Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 9 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#2854264 - 06/19/12 02:00 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: oldmanelrod]
AlabamaSwamper
12 Point

Loc: Southern Wayne CO and NW Alaba...

Hire more wardens!!!!!!!!!!

Those folks are spread to thin

http://twitter.com/AlabamaSwamper

#2854276 - 06/19/12 02:11 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: AlabamaSwamper]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

I'll second that.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#2854285 - 06/19/12 02:26 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: BSK]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

I bought a bow and I'm learning to shoot it so that I can hunt more. I gun hunt, but I am also really looking forward to enjoying a period of the season where there will be no gun hunters in the woods. I can leave the orange at home and know that the woods will be quieter and less crowded than in November and December. Now that I've got a bow and I'm getting pretty good at shooting it, there is no way that I want one season with any weapon. Yep, I'm officially a selfish, greedy bow hunter now and I can't wait to start my season in September instead of November. \:\)

Edited by Vermin93 (06/19/12 02:27 PM)

#2854294 - 06/19/12 02:42 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: BSK]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

Originally Posted By: BSK

I'll second that.

Just curious, but if TWRA does away with the additional revenue that archery and muzzleloader licenses bring in, how do you propose that they fund additional game wardens. Even though we can still hunt with archery equipment and muzzleloaders, those license sales will pretty much disappear.

#2854315 - 06/19/12 03:12 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: Setterman]
whistlinwingman
8 Point

Loc: Morristown

Originally Posted By: Setterman
Educate the hunters in this state. I have hunted all over the SE and the majority of deer hunters I have interacted with here in East TN are very new to the sport or have never learned anything about how to hunt deer. Sure plenty get killed by these hunters each year, but there is a difference in my opinion in hunting and shooting.

Some of the other states have really done a good job of educating hunters on all facets of deer hunting whether it be habitat management, herd management, or simple hunting strategies. If TN has done this then it is news to me, and wouldn't be the first time I overlooked something.

I have not personally hunted all over the southeast, but have in Tennessee, Ohio, Alabama, and Georgia. The results are the same in all places it appears to me. Many hunters have no clue habitat managment, herd's, or even basic hunting stratetgies. You cannot educate those who do not want to be educated.

#2854316 - 06/19/12 03:13 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: whistlinwingman]
whistlinwingman
8 Point

Loc: Morristown

I would not want to see weapon's segments dismissed. But I would not have a problem with them rotating them around periodically.

#2854332 - 06/19/12 03:38 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: whistlinwingman]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

I would agree with having more wardens and wildlife people in total. You could fund it with some of the states money it is throwing at the health issues for people.
How to justify is if we promote more outdoors stuff we can get some more of the kids off the couch and wi and in the fields and exercising. Maybe even some of the kids would join NRA not the local gang and we could have some of the men in the state be MEN not grow boys \:\) Just a idea

#2854354 - 06/19/12 04:29 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: waynesworld]
Mr.Bro
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tn.

How bout putting a little money into hunter education.
The last time i helped in a class,3-4 years ago,the material,videos,were at least 30 years old.

#2854379 - 06/19/12 05:13 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: Buzzard Breath]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: buzz mcmanus

I'll second that.

Just curious, but if TWRA does away with the additional revenue that archery and muzzleloader licenses bring in, how do you propose that they fund additional game wardens. Even though we can still hunt with archery equipment and muzzleloaders, those license sales will pretty much disappear.

Offset the loss of revenue from archery and MZ license sales by increasing the cost of a single "deer season" license.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#2854427 - 06/19/12 06:29 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: BSK]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

Originally Posted By: buzz mcmanus

I'll second that.

Offset the loss of revenue from archery and MZ license sales by increasing the cost of a single "deer season" license.

That sounds good to me. TWRA can lower the license fees for the more dedicated hunters, the ones who buy multiple licenses and sportsmen licenses, and they can start making the less dedicated hunters bear more of the burden through higher license fees. You know, the guys that just buy a license to hunt a couple weekends a year with a rifle.

Page 5 of 9 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
two1980, Darrenduhl, 2winsrus, jacmac, Smokeymtnbow
13101 Registered Users
Who's Online
81 registered (Grandslam11, Nimrod777, DaveB, TNGunsmoke, Dbllunger, muddyboots, 9 invisible) and 147 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13101 Members
42 Forums
88816 Topics
1039092 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.245 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.