Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#2827939 - 05/13/12 06:32 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: Rockhound]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Originally Posted By: Rockhound
I swear Some people try to find crap to argue about.

Agree, and unfortunately I will stoop to that level nd have probably done a fair share in my life as well.

I could and should have refrained from posting the picture, then this argument wouldn't have happened. And this is the exact reason I rarely if ever post pictures

Edited by Setterman (05/13/12 06:33 PM)

#2827967 - 05/13/12 07:13 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: Setterman]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

[/quote]setterman

If you were right than I would post pictures of every giant deer I have killed, and every turkey, fish etc etc. However, I am not out for any ego stroking, could give two rips what folks think of me honestly.

I am just not going to let uneducated drivel regarding turkeys to be spewed without correcting the mistatements.

If it makes you feel better to stomp your feet and scream in protest have at it.

There are plenty of others who think just like you, and think that a few days hunting each year makes you wise. Which couldn't be further from reality.

[/quote]
[
[*] There you go again,proclaiming your intelligence over everyone else.How do you know how many days I spend hunting?I am done with this useless dribble. But I do have a question to ask before I go. How many turkey have you missed in you lifetime? ;\)

Edited by timberjack86 (05/13/12 07:14 PM)

#2827974 - 05/13/12 07:22 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: Setterman]
Grizzly Johnson Moderator
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Setterman
I could and should have refrained from posting the picture, then this argument wouldn't have happened. And this is the exact reason I rarely if ever post pictures

But I am glad you did, as it is proof positive, that things got started way earlier this spring than in years past.

#2828005 - 05/13/12 07:58 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Setterman
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson

But I am glad you did, as it is proof positive, that things got started way earlier this spring than in years past.

This was the weirdest year I have ever had, I am still confused by the behavior I witnessed the past 7 weeks.

All I know is that I hope next year it is nothing like this past winter/early spring.

#2828083 - 05/13/12 09:25 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: ]
Setterman
8 Point

Originally Posted By: tndrbstr
Guess what, my learning didn't come from books it came from actual work in the field.

Armchair biologist? I guess big game guy is an arm chair biologist as well, as well as me who has numerous degrees, done hundreds of scientific studies, and professionally manages close to 100,000 acres of private land holdings for wildlife.

\:D \:D \:D

Your so full of crap! I bet the grass grows greener every where you walk!! LOL,... You have got to be one the most delusional narcissistic and biggest pathalogicl liars that has EVER been on this site in my opinion....

but don't mind me doctor,...I'm just passin thru!! \:D \:D \:D
and remember,...you have a major deer study that is coming to fruitation in the pretty near future. Don't forget the pics on that one ok... ;\)

\:D \:D \:D \:D

You think posting the gay smiley things will let you make personal attacks at will? Guess so, and I will for once rise above your level. Send me a PM and we can handle this off the open forum, unless you are too timid to actually do something out of the public eye.

#2828097 - 05/13/12 09:37 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: ]
Setterman
8 Point

Originally Posted By: tndrbstr
Hey I gave my opinion...I reckon I'm intitled to aint I ?.... \:\)

Sure, I am sure that makes your life complete. Based on the above I would say life is pretty depressing around the trailer park.

#2828102 - 05/13/12 09:45 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: ]
RAFI
10 Point

Loc: Tn

hook i dont have a bio degree like you but didnt i tell you a few years ago that the 4 turkey limit wasnt the prob with the lower harvest and that twra wasnt complete idiots compared to kentucky when it involved deer?seems i was right on both of those.i tried to stay out of this poult debate.but hey I respect that you later admit you were wrong but like Ive told you before sometimes you should listen to people on here when they speak rather than your own self all the time

Edited by RAFI (05/13/12 09:47 PM)

#2828129 - 05/13/12 10:17 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: Setterman]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: catman529
100,000 acres and you hunt mostly public land? Just curious about that - do you prefer public land hunting over private?

I don't own or have access to that land, it is owned by clients. I have hunted some of the tracts over the years, but generally keep business separate from personal life. Plus it is all out of state for the most part. We own just shy of 5,000 acres back home, and I do hunt it though.

I love hunting public land here in tn we are blessed with great public land and I enjoy it.
Yep the public land I have found has been good. Yanahli is great in that there are no ATV's allowed, as I saw your complaints about hunters running ATVs and calling birds into silence. Yanahli does go pretty quiet late in the season but is great hunting for the first half at least.

#2828575 - 05/14/12 12:17 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: ]
REN
Good ol' Boys "Team Grizzly"
12 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

John 3:16

#2830400 - 05/16/12 01:04 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: ]
scn
16 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

Opinions are like......elbows-everybody has a couple. Mine are certainly worth no more than anybody elses.

But, for some of the newbies that haven't been through some of the TNDeer pissing contests, when Setterman talks turkey-I listen and learn. I've had enough offline conversations with him to know that he knows a heck of a lot more about those birds (and especially hunting them) than I do.

Some that have been around likely remember some of the online battles I had with Setterman in former TNDeer lives. To his credit he took a step back and publically said that he realized TWRA wasn't the enenemy. While he and I may not agree on everything, we have learned to agree to disagree. I have found him to be knowledgeable across the board on wildlife issues.

We have a number of folks on here that have wildlife degrees and wildlife backgrounds that don't work for a state agency. That certainly doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about. I listen when they speak.

If you'll continue to talk turkey with us, Jim, I'll continue to listen. The picture was great and confirmed what I am hearing from several hunters about very early breeding this year (and some VERY late nesting last year).

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
69 registered (dralarms, ferg, Jcalder, Methane, Grill-n-man, bigtex, 11 invisible) and 115 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
95977 Topics
1123887 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.048 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.