Tndeer Logo

Page 12 of 14 « First<1011121314>
Topic Options
#2890992 - 07/30/12 09:40 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BDavis]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Originally Posted By: BDavis
I find this misinformation so amusing, that I had to sign up for this forum. I didn't read every post but I will chime in on a few items.

There are huge stripers on the Holston below Cherokee, go see for yourself.

Stripers and smallmouth can exist together, see Norris, Cherokee, French Broand, Melton Hill and Holston Rivers, Watts Bar, etc.

Stripers aren't stocked at the steamplant. Dumb statment. They are brood fish released at the hatchery by TWRA and they plan on putting more in every year.

Below 61 bridge the slot limit for stripers is 32-42 inches and only one can be harvested over 42.

No matter how many you kill, they are going to be put back into the system. I support TWRA and will call for more fish to be put in if guys like yourself keep bragging about killing them.

I think if behavior like this continues there needs to be more regulations to protect the stripers. They are a game fish whether you like it or not with a huge following and alot of guys enjoy fishing for them.

I'd hate to see you get a big fine and a write up in the paper over killing fish, but if I see that activity with 200 yards of my boat I have a really expensive camera that takes sharp photos and videos and will report it in a hearbeat.

I think you should just fish alittle harder instead of spending so much time on the computer getting all worked up over trout.

Want to talk about misinformation?

How about having a little knowledge before weighing in?

According to TWRA and the very easy to find Melton Hill info page you will notice upon reading that there is no intentional stocking done on Melton Hill, period. You can also look at past data which shows ZERO stockings other than musky in that reservoir.
http://www.tnfish.org/ReservoirLakeInformation_TWRA/TWRA_MeltonHillReservoirInformation.htm

Stripers which live where there are good populations of shad IMO are not an issue to other game fish. Sure they eat a few, but probably not enough to have much impact on the fishery. I have been pretty clear that I do like stripers as a species, and think they are fine in most places, however in a handful their numbers need to be kept in check. One of those IMO is the Clinch below Norris. And without consistent stockings they can be beat back to a point where their impact is minimal.

Save your BS empty threats as well, you have no clue who you aim those at, and have no idea where or who I am spending time with on the river. I am glad you have a great camera, so do I and it is filled with images of dead stripers from the past few weeks, most which exceed 42" I am guessing.

#2891137 - 07/31/12 05:49 AM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: Setterman]
BDavis
Button

Loc: Knoxville

I would like to see all those pics because I think you are full of it. Go ask Mike Smith, the hatchery manager at Eagle Bend and he will tell you they put those fish in the river. They stock them on purpose. You opinion really shouldnt matter and if you are killing more than your limit, I will forward that information on to TWRA. Lets see those pics. I bet you don't have any. I doubt you catch much of anything, thats why you are bitter.
#2891367 - 07/31/12 10:17 AM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BDavis]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Funny

You wont know,if you dont go!

#2891642 - 07/31/12 01:49 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BDavis]
Setterman
8 Point

I would like to see all those pics because I think you are full of it. Go ask Mike Smith, the hatchery manager at Eagle Bend and he will tell you they put those fish in the river. They stock them on purpose. You opinion really shouldnt matter and if you are killing more than your limit, I will forward that information on to TWRA. Lets see those pics. I bet you don't have any. I doubt you catch much of anything, thats why you are bitter.

I know Mike, always call him Stump as do most, and know exactly how many or few fish have ended up in the river from Eagle Bend. The number isn't enough to sustain a fishery that is losing more daily due to harvest than are going in annually, that is the bottom line.

I will make this easy for you, please feel free to send scn (tndeer username) a private message, and tell him that I poaching. I am sure he will find humor in it, and provide him a much needed chuckle during his workday. He is fairly familiar with TWRA regs and might have some interest in poaching cases

Anything else to provide? BTW, there are plenty of pics on here that I have posted over the years. I will happily post some more when I get back in front of a computer, to demonstrate how deadly serious I am.

#2891680 - 07/31/12 02:20 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: Setterman]
BDavis
Button

I honestly don't think you are doing much of anything besides trying to piss off people. I think you're just an old bitter has been that gets off by pissing people off. I have talked to people like yourself and they always are terrible fishermen, always looking for attention any way they can get it. Keep hiding behind that keyboard, thats all you got. I'm going fishing.

Billy Davis

#2891684 - 07/31/12 02:24 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BDavis]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

By the way, welcome to the site B Davis. \:D Setterman is pretty knowledgeable and I'm sure he's a good fisherman, and he's definitely a very good turkey hunter, but he has an extreme tendency to start fights with people on the forum, so just get used to it.

...since last deer season

#2891688 - 07/31/12 02:28 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: catman529]
BDavis
Button

he just sounds like a jealous bitter old man to me.
#2891694 - 07/31/12 02:34 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BDavis]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

He's not an old man, but desperately needs a lesson on not being a smartarse!
#2891702 - 07/31/12 02:40 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: BDavis]
Setterman
8 Point

I honestly don't think you are doing much of anything besides trying to piss off people. I think you're just an old bitter has been that gets off by pissing people off. I have talked to people like yourself and they always are terrible fishermen, always looking for attention any way they can get it. Keep hiding behind that keyboard, thats all you got. I'm going fishing.

Billy Davis

Haha!!!

I didn't know 37 was old, guess I learn something new every day.

If I was trying to piss you off I would be much more direct and personal in my responses. Seems I called your bluff when you claimed I was posting misinformation and you got your feelings hurt. That's your fault for bringing a knife to a gun fight.

The folks on here who know me personally, would laugh at you assuming I am a terrible fisherman. In fact, I can't think of anything further from reality. I am sure there are many who are better, but let's just say I know my way around a river as well as any. Send 7mm08 a private message and ask his opinion.

Hiding behind a keyboard, that is another classic. You can find me on the river about 3 days a week. I drive a Black F250 King Ranch Crew Cab and am well known by most that fish the Clinch or any of the rivers in East TN. Most would say I am a pretty amiable chap, and easy to get along with, however opinionated on a handful of topics. One of which is Stripers in certain fisheries, and how they should be dealt with.

Enjoy, and wishing you luck in your pursuit of me and my supposed poaching activities.

#2891703 - 07/31/12 02:40 PM Re: Rockfish.... Good or Bad [Re: Winchester]
BDavis
Button

Just begging for attention huh, sounds like he lost his balls or his pride to a striper oneday while out on the Clinch. I enjoy chasing stripers on the Clinch and I hate hearing this trout Nazi bragging about poaching. I get enough of that from the guys that want to kill all of the muskies on Melton Hill. We have trophy fisheries here whether some guys like it or not. Rainbow trout are not native to the Clinch, why should they take precedent over stripers?
Page 12 of 14 « First<1011121314>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
26 registered (longtine, BamaProud, bassinbrian, Good time Charlie, SAWDUST, TNTomtaker01, 2 invisible) and 58 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91720 Topics
1071957 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.097 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.