Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#2881795 - 07/21/12 12:30 PM Electronic call???
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

What are some recommendations for an electronic call? I want a good one without costing me the farm.
#2881804 - 07/21/12 12:41 PM Re: Electronic call??? [Re: REM7]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

What is your budget?

Is paying a little more for a good caller and great customer service/warranty work vs. buying a cheaper caller to save money appealing?

If so, I would suggest buying a FOXPRO caller.... you can go to their website and look at the different models.

July 1st, they released their new models and repriced their current models to make them more budget friendly for a high quality caller. There are also new decoys as add-ons for use with callers. I believe their starting prices are $199 now.

If you order from allpredatorcalls.com, you can pick the sounds you want loaded onto the caller....

Customer service is second to none..... if you want to check out what more customers say.... sign up on PredatorMastersforums.com and do some reading...

I am not affiliated with them in any way.... just in the know.

#2881830 - 07/21/12 01:30 PM Re: Electronic call??? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

i have them all but rarely use them as i prefer open reed mouth calls. one of customers who works in the hunt industry sent me this to try out. it is a flextone. it works fine, but still prefer mouth calls

#2881834 - 07/21/12 01:37 PM Re: Electronic call??? [Re: redblood]
Nhill
8 Point

Loc: Maryville, TN

Straying of subject a bit, but do you think you are more liable to get busted using mouth or hand calls vs an electronic caller? Or do you just consider that aspect part of the hunt and more challenging?
I do think that the coyotes do become educated to the e-callers quickly though.

#2881938 - 07/21/12 04:43 PM Re: Electronic call??? [Re: Nhill]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

I have hand calls.... open and closed reed. Mine take alot of continuous air to blow.... it starts to wear on you after a while. Using mouth calls, you turn to change the direction your "throwing" the sounds.... That movement to me can be costly. I prefer an e-caller and hand calls for back-up.

An e-caller can be controlled by remote and is put out away from you.... which takes the "source" of the sound away from the hunters location.... another bonus. With todays callers, multiple sounds can be played with the touch of a button... minimal movement. And the newer FOXPRO callers have the FoxBang option or come standard with it. It will automatically change to a pre-selected sound upon the "bang" from the hunting weapon. This may increase your odds of a double and the second coyote may slow up or stop to take another look.... allowing you a shot.

#2882742 - 07/22/12 05:38 PM Re: Electronic call??? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

Thanks for all info. I looked and liked the Foxpro systems.
#2895804 - 08/04/12 01:21 AM Re: Electronic call??? [Re: REM7]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Loc: watertown ,TN

I have had 3 foxpros (fx3,fury,cs24) , the primos alpha dog and the flextone echo . I prefer and have had much better luck with a quality hand call. I know th e calls work and are fantastic but they are far from a secret weapon. My secret weapons are open reed and usually have yotehunter written on them. Lol . I want to fall in love with an e call and have great success with one but it just happens more with a hand call
#2896511 - 08/04/12 10:31 PM Re: Electronic call??? [Re: TITANSFAN2104]
Plateau Hunter
8 Point

Loc: Cannon County, TN

In my hands they are better in theory than in practice. I have had more coyotes and bobcats come in to my hand calling than my old entry level Foxpro. And i certainly am not the worlds greatest caller. But I reckon a dying critter doesnt have to sound a particular way. The e call is just another tool in your kit. PH

#2911398 - 08/17/12 03:49 PM Re: Electronic call??? [Re: Plateau Hunter]
varminthunter123
6 Point

Loc: Somerville, TN

Primos Alpha Dogg

Great sound, loud volume and lots of extra recording you can purchase.

A lot cheaper than a Foxpro for sure.

#2945601 - 09/16/12 09:45 PM Re: Electronic call??? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Monty
6 Point

Loc: Bedford Co.

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
What is your budget?

Is paying a little more for a good caller and great customer service/warranty work vs. buying a cheaper caller to save money appealing?

If so, I would suggest buying a FOXPRO caller.... you can go to their website and look at the different models.

July 1st, they released their new models and repriced their current models to make them more budget friendly for a high quality caller. There are also new decoys as add-ons for use with callers. I believe their starting prices are $199 now.

If you order from allpredatorcalls.com, you can pick the sounds you want loaded onto the caller....

Customer service is second to none..... if you want to check out what more customers say.... sign up on PredatorMastersforums.com and do some reading...

I am not affiliated with them in any way.... just in the know.

+1 Great folks. I ordered a Foxpro from them several years ago, and he spent 20 minutes explaining which calls would work best around here. Really top-notch customer support on other calls, too.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Bobby G, Unicam, RUGER, Taylor, TeamTndeer, Tennessee Todd, CBU93, gtk, stretch, Cuttin Caller, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
13 registered (F250, Daniel n, Zulu, Prowler, PillsburyDoughboy, Brandon Todd, 1 invisible) and 39 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92902 Topics
1085470 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.107 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.