Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#2836373 - 05/23/12 10:22 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: scn]
RAFI
10 Point

Loc: Tn

Originally Posted By: scn
 Originally Posted By: RAFI
ok thanks im very surprised to know that the twra guide has rules wrong and tells us that.wow i thought we if we had ? that was where to look.I cant tell you how messed up that is.Thats for the info scn.none of us should trust the hunting guide
we never know if its true or not.wow

It doesn't say that it has anything wrong. It says it is not a legal document. Sorry that is so hard to understand.

me also since your one of the most.i just asked a ?and thought since you worked with twra you would answer and you did.Thanks

For some reason my patience in dealing with smart azzes is wearing thin these days. I think I will take advantage of the ignore feature at this point.

#2836376 - 05/23/12 10:28 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: scn]
RAFI
10 Point

Originally Posted By: scn
ok thanks im very surprised to know that the twra guide has rules wrong and tells us that.wow i thought we if we had ? that was where to look.I cant tell you how messed up that is.Thats for the info scn.none of us should trust the hunting guide
we never know if its true or not.wow

It doesn't say that it has anything wrong. It says it is not a legal document. Sorry that is so hard to understand.

For some reason my patience in dealing with smart azzes is wearing thin these days. I think I will take advantage of the ignore feature at this point.

sorry you think im a smart azz ignore me but your with twra and i think its lol that they make a rule book guide and say its not offical.you talk to guys on here very rude at times scn but so do i so i didn't take what you said to heart but ignore me if you want to.

Edited by RAFI (05/23/12 10:28 PM)

#2836377 - 05/23/12 10:32 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: Andy S.]
RAFI
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Andy S.
the twra guide has rules wrong
If you will, please list all of the contradictions between the Guide & Proclamation. I'd like to know them and I'm sure TWRA would as well.

did you not see the 3 in antlers and 3 in antler part of the thread?

#2836381 - 05/23/12 10:46 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: RAFI]
RAFI
10 Point

didnt mean to battle twra just wanted an answer on the 3 inch buck rule in before RAFI ban lol
#2836385 - 05/23/12 11:10 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: Andy S.]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

I agree with RAFI. The hunting guide should be a trusted source of information to TN hunters. If it's not a trusted source of information then it's just more wasteful beaureaucratic government garbage no more useful than toilet paper.

Edited by Vermin93 (05/23/12 11:12 PM)

#2836391 - 05/23/12 11:29 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: Vermin93]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
I agree with RAFI. The hunting guide should be a trusted source of information to TN hunters. If it's not a trusted source of information then it's just more wasteful beaureaucratic government garbage no more useful than toilet paper.

Go up through my posts and show one place where I said the hunting guide wasn't a good source of information and that hunters shouldn't use the Guide for information. I simply posted that it is a summary of regulations and is not a legal document.

TWRA works hard to make sure that the Hunting Guide is correct. I spent a full day recently with several others going through a second draft to work towards that goal. The only way to have it 100% is to print every statute, Proclamation, and Rule and Regulation verbatim. The resulting document would be hundred of pages long and past our ability to pay for the printing. That is why all of those regulations are available on our website and posted at the county court house.

Occasionally there is a mistake in the Guide. But, that doesn't mean that LEGALLY the Guide can supercede the actual statutes or Proclamations. Practially it usually means if we make a mistake in the Guide we live with the mistake.

Carry on while I add you to my ignore list.

#2836398 - 05/23/12 11:34 PM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: scn]
RAFI
10 Point

why do you get so mad scn?not sure if you can read this since i might be you list now.I didnt think i was rude i was just amazed that the guide book wasnt totally right bc so many of us keep a copy of it around and most dont have a computer in hunting camp to see the regs

Edited by RAFI (05/23/12 11:36 PM)

#2836415 - 05/24/12 12:03 AM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: RAFI]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

With all due respect, the fact that the hunting guide didn't have an accurate definition of a legal buck is really hard to believe. A simple cut and paste from the regs would have done the trick. I'm glad this thread was started and that this exchange took place because now I know what a legal buck is in TN (At least I think I do. It's still not 100% clear whether one or both antlers have to be 3" long). Hopefully the hunting guide will be correct this year so that all TN hunters who pick up a license and hunting guide from WalMart or some other place will know what a legal buck is. I would bet most of them will never download the regs from the website or drive down to the county courthouse on a work day to read them. They will open their trusty hunting guide and expect the season dates, bag limits, and definition of a legal buck to be correct!

Legal Bucks: Deer must have at least one antler measuring a minimum of three (3) inches in length on buck-only or antlered only hunts.

Antlerless Deer: Defined as those deer with no antlers or deer with both antlers less than three (3) inches in length.

Note: The statewide antlered buck limit is three (3). Antlered deer must have antlers a minimum of three
inches (3") in length on buck only or antlered only hunts. Antlerless deer are defined as deer with no antlers
or deer with antlers less than three inches (3") in length.

Edited by Vermin93 (05/24/12 12:19 AM)

#2836447 - 05/24/12 05:08 AM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: Vermin93]
richmanbarbeque
16 Point

Loc: Middle, Tn

Thanks for all you do, SCN. I understand what you are talking about and use the Hunting guide as a great resource.
#2836458 - 05/24/12 05:40 AM Re: New deer regs are posted [Re: richmanbarbeque]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: richmanbarbeque
Thanks for all you do, SCN. I understand what you are talking about and use the Hunting guide as a great resource.
X2. When will the new guides be available?

Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
131 registered (riverfisher, Mag, Piddler, Hickman Hunter, SpursNFeathers, Matador, 14 invisible) and 176 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93246 Topics
1088840 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.117 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.