Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#2902009 - 08/09/12 06:40 PM Re: Blind Buying [Re: Donk]
bigquacks
4 Point

Loc: bristol tn

my solution is that when you put in for the draw you list everyone that will hunt the blind. You 'reserve' a spot in the draw by putting in your credit card info and be assigned a number. If your number is drawn your card is then charged a fee. If you are not on the list when drawn you don't hunt, and you can only be in 1 group. If you are caught in a blind you were not drawn for you get fined and all people listed for the blind lose their privileges and all involved are not allowed to be involved in the next several years hunt.
#2902035 - 08/09/12 07:17 PM Re: Blind Buying [Re: bigquacks]
ruger7mag
6 Point

Loc: tn

Originally Posted By: bigquacks
my solution is that when you put in for the draw you list everyone that will hunt the blind. You 'reserve' a spot in the draw by putting in your credit card info and be assigned a number. If your number is drawn your card is then charged a fee. If you are not on the list when drawn you don't hunt, and you can only be in 1 group. If you are caught in a blind you were not drawn for you get fined and all people listed for the blind lose their privileges and all involved are not allowed to be involved in the next several years hunt.

Seriously? So if a friend ask you to hunt his blind with him, and if you then hunt their blind, you are breaking the law?! What about all the guys that blind hop, I guess they are screwed?

#2903776 - 08/11/12 02:50 PM Re: Blind Buying [Re: scn]
Main Beam
4 Point

Loc: Gibson Co

Prostitutes are approached by law enforcement and when money is exchanged they are arrested, this would work for a while at the drawings! Then the criminal so called sportsman would find a different approach!

#2905143 - 08/13/12 01:08 AM Re: Blind Buying [Re: Main Beam]
NoNtYpiCaL1
6 Point

Loc: McKenzie, TN

I say abolish the 8 man rule. Make it a computer sign up that would allow all your sign on's be submitted as a group and no changes can be made after the cut off date. The computer would then generate the cards that you would pick up the morning of the drawing at your selected draw site, each person would receive their ticket to drop in the barrel but it would be the group number or name assigned to your group of sign on. This would still keep your odds the same as each person would drop a number in the barrel, but once that group number is drawn then none of the other of that group in the barrel would be valid. Put the big sandy, gin creek and harmons creek draw together and the camden on its own. Charge a sign up fee $10-20 to cover the expense of the draw and the rest of the money be spent on the wma it was submitted for. This would allow for TWRA to plan on how many people are gonna attend each draw and the amount of personnel need for that draw site, no on site documentation to fill out other than the blind number put on the card, no decisions on who can sign on (help eliminate buy/sell). Also have the drawing in march-april to allow more time for construction or crop work if need be.
#2905215 - 08/13/12 07:13 AM Re: Blind Buying [Re: NoNtYpiCaL1]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: NoNtYpiCaL1
I say abolish the 8 man rule. Make it a computer sign up that would allow all your sign on's be submitted as a group and no changes can be made after the cut off date. The computer would then generate the cards that you would pick up the morning of the drawing at your selected draw site, each person would receive their ticket to drop in the barrel but it would be the group number or name assigned to your group of sign on. This would still keep your odds the same as each person would drop a number in the barrel, but once that group number is drawn then none of the other of that group in the barrel would be valid. Put the big sandy, gin creek and harmons creek draw together and the camden on its own. Charge a sign up fee $10-20 to cover the expense of the draw and the rest of the money be spent on the wma it was submitted for. This would allow for TWRA to plan on how many people are gonna attend each draw and the amount of personnel need for that draw site, no on site documentation to fill out other than the blind number put on the card, no decisions on who can sign on (help eliminate buy/sell). Also have the drawing in march-april to allow more time for construction or crop work if need be.

Later in the summer or end of April, March-April is during turkey season....

#2905502 - 08/13/12 11:31 AM Re: Blind Buying [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Donk
4 Point

Loc: Tn,USA

There are some good ideas being brought up.Lets keep the ideas coming and give the TWRA some things to think about.
#2906399 - 08/14/12 04:36 AM Re: Blind Buying [Re: Donk]
Waterfowler22
4 Point

Loc: The Duck Blind

They won't ever do anything about it cause they are make to much money off of ppl buyin the license to even draw for a blind.

SHHH....Here comes a pair of singles

#2908343 - 08/15/12 12:36 PM Re: Blind Buying [Re: Waterfowler22]
scn
16 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

Originally Posted By: Waterfowler22
They won't ever do anything about it cause they are make to much money off of ppl buyin the license to even draw for a blind.

100% incorrect.

The licenses sold to the folks trying to "hit the lottery" aren't even in any discussion on the issues.

My hope is there will some changes in procedures before next year. What they might be is currently under discussion within our agency.

Edited by scn (08/15/12 12:39 PM)

#2908897 - 08/15/12 08:17 PM Re: Blind Buying [Re: scn]
ClubHead
6 Point

Loc: Benton Co.Ky Lake,Tn

Just face it guys,really no way to fix it.If you go to daily draws,they would sell for 100 bucks first pick.No matter what you do they will be bought and sold,Card or not.I dont buy or sell,Just heard this for years on these forums and know that money talks.Anybody else out there that thinks otherwise,give me your way to fix and I give a way out for the buyers!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ClubHead (08/15/12 08:22 PM)

#2909444 - 08/16/12 08:47 AM Re: Blind Buying [Re: ClubHead]
Wolfpack Alpha
Button

Loc: TN

My idea would help cut down on the people that are showing up just for the Lottery. It might help cut down on a lot of the buying and selling of the blinds too because only the serious duck hunters would be there. On top of all the licences that you need to duck hunt, they should charge an extra $100.00 to enter the draw with all the proceeds going to that WMA for upkeep. I think you would cut out about 1200 to 1500 people at the Big Sandy drawing alone. This would help insure that the people actually entering in the drawing are serious duck hunters that are wanting a place to hunt. They would be less likely to sell.
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Taylor, CBU93, TurkeyBurd, Bobby G, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (WhitesCreek, MHG, jwest0303, spottedbass, gun nut) and 63 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.