Tndeer Logo

Page 13 of 14 « First<1011121314>
Topic Options
#2891707 - 07/31/12 02:42 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BDavis]
BDavis
Button

Loc: Knoxville

you just come across as an old hag, pretty funny if you think about it.
#2891713 - 07/31/12 02:46 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BDavis]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Yeah there's one thing I was wondering about... most of the trout are no more native than the stripers are they? Isn't the brook trout the only native species to Tennessee? Why are the trout so important anyway... they are nice fish but I like to fish for something that could potentially be 40 pounds and makes me fear that my reel is going to be spooled. I'm not talking down the trout fishermen, just the trout snobs. Setter I know you fish for other species and are not a trout snob but why are you starting such mean arguments? When you said you were opinionated I think that should be rephrased to "extremely opinionated with a tendency to start fights over opinions".

#2891715 - 07/31/12 02:47 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BDavis]
BDavis
Button

I fish alot of waters around east TN and have never heard of the great Setterman.
#2891743 - 07/31/12 03:08 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: catman529]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Originally Posted By: catman529
Yeah there's one thing I was wondering about... most of the trout are no more native than the stripers are they? Isn't the brook trout the only native species to Tennessee? Why are the trout so important anyway... they are nice fish but I like to fish for something that could potentially be 40 pounds and makes me fear that my reel is going to be spooled. I'm not talking down the trout fishermen, just the trout snobs. Setter I know you fish for other species and are not a trout snob but why are you starting such mean arguments? When you said you were opinionated I think that should be rephrased to "extremely opinionated with a tendency to start fights over opinions".

As I have said before and now again, I really like Stripers and stated just a few weeks ago that I felt they were the strongest fish in a thread you started. I do not appreciate their presence in a few locales, and their numbers are manageable enough to be knocked back with a little pressure.

I am certainly no trout snob, I do fish for trout, but also spend a ton of time chasing river smallmouth, carp, crappie, and anything else that is around. In a perfect world, I wish the tailwater below Norris was warm or the way it was before the dam was built and was a great smallmout river like the headwaters.

I have strong opinions, and will back them up with a stubborness that a mule would envy.

#2891756 - 07/31/12 03:19 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: Setterman]
BDavis
Button

your opinions don't outweigh the law and if you kill more than your creel limit you are a poacher, and why am I arguing with a poacher?
#2891769 - 07/31/12 03:28 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: Setterman]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: Setterman
 Originally Posted By: catman529

As I have said before and now again, I really like Stripers and stated just a few weeks ago that I felt they were the strongest fish in a thread you started. I do not appreciate their presence in a few locales, and their numbers are manageable enough to be knocked back with a little pressure.

I am certainly no trout snob, I do fish for trout, but also spend a ton of time chasing river smallmouth, carp, crappie, and anything else that is around. In a perfect world, I wish the tailwater below Norris was warm or the way it was before the dam was built and was a great smallmout river like the headwaters.

I have strong opinions, and will back them up with a stubborness that a mule would envy.
If you are ever fishing around middle TN give me a holler.... particularly creek fishing for smallmouth or carp, or river fishing for rockfish, or catfishing. I bet fishing with you would be better than bickering on a forum.

#2891776 - 07/31/12 03:36 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BDavis]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

Originally Posted By: BDavis
I honestly don't think you are doing much of anything besides trying to piss off people. I think you're just an old bitter has been that gets off by pissing people off. I have talked to people like yourself and they always are terrible fishermen, always looking for attention any way they can get it. Keep hiding behind that keyboard, thats all you got. I'm going fishing.

Billy Davis

I wouldn't bet against Setterman in a fishing contest.

#2891784 - 07/31/12 03:44 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: S.vitreum]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

Originally Posted By: S.vitreum
 Originally Posted By: 7mm08
I personally fish a private section of river on the Clinch

I grew up fishing the Clinch long before there ever was a Weir Dam. However, I never knew there was a private section of river. I used to walk down the railroad tracks long before daylight and be dragging a limit of big trout away- below offutt shoals just above the strawberry farm- as the flyfisherman arrived. I just smiled when I was told in 1984 that I was in THEIR water and those fish should have been released. However, they were smarter than me- they parked by the river and I had a mile walk down and a mile walk back up the rr tracks carrying waders, rod, and about 7-10 # of trout \:\) . Nowdays, trout bore me. I guess a thousand limits over time will do that. I only go up there now to walleye fish. However, if my neighbors want a mess of trout, we'll keep them whatever is legal.

You fellows crack me up.

You are correct, there is no private section of water on the Clinch. I meant there is no public access on this section other than by boat.

Keep all the legal fish you want. I personally don't care how you fish. That's what makes me killing a legal striper THAT IS IN A TROUT STREAM a moot point. It's your right to kill what is legal as well as mine.

Good fishing.

Edited by 7mm08 (07/31/12 03:51 PM)

#2891791 - 07/31/12 03:53 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BDavis]
AllOutdoors
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: BDavis
your opinions don't outweigh the law and if you kill more than your creel limit you are a poacher, and why am I arguing with a poacher?

Why suggest someone is a poacher? I haven't read where Setterman has suggested anything over a limit of rockfish. Maybe I missed it.

#2891802 - 07/31/12 04:00 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: AllOutdoors]
AllOutdoors
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Sunday evening I fished the Duck and Buffalo river. In a very narrow area on Buffalo I hooked 3 smallies. 1 was killed by rockfish. 1 was knocked off my hook. I managed to land one with a slew of rockfish in chase.

Page 13 of 14 « First<1011121314>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bmobrady3, bmo3, chrislee, Patriot123, DT33
13565 Registered Users
Who's Online
9 registered (Aquaholic, Daniel n, alwaysoutdoors, KubotaM4900, JThuntsalot, Dirt nap, 1 invisible) and 72 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13565 Members
43 Forums
99539 Topics
1171066 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.