#2827875 - 05/13/12 04:46 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: timberjack86]
Setterman
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Originally Posted By: timberjack86
 Originally Posted By: Setterman
 Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
2 weeks is a good bet, the ones I saw today were probably 3 weeks old which is utterly shocking to someone like me who has spent years monitoring nests, and turkeys to try and get an accurate gauge as to hatch dates.

I said a few weeks ago it was almost impossible to have birds hatching before the end of April. Well today shot that theory, and the opinions of a bunch of other folks like me.

Nature is a funny fickle thing, and certainly throws curve balls every now and then. I could have gotten pictures of the first clutch of older birds, but they were pretty nervous and I didn't want to stress them anymore than I already had.

Well I guess the ones that "didn't have picture proof" could have been right all along then huh.... Not everyone has to have a degree, college education, or be a biologist to know what they were talking about.

I believe some apologies are in order as well. If nothing more than to acknowledge they may have been correct after all.

Reminds me of a story once told by an older man with a High School and real-world experience education.... was being told something by a College Educated fellow that thought he knew all because the "books" said so.... Well the older man proved his point and wound up a costly mistake for the "educated" fellow.... Older guy said to use that piece of paper, with "degree" printed on it as toilet paper next time he had to go.

Guess what, my learning didn't come from books it came from actual work in the field.

And guess what when I see pics I will apologize. It was certainly easy enough for me to snap a pic as well as several others I have seen around the last few days.

No proof, no apology.

As I said then, anything is possible, go back and read. Anything is possible but without some sort of proof I will always be skeptical. There are so many people pushing agendas on these forums anymore that without hard evidence I question everything. Sorry, just my nature.
So the moral to this story is you can be who want to be on the internet ;\) I am thinking about reinventing myself,but educated arm chair biologist is already taken.Dang!

You really want to grab this bull by the horns?

Armchair biologist? I guess big game guy is an arm chair biologist as well, as well as me who has numerous degrees, done hundreds of scientific studies, and professionally manages close to 100,000 acres of private land holdings for wildlife.

What do you know, learned something today.

#2827877 - 05/13/12 04:48 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: Setterman]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

100,000 acres and you hunt mostly public land? Just curious about that - do you prefer public land hunting over private?

...since last deer season

#2827885 - 05/13/12 04:58 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: Setterman]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

happy Online
2 weeks is a good bet, the ones I saw today were probably 3 weeks old which is utterly shocking to someone like me who has spent years monitoring nests, and turkeys to try and get an accurate gauge as to hatch dates.

I said a few weeks ago it was almost impossible to have birds hatching before the end of April. Well today shot that theory, and the opinions of a bunch of other folks like me.

Nature is a funny fickle thing, and certainly throws curve balls every now and then. I could have gotten pictures of the first clutch of older birds, but they were pretty nervous and I didn't want to stress them anymore than I already had.

Well I guess the ones that "didn't have picture proof" could have been right all along then huh.... Not everyone has to have a degree, college education, or be a biologist to know what they were talking about.

I believe some apologies are in order as well. If nothing more than to acknowledge they may have been correct after all.

Reminds me of a story once told by an older man with a High School and real-world experience education.... was being told something by a College Educated fellow that thought he knew all because the "books" said so.... Well the older man proved his point and wound up a costly mistake for the "educated" fellow.... Older guy said to use that piece of paper, with "degree" printed on it as toilet paper next time he had to go.

Guess what, my learning didn't come from books it came from actual work in the field.

And guess what when I see pics I will apologize. It was certainly easy enough for me to snap a pic as well as several others I have seen around the last few days.

No proof, no apology.

As I said then, anything is possible, go back and read. Anything is possible but without some sort of proof I will always be skeptical. There are so many people pushing agendas on these forums anymore that without hard evidence I question everything. Sorry, just my nature.
So the moral to this story is you can be who want to be on the internet ;\) I am thinking about reinventing myself,but educated arm chair biologist is already taken.Dang!

Armchair biologist? I guess big game guy is an arm chair biologist as well, as well as me who has numerous degrees, done hundreds of scientific studies, and professionally manages close to 100,000 acres of private land holdings for wildlife.

Haha We all know who big game guy is! You on the other hand I have no idea who you are and really could care less! For all we know you could be 45 still living at home with mama on welfare.Anyway when you come to a public talk forum acting like you know everything and your opinion is the only one that matters you can expect some backlash.

#2827887 - 05/13/12 05:01 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: catman529]
Setterman
8 Point

Originally Posted By: catman529
100,000 acres and you hunt mostly public land? Just curious about that - do you prefer public land hunting over private?

I don't own or have access to that land, it is owned by clients. I have hunted some of the tracts over the years, but generally keep business separate from personal life. Plus it is all out of state for the most part. We own just shy of 5,000 acres back home, and I do hunt it though.

I love hunting public land here in tn we are blessed with great public land and I enjoy it.

#2827892 - 05/13/12 05:17 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: timberjack86]
Setterman
8 Point

No proof, no apology.

Haha We all know who big game guy is! You on the other hand I have no idea who you are and really could care less! For all we know you could be 45 still living at home with mama on welfare.Anyway when you come to a public talk forum acting like you know everything and your opinion is the only one that matters you can expect some backlash.

My opinion certainly isn't the only one that matters.

However, and I have dealt with plenty of folks like you over the years who ask for advice and when given advice just want to argue because you have a set of ideas that you believe and no matter what won't listen. Even when the other person probably is trying to help and has an incredible depth of knowledge.

I assure you I am not 45, and certainly don't live in anyone's basement. Whatever you wish to believe or feel is up to you, but in the words of BSK you just might learn something if you open your ears.

#2827893 - 05/13/12 05:17 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: Setterman]
Grizzly Johnson Moderator
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

No proof, no apology.

Well my reference story was not meant to be saying anything about you or anyone else in any way....

But in real life, nature can and does trump all.

#2827907 - 05/13/12 05:48 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: Setterman]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

happy Online

No proof, no apology.

However, and I have dealt with plenty of folks like you over the years who ask for advice and when given advice just want to argue because you have a set of ideas that you believe and no matter what won't listen. Even when the other person probably is trying to help and has an incredible depth of knowledge.

I assure you I am not 45, and certainly don't live in anyone's basement. Whatever you wish to believe or feel is up to you, but in the words of BSK you just might learn something if you open your ears.
Well let me assure you, The only thing you seem to offer is your opinion that your right and everyone else is wrong.Seems to me the only thing I have learned from you is how to get an ego boost.If thats the only thing you can offer I dont blame anyone for not opening there ears when you speak.

#2827908 - 05/13/12 05:52 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Setterman
8 Point

No proof, no apology.

Well my reference story was not meant to be saying anything about you or anyone else in any way....

But in real life, nature can and does trump all.

Absolutely agree, I see things often which go against the grain.

#2827910 - 05/13/12 06:01 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: timberjack86]
Setterman
8 Point

No proof, no apology.

Well let me assure you, The only thing you seem to offer is your opinion that your right and everyone else is wrong.Seems to me the only thing I have learned from you is how to get an ego boost.If thats the only thing you can offer I dont blame anyone for not opening there ears when you speak.

If you were right than I would post pictures of every giant deer I have killed, and every turkey, fish etc etc. However, I am not out for any ego stroking, could give two rips what folks think of me honestly.

I am just not going to let uneducated drivel regarding turkeys to be spewed without correcting the mistatements.

If it makes you feel better to stomp your feet and scream in protest have at it.

There are plenty of others who think just like you, and think that a few days hunting each year makes you wise. Which couldn't be further from reality.

#2827920 - 05/13/12 06:13 PM Re: Looky what I found... [Re: stik]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

I swear Some people try to find crap to argue about.
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
146 registered (UTGrad, Dirt nap, Rollo, downwind, WG Taxidermist, larry.boy.k, 19 invisible) and 151 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91618 Topics
1070836 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.101 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.