Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#2853975 - 06/19/12 09:04 AM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: ]
Jugfish
4 Point

Loc: Corbin, KY

How about making somebody responsible for and in charge of the performance of TWRA decisions in the Regions? We have 5 agencies now. Nashville, Regions 1,2,3, and 4. Nobody is in charge.

2 buck limit.

#2854000 - 06/19/12 09:52 AM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: Jugfish]
StalkingWolf
8 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN, USA

I say leave it alone. It is just fine the way it is.
#2854039 - 06/19/12 10:21 AM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: StalkingWolf]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

If you had just one season with out a archery and ML would that kill those two sports? I know the people that are avid bow hunters would keep doing it but some people like me may not if I could hunt riffle all the time I would probably just do that. I am trying archery just because I can do it early. I am sure that is why some young kids do it also and then they start liking it and become the great hunters you all are. It is also nice to know you are semi safe for a little while hunting bow and there are not all those john wayne fans throwing lead every ware \:\) I am all for the longer season to go into mid Jan I think if the unlimited taking of does is not hurting the deer population in unit l then I like it the way it is. I would think that not a lot of people kill that many does but the ones that do may do it for meat also and I am a firm believer if they are killing for meet for there family then that should be ok.
#2854046 - 06/19/12 10:28 AM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: waynesworld]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: waynesworld
If you had just one season with out a archery and ML would that kill those two sports?

Seasons should not be set to support a particular part of the hunting industry.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#2854062 - 06/19/12 10:44 AM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: BSK]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: BSK
If you had just one season with out a archery and ML would that kill those two sports?

Not to support the industry but the sport. If people are not guided to try it for some benefit you kill the sport, and rules used all the time in the name of sport. Look at what they limit for bait, calling, decoy's all in the name of "SPORT"

Edited by waynesworld (06/19/12 10:46 AM)

#2854063 - 06/19/12 10:45 AM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: BSK]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
I, myself, am not qualified to answer what they should be doing. However, what I'd like for them to do is a matter of opinion at best. ;\)

I'm not a fan of all one season thinking. I really do believe they (the deer) would be stressed more if firearms were allowed from what is now the beginning of archery season, all the way till the end of traditional firearms season. I think the setup is just fine myself at this point.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#2854199 - 06/19/12 01:18 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: plinker22]
oldmanelrod
6 Point

Loc: TN/AL state line

Originally Posted By: plinker22

A

draw hunt, similar to the current Elk draw, for a whitetail deer hunt in Cades Cove. Each applicant can apply for up to 5 chances to be drawn.
Proceeds split evenly between "Friends of the GSMNP" and TWRA.

Great idea but unfortunatly it won't work since GSMNP is not under TWRA control.

#2854200 - 06/19/12 01:20 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: waynesworld]
Rubberduck270
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co.

Not to support the industry but the sport. If people are not guided to try it for some benefit you kill the sport, and rules used all the time in the name of sport. Look at what they limit for bait, calling, decoy's all in the name of "SPORT"

It wouldn't "kill" the sport. Mathews and PSE will still sell archery equipment just as TC and CVA will sell muzzle loaders. It would give everyone more variety of what they want to hunt with on any day of the season. Would most simply use gun for the whole season? Probably, but they would still have the option of archery and muzzle loader.

#2854231 - 06/19/12 01:35 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: ]
oldmanelrod
6 Point

Loc: TN/AL state line

Have deer season end Januart 31st. Many of the southern TN counties along the AL and MS have a good primary rut going during the 1st wk of JAN and secondary rut at end of Jan.
#2854247 - 06/19/12 01:51 PM Re: What Should The STATE be Doing That It Is Not Doin [Re: waynesworld]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: BSK

Most of those who hunt with a bow during bow season, and/or hunt with an bow/MZ during MZ season, are the same hunters who hunt gun season (with whatever weapon they choose). Having one single season where weapon is by hunter choice is not going to keep many hunters from hunting. It would not harm the sport of deer hunting.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
68 registered (bjohnson, Cottontop, kel, rem270, rukiddin?, diamond hunter, 11 invisible) and 90 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93348 Topics
1089940 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.15 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.