Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#2815899 - 04/26/12 02:58 PM Re: anyone got 1 tag left [Re: 93civEJ1]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: 93civEJ1
How much meat can you get off 1 decent sized turkey?
bird #1 was 21 pounds and I got 9 pounds in breasts and legs. Bird #2 was 22 pounds and I got just over 9 1/2 pounds in breasts, legs and wings. I plan to get the most out of this 13 pound jake.

...since last deer season

#2815994 - 04/26/12 05:40 PM Re: anyone got 1 tag left [Re: catman529]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

Cat, probably most of these boys would have fewer tags than they do if they would have resorted to roost shooting........in the dark!
Sorry man, the devil made me say it, and I just couldn't resist the temptation. lol

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish proverb

#2816068 - 04/26/12 07:12 PM Re: anyone got 1 tag left [Re: 4onaside]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

I got 2 left and I hope if I do tag out its the last week of season.The more hunting the better!

#2816278 - 04/26/12 11:20 PM Re: anyone got 1 tag left [Re: ]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Well that sure doesn't make em better hunters (even if they are)... it just means they are more selective \:D

I may have to change my username to Meat Hunter so people quit picking on me and my hunting methods....

#2816403 - 04/27/12 06:22 AM Re: anyone got 1 tag left [Re: catman529]
4onaside
12 Point

Originally Posted By: catman529
Well that sure doesn't make em better hunters (even if they are)... it just means they are more selective \:D

I may have to change my username to Meat Hunter so people quit picking on me and my hunting methods....
They ain't pickin on you boy! lol "They" are kidding with you and there is a whole bunch of difference. And I doubt if anyone really cares how you hunt. We just appreciate the zeal you have as a young hunter for the sport. As we get older, most of us become a little more subdued in our approach,with the addition of families, careers, etc. and other life activities, other than hunting, that consume most of our time. Keep on truckin' and good luck on filling your other tag! lol

Polish proverb

#2816743 - 04/27/12 01:27 PM Re: anyone got 1 tag left [Re: 4onaside]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Originally Posted By: 4onaside

They ain't pickin on you boy! lol "They" are kidding with you and there is a whole bunch of difference. And I doubt if anyone really cares how you hunt. We just appreciate the zeal you have as a young hunter for the sport. As we get older, most of us become a little more subdued in our approach,with the addition of families, careers, etc. and other life activities, other than hunting, that consume most of our time. Keep on truckin' and good luck on filling your other tag! lol
Yup I know you were kidding, but it seems there are a few who aren't. I should hopefully get to a point where I don't care what they say anymore... and stay tuned this fall for some pictures of dead hens! lol

#2816748 - 04/27/12 01:34 PM Re: anyone got 1 tag left [Re: 4onaside]
Trevor2
8 Point

Loc: sunbright,tn

And with that "zeal" you have keep it! Stay away from the women who dont understand lol I have that same passion as you my friend and even though Im just 23 I have been through a few gf just for the simple fact that they got mad bc I hunted so much lol haha \:D

#2816780 - 04/27/12 02:08 PM Re: anyone got 1 tag left [Re: Trevor2]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Trevor2

And with that "zeal" you have keep it! Stay away from the women who dont understand lol I have that same passion as you my friend and even though Im just 23 I have been through a few gf just for the simple fact that they got mad bc I hunted so much lol haha \:D
that's right, I won't get a girlfriend because I want one or because she's good looking... of course those both are very important, but she also must understand what it means to turkey hunt.

#2817070 - 04/27/12 09:30 PM Re: anyone got 1 tag left [Re: catman529]
4onaside
12 Point

Yup I know you were kidding, but it seems there are a few who aren't. I should hopefully get to a point where I don't care what they say anymore... and stay tuned this fall for some pictures of dead hens! lol
I don't shoot hens, but it would not be rational for me to comment or care if you do, since the flocks that we are hunting are roughly 125 miles apart! Now, if you were shooting hens across the road from me, I would have a legitimate right to complain since they would be the same birds that I hunt and would effect my gobbler population in the spring.

Polish proverb

#2817117 - 04/27/12 11:41 PM Re: anyone got 1 tag left [Re: 4onaside]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

I don't shoot hens, but it would not be rational for me to comment or care if you do, since the flocks that we are hunting are roughly 125 miles apart! Now, if you were shooting hens across the road from me, I would have a legitimate right to complain since they would be the same birds that I hunt and would effect my gobbler population in the spring.
But would it affect them any more than killing a few does would affect the buck population?

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
camohunter3, mtd, Higdon23, blcmrr2008, Urban deer Hunter
13270 Registered Users
Who's Online
15 registered (harley 2008, rabbit hunter, remke, choupique, barkscraper, bigluresonly, 1 invisible) and 60 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13270 Members
42 Forums
92984 Topics
1086556 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.097 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.