Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#2898858 - 08/07/12 09:26 AM Rage talk! Beware, graphic
Living2Hunt
8 Point

Loc: TN

Ok, most of the people that know me know that i am a rage lover. I have had great success and have never had but one deer go over 50 yards. I have killed 20 deer over the last few years with this broadhead. Alot of does and a few bucks. I killed 4 just last year.

Now with that said, i believe any broadhead will kill a deer. Its all about shot placement! I just have cofidence in a rage broadhead and love the big entry and exit hole. I will post a few pics on some of the deer i shot with it. Nothing big, just some deer. Notice the gut shot on the last pic. The deer went less the 60 yards. Now to the point of my posting. The one thing that scares me with these broadheads is the shoulder shot. I have have not had a experience with it yet, but most bad stories has to do with not busting the shoulder! No penatration bc of it.

Well guys this has all changed! The new Rage Chisel Tip is the answers to all the questions. I have bought and put some to the test. Old vs new and that tip is bone busting! I was shooting pork shoulders, ply wood, and ever tin metal. It out penetrates everytime/ I cant wait to use these this year. Now i know i want have any worries. This only my favorite broadhead even better. Just thought i would share!

#2898947 - 08/07/12 11:20 AM Re: Rage talk! Beware, graphic [Re: Living2Hunt]
Jarred525
8 Point

Loc: Giles Tennessee

Thanks for sharing. I unfortunately have had 1 experience with the shoulder shot with a Rage. Totally a bad shot on my part, and only got about 4 inches of penetration. I feel very confident I did not kill that deer. But it was my fault, bad shot. It's all about shot placement. But I like the idea of Rage giving you a better chance of killing the deer with a bad shot. Bad shots are going to happen if you hunt long enough, no matter how much practice.
#2899164 - 08/07/12 02:55 PM Re: Rage talk! Beware, graphic [Re: Living2Hunt]
Andy S.
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: Atoka, TN

Originally Posted By: HUNTFUN07
I have bought and put some to the test. Old vs new and that tip is bone busting! I was shooting pork shoulders, ply wood, and ever tin metal. It out penetrates everytime/ I cant wait to use these this year.
Did you document the underlined part with pictures? I am not doubting you, just making a point that it would be even more convincing and pretty cool to see if you had pics to share with everyone. If not, maybe next time. Thanks for sharing your experience with the group.

#2899172 - 08/07/12 02:59 PM Re: Rage talk! Beware, graphic [Re: Andy S.]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

What about the little rubber bands?? I'll stick with my Spitfire maxx's..

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#2899214 - 08/07/12 03:41 PM Re: Rage talk! Beware, graphic [Re: Living2Hunt]
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Well guys this has all changed! The new Rage Chisel Tip is the answers to all the questions. I have bought and put some to the test. Old vs new and that tip is bone busting! I was shooting pork shoulders, ply wood, and ever tin metal. It out penetrates everytime/

Great news, if you are hunting plywood or tin, or hogs...but you are hunting thin skinned deer.

ANY sharp braodhead put where you put these heads will "put 'em down" and FAST.

And ANY broadhead shot in a TRUE gut shot area will NOT.

Broadheads kill deer by BLEEDING and SHOCK.

That is IT.

Nothing magic about that.

If you bow hunt long enough, and shoot enough deer, you are going to make a bad shot that NO BROADHEAD will compensate for at all.

Rage are good heads. But they still kill deer by blood loss.

It is good to have confidence in your equipment, nice post!
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

#2899249 - 08/07/12 04:08 PM Re: Rage talk! Beware, graphic [Re: Andy S.]
Living2Hunt
8 Point

No i didnt do any pics or anything. i should have, but there is a u tube video showing it and other broadheads going thru a pork shoulder.
#2899255 - 08/07/12 04:11 PM Re: Rage talk! Beware, graphic [Re: Living2Hunt]
Living2Hunt
8 Point

i never have trouble with the rubber bands. But the new broadhead have a new shock collar. Its nice. Rage hasnt introduced it yet, but the will have new plastic color that will go on any of there broadheads. From what i have seen of it, it will solve that problem.
#2899261 - 08/07/12 04:17 PM Re: Rage talk! Beware, graphic [Re: 102]
Living2Hunt
8 Point

Originally Posted By: 102
Well guys this has all changed! The new Rage Chisel Tip is the answers to all the questions. I have bought and put some to the test. Old vs new and that tip is bone busting! I was shooting pork shoulders, ply wood, and ever tin metal. It out penetrates everytime/

Great news, if you are hunting plywood or tin, or hogs...but you are hunting thin skinned deer.

That is IT.

If you bow hunt long enough, and shoot enough deer, you are going to make a bad shot that NO BROADHEAD will compensate for at all.

Your right, as i stated; its all about shot placement. Rage doesnt kill deer any more dead then other broadheads. But it does cut bigger holes which can give you better blod trails to follow. Notice i said "it can". And that gut shot that killed that deer, it was lucky to see it fall in sight. I do feel the big cut help with hitting a good artery. Small area there. But i could of got lucky with any broadhead. I experience last year for the first time in my life a lost deer while bow hunting. So it does happen, but in my case; it was bad shot placement.

#2899270 - 08/07/12 04:27 PM Re: Rage talk! Beware, graphic [Re: 102]
bigtex
8 Point

Loc: Brush Creek

Originally Posted By: 102

That is IT.

Yep, pretty much sums it up.
You gotta hit em in the right spot to kill quickly.
I personally use Spitfires and Have not had any problems out of them. I like the fact that you don't have to worry about rubberbands.
I also shot Muzzys for many years, and killed many deer with them. I once shot a small buck with them, I made a bad shot and hit him right in the shoulder. Even with the Muzzy and shooting 70 lbs the broadhead only looked to penetrate a couple of inches. I tracked that deer all day with a sparce blood trail and never found him. I saw him a month or so later on opening morning of the M/L season, he had a slight limp but otherwise looked to be doing fine.........untill I dropped him in his tracks with another shoulder shot with a 250 gr Hornady SST.
Just goes to show you, no matter the broadhead, for a quick kill shoot em through the boiler room.

#2899324 - 08/07/12 05:27 PM Re: Rage talk! Beware, graphic [Re: bigtex]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

i would shoot a muzzy and smoke the pork shoulder over applewood and mesquite with a brown sugar based dry rub

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway
13288 Registered Users
Who's Online
43 registered (Estimator, TX300mag, ghostfive, Coach B, stik, BIGORANGE, 3 invisible) and 97 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13288 Members
42 Forums
85369 Topics
1031552 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.269 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.