#2836792 - 05/24/12 12:09 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: BSK]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: richmanbarbeque
 Originally Posted By: richmanbarbeque
Thanks for all you do, SCN. I understand what you
are talking about and use the Hunting guide as a great resource.

Let me also add that SCN is a stand up guy and is a fine example of a model TWRA employee.

X2

x3

As a side note, if need be, print out the proclamation and carry it with you. That way you can refer to it if necessary. As for me, I like the layout of the TN Guide myself. Mainly for the pictures and charts and graphs. \:D If I have a question about something, I can just ask someone from the TWRA (like Steve Nifong, Big Game Guy, etc.).

#2836798 - 05/24/12 12:14 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: MUP]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: MUP
WooooHooooo! I can now take 1 turkey in the Fall too in my county!! Thanks TWRA! ;\)

i have been begging for a fall turkey hunt in roane county for several years. i was told when there are 200 birds killed in the spring then the fall hunts are considered. this was at least 3 years in a row that 200+ were killed and i still don't have my roane co. fall turkeys \:\(
but i did get my morgan co. rifle antlerless hunt \:\)

#2836880 - 05/24/12 01:51 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: Vermin93]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
 Originally Posted By: Andy S.
 Originally Posted By: RAFI
did you not see the 3 in antlers and 3 in antler part of the thread?
Yes I did. That ONE contradiction is not very compelling in my eyes, and definitely not deserving enough to conclude the H&T Guide is useless and not trustworthy. Your statement was bold enough that there must be more examples. The single simple misprint (3" antler vs 3" antlers) is not something that I think will land you in a court room in front of a judge. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

So a legal buck is both antlers longer than 3" - correct?

No, only 1 antler has to be 3" long.
As for the hunting guide not being a legal document, Im sure if written a ticket against what is posted in the guide, you would win easily in court! Im sure its hard to get the guide in print to Verbatim what the legal definitions are, without making it way too big to be feasible anyway.

#2836896 - 05/24/12 02:12 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: Vermin93]
Andy S.
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: Atoka, TN

content Online
Per the H&T Guide, a legal buck must have one antler measuring at least 3". My personal opinion is we are getting wrapped around the axle with the semantics of the proclamation (deer with antlers less than three inches (3") in length). I think the word both, as in "deer with both antlers less than...", would be required to imply and clearly explain that requirement (both antlers), if it were one. I could be dead wrong and would defer final word to Steve, Daryl, Chad or another official TWRA representative that is in the know. My .02

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

#2837074 - 05/24/12 08:02 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: timberjack86]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: timberjack86
 Originally Posted By: JCDEERMAN
Did anyone notice that the deer season is extended to the first full weekend in January? That means January 5th and 6th are back to then ending weekend of rifle season. I am SO truly thankfull for that!!!!!!

Thank you \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\)
Yep Thats Great News! \:\)

YES INDEED! great news!

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#2837087 - 05/24/12 08:15 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: Andy S.]
RAFI
10 Point

Loc: Tn

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Andy S.
Per the H&T Guide, a legal buck must have one antler measuring at least 3". My personal opinion is we are getting wrapped around the axle with the semantics of the proclamation (deer with antlers less than three inches (3") in length). I think the word both, as in "deer with both antlers less than...", would be required to imply and clearly explain that requirement (both antlers), if it were one. I could be dead wrong and would defer final word to Steve, Daryl, Chad or another official TWRA representative that is in the know. My .02

would like an answer too.i got called an azz hole by a member of twra \:\( The way he said it and from what the rules say it means antlers.I didnt really mean to be an azz I was trying to get the offical yes or no.

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (RAFI) and 66 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.005 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.