Page 3 of 14 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#2882991 - 07/22/12 09:34 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BowGirl]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Originally Posted By: BowGirl
 Originally Posted By: 7mm08

KILL 'em ALL in a trout stream is still my motto.

As an avid trout lover myself im embarrassed by your comments, fisherman are supposed to be sportsman. Killing stripe because of your trout agenda isn't what fishing is about. You wouldnt like it if i came down your trout river and killed every trout i caught. That's not right and selfish to think that way. Your giving trout fisherman like me a bad name and i dont appreciate it.

I fished around a bunch of bait slingers on a trout stream yesterday and today who killed every fish they caught, and boasted about it as they did it. Saying if the limit was 100 they would kill 100.

The bait slinging trout crowd as a majority is probably the biggest group of game hogs I have ever been around.

In other words, you might be offended by 7mm's comments but rest assured he along with me and tons of others have witnessed the "sportsman" trout fisherman for decades. The word sportsman and most conventional trout fisherman shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

#2882992 - 07/22/12 09:35 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: Wes Parrish]
BowGirl
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
IMO, Good points by both BowGirl and 7mm08.

BowGirl, would you feel differently if we were talking about Asian Carp invading our trout streams instead of Rockfish?

The way it is now yes i would, but if my fellow fisherman were getting enjoyment from catching asian carp, there where some avid asian carp fisherman around, then i would want them to be happy. Its not always about just me and what i want. Its important that we share and stick together as best we can.

#2883001 - 07/22/12 09:44 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: Setterman]
BowGirl
6 Point

Originally Posted By: Setterman

As an avid trout lover myself im embarrassed by your comments, fisherman are supposed to be sportsman. Killing stripe because of your trout agenda isn't what fishing is about. You wouldnt like it if i came down your trout river and killed every trout i caught. That's not right and selfish to think that way. Your giving trout fisherman like me a bad name and i dont appreciate it.

I fished around a bunch of bait slingers on a trout stream yesterday and today who killed every fish they caught, and boasted about it as they did it. Saying if the limit was 100 they would kill 100.

The bait slinging trout crowd as a majority is probably the biggest group of game hogs I have ever been around.

In other words, you might be offended by 7mm's comments but rest assured he along with me and tons of others have witnessed the "sportsman" trout fisherman for decades. The word sportsman and most conventional trout fisherman shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.
I havent witnessed that so forgive me if i dont understand. You guys may well have very good points.

#2883005 - 07/22/12 09:50 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BowGirl]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Asian carp are going to be the scourge of freshwater rivers and lakes in this state before it's all said and done. They've been below Kentucky and Barkley dams for a while and I think I've read that they're below Pickwick now. They're gonna change a lot of things.
#2883006 - 07/22/12 09:50 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: Wes Parrish]
shorefisherman
6 Point

Loc: West SSiiide Putnam Co.

BowGirl, would you feel differently if we were talking about Asian Carp invading our trout streams instead of Rockfish?

what the heck...you comparing rockfish with asian carp???? please....

as with your trout streams, if you want a true trout experience go to the smokies where thers native trout, now if a 40 pound rock fish swam up to your native tout streams..then thers a problem....meanwhile tailwater is a man made enviroment, it is what it is...snap out of your fantasy land

#2883011 - 07/22/12 09:54 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: shorefisherman]
BowGirl
6 Point

Originally Posted By: shorefisherman

what the heck...you comparing rockfish with asian carp???? please....

as with your trout streams, if you want a true trout experience go to the smokies where thers native trout, now if a 40 pound rock fish swam up to your native tout streams..then thers a problem....meanwhile tailwater is a man made enviroment, it is what it is...snap out of your fantasy land

Now i have to take up for Wes here. Ive learned more from him than just about anyone on here. Read his posts, he knows what he's talking about...most of the time. \:D

#2883016 - 07/22/12 09:58 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BowGirl]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Originally Posted By: Setterman

I havent witnessed that so forgive me if i dont understand. You guys may well have very good points.

The majority, not all of course, but most of the bait fisherman on these trout streams are out for one purpose and one purpose only, that is to fill a stringer. There is no sport in their desires, and if they could dip them out of a tub they would. Having seen this group huddled around the boat ramp 5 minutes after the stocking truck leaves and whooping like savages with every fresh stocker that hits the stringer turns any sportsmans stomach.

Combine that with watching folks literally walk through the parking lot with a stringer of fish dragging on the pavement, really makes it a stretch to consider them even close to being sportsmen.

#2883107 - 07/23/12 03:22 AM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: Setterman]
Josiah
4 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN

Not sure where you are talking about, but in many of the areas stocked, especially warm water streams, the TWRA ENCOURAGES catching and keeping your limit. These fish will die when the water temperature rises. Even in some cold water streams like the Caney Fork, the rainbows are stocked for harvest. I do have a problem with people who poach, but I have no problem if you are catching and eating your limit of stocker rainbows.
#2883109 - 07/23/12 03:44 AM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: Josiah]
SilverFox
10 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

If you're a trout fisherman on the Clinch you need to take every rock out you can. It takes a lot of fish to feed one 40 pound rockfish, much more to feed the numbers that are there.

Look at the shad numbers on Norris and Cherokee compared to Douglas. There's no comparison... And I believe it's due to the rockfish. Guides on Norris and Cherokee are now going to Douglas to catch baitfish where there are no rockfish.

#2883167 - 07/23/12 06:56 AM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: SilverFox]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

Setterman, so long they are not keeping over their limit, who cares. Complain to the TWRA, not about the "bait fishermen" (who are more than sporstmen than you are from your comments) who are legally fishing. Especially the stocker trout, from what I understand that is one of the main purposes of stocked trout.

Page 3 of 14 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30, fallshollow270
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
37 registered (dogman, levermann, double browtine, Tnscooter63, diamond hunter, rem270, 5 invisible) and 86 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88868 Topics
1039551 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 1.281 seconds in which 1.053 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.