis would have to refuel to make the round trip and we are the only force there that can do that for them. So stop saying that the Israelis will do whatever it takes. They won't because they cannot do it without us. That is just a fact. My son will be there in 3 months as a Surface Warfare Officer on a Destroyer. All of the training they have done for the last several months has been against simulated Iranian threats.

That's what much of this discussion has been about: is the U.S. going to support any Israeli operation or hinder it?

BTW, the Israelis have had aerial refuelling capability for over 30 years and are expanding it. They have the legs to go wherever they need to; ask the Tunisians.

Let's hope your son has a boring cruise!

#2923866 - 08/28/12 06:47 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: Jugfish]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

Look at a map of the Persian Gulf region and Israel. Israel cannot attack Iran without our knowledge, consent, approval and cooperation. We control all of the airspace around Iran. The Israelis would have to refuel to make the round trip and we are the only force there that can do that for them. So stop saying that the Israelis will do whatever it takes. They won't because they cannot do it without us. That is just a fact. My son will be there in 3 months as a Surface Warfare Officer on a Destroyer. All of the training they have done for the last several months has been against simulated Iranian threats.

Jug, I would never underestimate the reach of the Israelis. There is no doubt in my mind that they have people already in Iran. They are willing to help the opposition, we aren't. They may not show up with the show of force we can, but they know the people in the area far better than we do. And they don't tie their own hands the way we do.

Like others have posted, this wouldn't be a days or weeks long air attack. They will be in and out, hitting a high stakes target, before the Iranians can put on their dresses and leave the Iranians worrying about when they're coming back.

And I appreciate your son's service. He'll be in our prayers.

Edited by citico_tim (08/28/12 06:59 PM)

-Thomas Jefferson

#2923893 - 08/28/12 07:17 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: Jugfish]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Tell your son thank you for his service.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  gtk, Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (gtk, rghill, Rebel, jdtf) and 69 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.005 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.