Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#2922432 - 08/27/12 06:05 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: preds1]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

Good question; would the US Pilots fire on Israeli aircraft?

Well, I think they would not.

He would simply not dare to do so before the election. He would lose so much money, so many votes, political suicide.

After the election, he will be a lame duck and probably head for a perpetual golf game in Hawaii. Sulking.

Now, will the US fly jets in support? I wager no.

Will Iran be pounded so hard on so many fronts they are unable to regroup and wage war? What do you think? Would you let up on someone who constantly threatens your right to breathe?

#2922439 - 08/27/12 06:09 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: DaveB]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

October Surprise? But like others have posted, which side does Obama intend on protecting?

The fact that this question can even be legitimately raised is another first for any president.

-Thomas Jefferson

#2922578 - 08/27/12 07:38 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: citico_tim]
Super8
8 Point

Loc: USofA

$5.00 gas coming soon....just as predicted

#2922582 - 08/27/12 07:39 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: BMan]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: BMan
You beat me to it, CL.

You have to ask, what is the mission of the carriers? To stop Iran? Or to stop Israel?

If history is any indication, unfortunately, of all the scenarios our carrier is more likely to be attacked by Israeli forces.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#2922589 - 08/27/12 07:43 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: de novo]
BMan
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Novocaine
You beat me to it, CL.

You have to ask, what is the mission of the carriers? To stop Iran? Or to stop Israel?

If history is any indication, unfortunately, of all the scenarios our carrier is more likely to be attacked by Israeli forces.

The Israelis have acted, and will continue to act, in the best interests of Israel.

I respect them for that.

If you truly understand the entire story about the Liberty attack, you'll know they were indeed acting in their best interests then as well. In that case, political interests over military ones.

#2922624 - 08/27/12 08:04 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: de novo]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

You beat me to it, CL.

And the Iranians have never attacked us? I assume you are referring to the attack on the USS Liberty 45 years ago that is still clouded in confusion.

I seriously doubt Israel, or just about anyone, would attempt to attack a US carrier group today. But given Obama's policy towards Israel, the question is will we attempt to stop them?

I am beginning to think that Israel may very well be planning to attack in October, not because of anything to do with Iran's situation, but because that is when Obama is most vulnerable. What would be the effect on the election if Obama attempted to thwart an Israeli attack on Iran? My guess is America would turn on him and he'd be electoral history. If they wait, they very well might find a reelected Obama with nothing to stop him from ordering our fighters to defend Iran.

-Thomas Jefferson

#2922644 - 08/27/12 08:21 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: citico_tim]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: citico_tim
You beat me to it, CL.

And the Iranians have never attacked us? I assume you are referring to the attack on the USS Liberty 45 years ago that is still clouded in confusion.

I seriously doubt Israel, or just about anyone, would attempt to attack a US carrier group today. But given Obama's policy towards Israel, the question is will we attempt to stop them?

I am beginning to think that Israel may very well be planning to attack in October, not because of anything to do with Iran's situation, but because that is when Obama is most vulnerable. What would be the effect on the election if Obama attempted to thwart an Israeli attack on Iran? My guess is America would turn on him and he'd be electoral history. If they wait, they very well might find a reelected Obama with nothing to stop him from ordering our fighters to defend Iran.

I agree with Tim here.

I highly doubt Israel will attack an American carrier group, as good as Israel is they are not that good.

More than likely it's either the other way around with the carrier group and the other American warships in the area trying to stop Israel. OR Israel has told the US what they are going to do and the US wants to get it's military ready.

I still don't see Israel hitting Iran with planes. They don't have the birds with the legs to reach Iran and back With Iraq they only had to hit one single target and that ended Iraq's nuclear program. With Iran it's spread out and most are underground. If Irsael is going to do anything it will be on the ground.

#2922654 - 08/27/12 08:26 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: Wildcat]
BMan
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
I still don't see Israel hitting Iran with planes. They don't have the birds with the legs to reach Iran and back With Iraq they only had to hit one single target and that ended Iraq's nuclear program. With Iran it's spread out and most are underground. If Irsael is going to do anything it will be on the ground.

Iran may have multiple sites doing refining, but at some point they have to bring everything together in one spot to build warheads.

And that's when the strike will occur.

#2922693 - 08/27/12 08:51 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: BMan]
de novo
10 Point

The Israelis have acted, and will continue to act, in the best interests of Israel.

I respect them for that.

If you truly understand the entire story about the Liberty attack, you'll know they were indeed acting in their best interests then as well. In that case, political interests over military ones.

Please fill me in on the entire story so I can understand and give them "respect" for their actions. After reading the accounts of the attack- "respect" is the last thing on my mind.

http://www.usslibertyveterans.org/

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/ussliberty.html

http://www.gtr5.com/

•The jamming of our radios on both US Navy tactical and international maritime distress frequencies;
•The use of unmarked aircraft by the forces attacking the USS Liberty;
•The deliberate machine gunning of life rafts we had dropped over the side in anticipation of abandoning ship; and
•The recall of two flights of rescue aircraft that had been launched from Sixth Fleet aircraft carriers. After those flights were recalled, Sixth Fleet personnel listened to our calls for help as the attack continued knowing they were forbidden to come to our assistance.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#2922717 - 08/27/12 09:06 PM Re: Carrier Strike Group Rushes To Persian Gulf [Re: BMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Iran may have multiple sites doing refining, but at some point they have to bring everything together in one spot to build warheads.

And that's when the strike will occur.

That will only delay a couple bombs being build for a few weeks at most. If Israel is serious of stoping Iran they HAVE to shut it down across tha board. Iran spread all it out for a reason.

Had Japan hit Tinian while the parts were put together all they would have done is delayed the bombing by a few months.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
117 registered (FLTENNHUNTER1, Gravey, Yotekiller011, medic2fpc, mimitk, Tims, 16 invisible) and 211 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
93986 Topics
1097928 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.106 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.