Tndeer Logo

Page all of 8 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#2765470 - 02/22/12 11:37 PM Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back?
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

I have noticed the same thing over and over in the last several Republican debates in a row now. Ron Paul goes after whoever happens to be Mitt Romney's chief rival at each debate.

Tonight, Ron Paul really went after Rick Santorum and hit him hard with two or three really pointed attacks.

A few debates ago when Gingrich was nipping at Romney's heels, Ron Paul ignored Santorum and tore Gingrich up.

Through it all, you almost NEVER see Ron Paul really aim his guns full force at Mitt Romney.

Is Paul trying to take down the runner-up in the hope that one day he will get to that position and challenge Romney himself? Or has he worked out some behind-the-scenes deal where he'll be Romney's attack dog for some unknown reason?

It's weird, and I can't figure out what Ron Paul's game plan could possibly be. But it's been too consistent, debate after debate, for it to be an accident. Whenever someone gets within striking distance of Mitt Romney, for whatever reason, Ron Paul tries to take them down at the next debate.

Very strange stuff.

bd

#2765531 - 02/23/12 05:47 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: B.D.]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

I been talking about it for some time now. EVEN the MSM are FINALLY bring it up, saying its the biggest story that been flying under the radar. Debate after debate!
I know they hate too, but when its SO clear, even them the Romney pimps cant ignore it!
Paul is without dout Romney biggest supporter and help and money man.
He should be attacking Romney, he never does. Who ever Romneys attacking so is Paul full force and with all his money also.
It's THE tag team, you'd have to be a fool not to see it.
Romneys the one who needs to be taken down and out first, but its clear, Paul doesnt want that. He's helping Romney, romney never attacks Paul.
They may throw out one or two little hits, but they both SLAM whoever steps up to take romney out.
You have GOT TO BE A TOTAL FOOL NOT TO SEE IT!

Edited by Dale3 (02/23/12 05:54 AM)

#2765611 - 02/23/12 07:40 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Dale3]
B.D.
8 Point

By the way, I neglected to comply with the forum's link policy, but it's tough because there hasn't been a lot of decent discussion about this. Best I can do:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/23/gop-debate-arizona_n_1295529.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/r...pm_politics_pop

bd

#2765636 - 02/23/12 08:05 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: B.D.]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

The frontrunners get it from all sides. Romney was being attacked by 4-5 guys and one angry gal simultaneously in the early debates. If you want to be President you have to be a big boy.

Why would Paul waste time on Santorum or Gingrich with advertisements or debate time while they are polling and the bottom of the pack? Have the moderators not directly asked Paul questions about Newt and now Rick in the debates? The crowds have played a bigger part in the debates than any candidate. Gingrich benefitted from an enthusiastically partial crowd in South carolina and Romney has had two consecutive debates where the crowd is clearly on his side.

Paul's policies are more in line with conservatives. When Gingrich or Santorum have trumpeted their conservative credentials Paul has simply given evidence of their not so conservative records. IMO, he despises their hypocrisy, Santorum even admitted last night that he voted for legislation that he didn't personally support or believe in because in politics you have to take one for the team. That's not an answer that sits well with principled people. Romney is not real competition for the conservative vote. No one is buying what he's selling right now.

Although, I would be thrilled if Romney picked a Paul as a VP, Ron or Rand, his actions right now are a combination of political factors rather than an Romney alliance or conspiracy.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#2765703 - 02/23/12 08:52 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
B.D.
8 Point

So if the frontrunners get it from all sides, why does Ron Paul go so easy on Romney? Romney still has by far the best shot at cinching the nomination.

Using your logic, why would Paul waste advertisement money on Santorum (and NOT on Romney) when Romney's at the top of the same pack?

Talk about "not so conservative records" - Romney has a record that is exponentially more liberal than Santorum. They're not even in the same universe. But where was Paul's criticism of Romney last night? It was pretty scarce.

bd

#2765712 - 02/23/12 08:56 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

I think it would be political genious of Romney to pick Ron or Rand.

This election is about having more numbers than Obama. I know we are in deep doodoo and several think we are past 'fixing'. But when it comes down to it, I would prefer the slower process of Romney than the sudden impact of a 2nd Obama term. As much as Romney 'isn't' Reagan he does at least love America- more than we can say for any democrat (elected or constituent).

#2765717 - 02/23/12 08:56 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

By the way- he's NOT my first choice.

#2765792 - 02/23/12 09:46 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: B.D.]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Originally Posted By: B.D.
By the way, I neglected to comply with the forum's link policy,

#2765794 - 02/23/12 09:47 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
By the way- he's NOT my first choice.

Nor mine.

#2765795 - 02/23/12 09:48 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: preds1]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: preds1
By the way, I neglected to comply with the forum's link policy,

\:D @ preds1

#2765799 - 02/23/12 09:50 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

BWahaahhaahah

Preds1, that is great!!!!

#2765887 - 02/23/12 11:30 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Robamny will pick Rand Paul as a VP.

#2765984 - 02/23/12 12:48 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: B.D.]
de novo
10 Point

So if the frontrunners get it from all sides, why does Ron Paul go so easy on Romney? Romney still has by far the best shot at cinching the nomination.

Using your logic, why would Paul waste advertisement money on Santorum (and NOT on Romney) when Romney's at the top of the same pack?

Talk about "not so conservative records" - Romney has a record that is exponentially more liberal than Santorum. They're not even in the same universe. But where was Paul's criticism of Romney last night? It was pretty scarce. bd

Paul is after the conservative swing vote which has shifted multiple times in this campaign. Gingrich had it in January so Paul focused on his record and now they are with Santorum. Romney's base (30%) has been solidly behind him the entire time. They are unlikely to change.

I come down harder on Santorum's "conservative record" than Romney's. Romney campaigned to the left in Massachusetts and governed more to the center right. He had a state house that was 85% devout liberal.

Santorum claims that he's conservative but he had a Republican President, Senate, and House and still backed big government policies. At a time he could have had a conservative , limited government record but he chose to "play with the team".

I said months ago that Romney should consider Rand Paul as a VP pick. That helps him with conservatives and the Republicans should keep all of the independent voters backing his father.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#2766075 - 02/23/12 02:21 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Dale3
8 Point

McMitt Dole, yep thats who we need
Paulys making excusses for Mitt being the best, now i've heard it all

Edited by Dale3 (02/23/12 02:22 PM)

#2766078 - 02/23/12 02:23 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Dale3]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

Loc: San Antonio, TX

Originally Posted By: Dale3
Paulys making excusses for Mitt, now i've heard it all

Why is reading comprehension always a deficiency with Ron Paul supporters? The post said that RON PAUL covers for Romney. Not that Ron Paul SUPPORTERS cover for Romney. Subtle, but important, difference.

Searching for the elusive "Moderate" liberal and "Moderate" Muslim. Maybe they are hiding together...

Μολων λαβε

#2766115 - 02/23/12 03:06 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Dale3]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Paulys making excusses for Mitt being the best, now i've heard it all

I have to agree.

#2766121 - 02/23/12 03:13 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
B.D.
8 Point

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1

He might, but I don't think it would be a very smart choice. His best choice would probably be Marco Rubio - take Florida off the table and bite into Obama's hispanic base of support at the same time. We'll see.

bd

Edited by B.D. (02/23/12 03:13 PM)

#2766126 - 02/23/12 03:16 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: B.D.]
de novo
10 Point

One, there is some controversy about whether Rubio is a natural born ctizen and two, they might not want two Mormons on the same ticket.

#2766237 - 02/23/12 05:46 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: ]
Dale3
8 Point

Paul a sell out helping Romney like he is. It takes away from everything he claimed he was.
Romney and Rand Paul people would feel the same about Rand.
I'd lose respect for Rand.
He have to act as if Romney was awsome, back him on whatever he says and does.
How could Rand if he's who he claims he is, do that?
He just be another one of those he claims he not. I dont see him doing that, at least i hope he wouldnt
He'd have to be a cheerleader for Romney

Edited by Dale3 (02/23/12 06:02 PM)

#2766246 - 02/23/12 05:55 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Originally Posted By: Novocaine
One, there is some controversy about whether Rubio is a natural born ctizen and two, they might not want two Mormons on the same ticket.

That whole natural born citizen thing didnt appear to hurt the current Failure In Chief.

#2766500 - 02/23/12 09:40 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
B.D.
8 Point

One, there is some controversy about whether Rubio is a natural born ctizen

Seriously? You guys are still on the birth certificate kick? Holy cow. Okaaay, suit yourselves.

Rubio was born in Miami. Outside of the guys wearing the tinfoil hats, there's not much "controversy" there.

Quote:
and two, they might not want two Mormons on the same ticket.

His family baptized him as a Mormon at age 8 but left the Mormon church and returned to Catholicism a couple years later. Unless there's some sort of "once a Mormon, always a Mormon" rule I'm unfamiliar with, that doesn't count for much in my book.

But anyway, I don't have a dog in that hunt. You guys can pick your own candidates just fine. I'm much more content keeping Florida in play after all. \:\)

bd

Edited by B.D. (02/23/12 09:41 PM)

#2766516 - 02/23/12 10:04 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Koyodiak
8 Point

Loc: Kodak, TN

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1

Heard that same rumour earlier today.

#2766629 - 02/24/12 04:51 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Koyodiak]
Dale3
8 Point

Mark Levin, ripped Paul Apart for the con and fake he is,and he did so, not with speculation, but research, facts and proof!

http://www.marklevinshow.com/Article.asp?id=2401097&spid=32345

Really should go to a link to hear the whole show,its worth it. Link above is just kind of a overview.
I lost the Radio station before all those Paulys called in crying
I bet them tryin to defend or denie it was a hoot to hear.

Edited by Dale3 (02/24/12 05:12 AM)

#2766633 - 02/24/12 04:59 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Dale3
8 Point

I dont think Santorum and family went to Church with Rubio at the Church of Mormons

#2766910 - 02/24/12 09:30 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Dale3]
de novo
10 Point

No conspiracy: Ron Paul just dislikes Santorum

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/righ...bLaXR_blog.html

#2766949 - 02/24/12 10:01 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Who does Ron Paul like....other than Ron Paul?
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#2767062 - 02/24/12 12:08 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: TennesseeRains]
de novo
10 Point

Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains

Any politician that is consistently conservative and seeks to uphold our liberty, protect the Constitution, and limit the federal government would probably rate high on his like list.
Unfortunately, Rick's record disqualifies him for that list.

#2767107 - 02/24/12 12:56 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Any politician that is consistently Libertarian and seeks to uphold our liberty, protect the Constitution, and limit the federal government would probably rate high on his like list.

Fixed it for you.

#2767188 - 02/24/12 02:10 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Dale3
8 Point

Any politician that is consistently conservative and seeks to uphold our liberty, protect the Constitution, and limit the federal government would probably rate high on his like list.

Ron Paul is NOT a conservative, and there are no conservatives that he likes.
He Didnt and doesnt like Reagan, Abraham Lincoln, Newt, ANYONE!
Pauls a libertarian anarchists Romney is a republican elite, BOTH do not like Conservatives. They seek thier support to advance their cause, but thats it.
People say of all people for Paul to aline himself with, Romney should have been the last. No it makes perfect sense, neither like conservatives. They are both trying to destroy the conservatives from within.
Paul is not a republican nor a conservative, he's a libertarian anarchists, ONLY USING the title to destroy them and advance his on cause. Just like he USED the system and his supporters. He's a fake and a con.
He's never been able to gain traction for his movement, so he decided to con people to try to advance it.A little here, a little there, cause it wouldnt catch on as a whole.

Great artical below, tells of Pauls Mentor Murray Rothbard
http://www.marklevinshow.com/goout.asp?u...rtarians_1.html
This link has even more info...
http://www.marklevinshow.com/Article.asp?id=2401097&spid=32345

"Any politician that is consistently conservative and seeks to uphold our liberty, protect the Constitution, and limit the federal government would probably rate high on his like list.
Unfortunately, Rick's record disqualifies him for that list."

LOL yeah buddy, thats Romney .
More like Romney consistently NON conservative.
Paul sure making hard on his supporters to defend this BS

Edited by Dale3 (02/24/12 02:40 PM)

#2767264 - 02/24/12 03:56 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
B.D.
8 Point

LOL - I am having a lot of trouble using that statement to explain why Ron Paul always gives Romney a pass. Romney doesn't even get past "consistently." \:\)

Regardless, maybe it's intentional on Ron Paul's part, and maybe it's not. But either way, the net effect is that Paul has consistently attacked Romney's rival in every debate and has scarcely ever laid a finger on Romney. Again, intentional or not, this helps Romney at least as much as it helps Paul.

Hypothetically - suppose Romney benefits from Ron Paul's attacks on his rivals, wins the nomination, and then gets beat by Obama.

Seems like most true conservatives won't appreciate Paul helping that result along, if it happens.

bd

Edited by B.D. (02/24/12 03:56 PM)

#2767387 - 02/24/12 07:10 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: B.D.]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Pay attention to Sir BD.

He, by his own admission, has no dog in the fight....but does see what is quite apparent.

Plus...he can't catch a fish if he had them in a barrel.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

#2767403 - 02/24/12 07:32 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: TennesseeRains]
de novo
10 Point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSVi45vfA6o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Funny how Paul was criticized on here for criticizing all the others earlier in the campaign but when he only criticizes the one candidate many support (after being directly asked) he's now involved in a conspiracy.

Contrast how Pawlenty backed up and refused to repeat the criticism about Obomneycare towards Romney that he made the day before in an earlier debate. Ron Paul is sitting elbow to elbow with Santorum and says he is fake on national TV.

#2767613 - 02/25/12 06:52 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Dale3
8 Point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSVi45vfA6o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Funny how Paul was criticized on here for criticizing all the others earlier in the campaign but when he only criticizes the one candidate many support (after being directly asked) he's now involved in a conspiracy.

Contrast how Pawlenty backed up and refused to repeat the criticism about Obomneycare towards Romney that he made the day before in an earlier debate. Ron Paul is sitting elbow to elbow with Santorum and says he is fake on national TV.

Only thing funny is he done it each and every time to and with whoever Romney was after. its BEEN being talked about ALL ALONG! It just got so obvious, that even people who didnt want to see it, seen it, cant denie it! MSM could no longer denie it, hide it!
Its got NOTHING to do with just Santorum. Paul has attacked everyone big time, but Romney!
He had as many and more Opportunity and reason to do so,yet he never did
No conspiracy about it, its in the wide open, as plan as the nose on your face.

Paul might as well be wearing a Romney button!

YOu really dont see it?

That must be some STRONG AZZ kool-aid he got you all drinking

Paul has played the system and has played his supporters. You truely have got to have major blinders if you dont see it now Novacaine. Pauls a con and a fake.
IF Paul was who he claimed to be, then Romney would be the least of all, he want to see get the nod.
He's a fake!

He Romneys attack dog,has been from the start. He helping the republican establishment, not conservitives.

Santorum and Newt are WAY more conservative than Mitts ever been in his life. Serveral others that were in the race were WAY more conservative than Romney, not even close! Romney a moderate at best.
Romney knows he no conservative, its why he didnt go after the conservative vote. He hoped they have to jump on board after he was chosen, but even he knew he couldnt get thier support.

The Republican Establishment isnt backing Romney for the great conservative he is. THIER BACKING HIM BECAUSE HE'S NOT! they dont THINK A CONSERVATIVE CAN WIN, THEY DONT WANT A CONSERVATIVE!

He's McMitt Doleney, the perfect republican establishment non-conservative canidate, and your boy been in bed with him and had this planned and been working it, from the start

Edited by Dale3 (02/25/12 07:04 AM)

#2767692 - 02/25/12 08:38 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Dale3]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Use your head people. Go back to after the third priimary when Paul said they were now "after delegates".

I posted that something had changed, he wasn't out to win any more but to get delegates.

Paul either wants to have enough delegates to be able to throw his weight around at the Republican Convention or he wants to use them to get the VP slot.

#2767699 - 02/25/12 08:50 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
Greg .
aPoStROpHe PolIcE
16 Point

Loc: NC Piedmonts

dUng ... agaIn ...

#2767798 - 02/25/12 10:47 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: TennesseeRains]
B.D.
8 Point

Plus...he can't catch a fish if he had them in a barrel.

\:\)

Such viciousness.

bd

#2767824 - 02/25/12 11:43 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
Use your head people. Go back to after the third priimary when Paul said they were now "after delegates".

I posted that something had changed, he wasn't out to win any more but to get delegates.

Paul either wants to have enough delegates to be able to throw his weight around at the Republican Convention or he wants to use them to get the VP slot.

Hopefully, someone that spends as much time on this forum as you realizes that delegates are what everyone is after. Santorum's 3 victories last week were not as valuable as the media portrays them due to the fact the delegates will be decided later.

#2767844 - 02/25/12 12:18 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Hopefully, someone that spends as much time on this forum as you realizes that delegates are what everyone is after. Santorum's 3 victories last week were not as valuable as the media portrays them due to the fact the delegates will be decided later.

I know that but I also know Paul would have NEVER made that statement if he wanted to win. He never said anythibng like that the other times he ran. We all know that you like all Paul supporters will spin anything Paul says and cover him about everything. You are a 100% Paul supporter, that would mean the same as a 100% Obama supportr. If Obama said something would you thing any of us would beleive a Obama supporter to try to tell us he said something else????

#2767866 - 02/25/12 12:50 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

Guess what, whoever wins the nomination will be after the delegates, too in the general election. Guess what else, Obama will be trying to get delegates, too. So according to wildcat logic, Ron Paul trying to get delegates is proof that he doesn't want to win. He's just spending millions of dollars and a year of his time with no intention of winning. But everyone else, trying to get delegates are legitimately trying to win. Thanks a lot you cleared that up, I understand now.

#2767890 - 02/25/12 01:29 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Guess what, whoever wins the nomination will be after the delegates, too in the general election. Guess what else, Obama will be trying to get delegates, too. So according to wildcat logic, Ron Paul trying to get delegates is proof that he doesn't want to win. He's just spending millions of dollars and a year of his time with no intention of winning. But everyone else, trying to get delegates are legitimately trying to win. Thanks a lot you cleared that up, I understand now.

YOU are the one that started the thread about a brokered convention. That fits in what Paul is trying to do.

Why would YOU bring up a brokered convention is you thought Paul was going to win????

Paul KNOWS he will NOT win the Republican nomination. He's ever helping Rommy by attacking everybody else.

YOU are the one that brought up the Republican Conevention and how Lincoln got it, on the THIRD ballot. The delegates move around, they are brokered if there is no clear winner. Paul knows that as do I.

Paul is helping Rommy AND picking up delegates to use them for chips.

Paul would have NEVER made that statement but he has been around the block enough to know he wasn't going to win AGAIN. But the 100% Paul suporters will NEVER see it, any more than 100% Obama supporters will ever see Obama do anything wrong.

#2767903 - 02/25/12 02:14 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

Why would YOU bring up a brokered convention is you thought Paul was going to win????
Because I post politically relevant topics in a political forum. While slim, there's a chance we could have one this year for the first time in decades.

Paul would have NEVER made that statement but he has been around the block enough to know he wasn't going to win AGAIN.

He made that statement in response to questions about why he wasn't campaigning in certain states like Florida. The campaign made a decision months ago to only campaign in states where they have a chance to pick up delegates (like every other candidate). Gingrich spent all his money in Florida and picked up zero delegates, not a good ROI.

#2767912 - 02/25/12 02:37 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Now you ARE spinning.

YOU made the thread KNOWING FULL WELL Paul would not win and the reson for a brokered convention in the hope Paul will use his delegates to help himself get something.

I first voted for president in 1972 and in all that time I have NEVER seen or read anybody say, "we're off to California to pick up delegates", we're off to Tennessee to pick up delegates." I have heard, "we're on to Chicago to win and we're off to New york to win."

Maybe it's a Libertarian thing, the picking up of degates rather than win.

#2768133 - 02/25/12 10:22 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

YOU are the one that started the thread about a brokered convention. That fits in what Paul is trying to do.

Below is the initial post about a brokered convention. The point of it was to discuss the pros and cons of a brand new candidate getting picked two months before the general election. Sorry, but it had nothing to do with Ron Paul.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

An idea that was a longshot a few weeks ago is now looking like more of a possibility. If we can't agree on one of the four remaining candidates we could get a brand new candidate at the convention. Pros and cons?

Mitch Daniels, Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan, and Chris Christie are mentioned as possible plan B's.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/17/us-usa-campaign-convention-idUSTRE81G1ZF20120217

#2768217 - 02/26/12 06:06 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Loc: Crosby, TX

Why would Paul NOT want Santorum out of the way? Romney is NOBODY'S first choice that I know of.

I think the one person left against Romney has a legitimate shot.

Team Peapicker

#2768343 - 02/26/12 10:14 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Below is the initial post about a brokered convention. The point of it was to discuss the pros and cons of a brand new candidate getting picked two months before the general election. Sorry, but it had nothing to do with Ron Paul.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

An idea that was a longshot a few weeks ago is now looking like more of a possibility. If we can't agree on one of the four remaining candidates we could get a brand new candidate at the convention. Pros and cons?

Mitch Daniels, Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan, and Chris Christie are mentioned as possible plan B's.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/17/us-usa-campaign-convention-idUSTRE81G1ZF20120217

So now YOU beleive Paul is NOT going to win so we need to START talking about a brokered convention.

I'm sure Paul will use his delegates to help himself.

Remember he's a LIFE LONG WASHINGTON POLITICAN and has a HISTORY of swiching parties when it suits him. So he's prfect for a brokered convention.

#2768366 - 02/26/12 11:45 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Dale3]
Dale3
8 Point

Paul is Romneys back pocket, You all are in such denile

Paul and Romney both knew, no way either could win, with thier records and or policys. They both knew they could not get the conservative votes.
Neither Paul or Romney are stupid, they knew the only chance they had were to go dirty, have the most money and team up.
Pual been working his Libertarian crap for over 20 years, and has barley made a dent. He didnt run this time thinking people were going to come running to him. He just hope to gain a few more. He ONLY is in it to advance his cause. Sure if something insane would have happened and he was leading he go for it, but he NEVER thought it or expected it. Him and Romney are tight and working together. Its been all about Romney getting it, and for paul bring more attention to his movement and getting whatever he's been promised by Romney out of it.
If Romney falls short on deligates Paul will be there with his for him.
Paul is only about advancing the Libertarian movement!

Romneys the republican establishment favorite son McMitt Doleney!
Together is the ONLY way either of them can get what they want.

"Why would Paul NOT want Santorum out of the way? Romney is NOBODY'S first choice that I know of.

I think the one person left against Romney has a legitimate shot. "

Also it has NOT been just Santorum, thats the point, its been EVERYONE BUT ROMNEY!
Romneys no one choice????? YOU BETTER TELL SOMEONE QUICK, cause he's leading, been leading and with special thanks to PAUL for all his help!

Paul would NEVER beat Romney in a one one one.

He knows the republican establishment would never go for him over Romney and most conservatives would not either due to his FP and cluelessness about our enemy.
Paul NOT STUPID, he knows this.
The only person who can best romney and the republican establishment is a conservative.
No way a Libertarian with Pauls views would ever. Its why he cant and never has gotten any traction and never will any time soon, if ever.
All Paul is after is a a foot in the door, some where, some how.
Give the man some credit, Pauls been working his Libertarian crap for over 20 years, he knows were he stands,he knows its barley moved, he knows its about a slice and not the whole pie, and he'll do ANYTHING for just a slice! He knows this is his last chance to just even get a slice, and he's willing to sell his soul for it

Edited by Dale3 (02/26/12 12:23 PM)

#2768405 - 02/26/12 02:08 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

Now you ARE spinning.

I first voted for president in 1972 and in all that time I have NEVER seen or read anybody say, "we're off to California to pick up delegates", we're off to Tennessee to pick up delegates." I have heard, "we're on to Chicago to win and we're off to New york to win."

No spinning. I attempted to explain (unsuccessfully) how the primaries work. Delegates are more important than popular vote. Granted, usually popular vote equals more delegates but not always. Several states have not determined their delegate allocation yet. It is quite possible, Romney wins Michigan on Tuesday but Santorum will pick up more delegates if he carries more districts. I'm not sure I like it or fully understand it but I didn't make the rules. If no candidate gets the 1140 then the delegates are free to switch candidates after the first vote and a brand new person could even get the nod.

Since you don't remember, Reagan was after the delegates in 1976 trying to unseat Ford.

#2768434 - 02/26/12 03:40 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Now you ARE spinning.

No spinning. I attempted to explain (unsuccessfully) how the primaries work. Delegates are more important than popular vote. Granted, usually popular vote equals more delegates but not always. Several states have not determined their delegate allocation yet. It is quite possible, Romney wins Michigan on Tuesday but Santorum will pick up more delegates if he carries more districts. I'm not sure I like it or fully understand it but I didn't make the rules. If no candidate gets the 1140 then the delegates are free to switch candidates after the first vote and a brand new person could even get the nod.

Since you don't remember, Reagan was after the delegates in 1976 trying to unseat Ford.

I know full well how it all works way more than you think. I was with the delegates from Kentucky in 2004 at the Republican National Convention in New Your City. KY Gov Ernie Fletcher send me over there as one and I reported from there. Ever though I could not offically vote I still have all my RNC Madison Square Garden passes and my Secret Service clearance rating. Ask Crappie Luck and Ruger if I didn't email them stuff from over there. Since I was not an offical news journalist I was not allowed to use the press room so I could not post on here or any blog live but I was allowed to email f a few family and friends and I did post about it here on TnDeer before I left and after I got back.

So please don't try to explain it to me, your not ever doing that good a job of it.

What you can't get around your head is Paul did give up and gave his game away. Candidates do not publicly use the word delegates except at the time of the conventions. He used it at only the THIRD primary in FEBRUARY, hell they just started. The RNC is not until August.

Paul can't keep coming in 3rd and 4th and get anywhere enough "delegates" to win anything but he can get enough to use as chips to help himself. If there is no clear winner then he can use them to either get his politices on the RNC platform or something like the VP for himself.

Ever the most simple person knows full well someone can't keep coming in 3rd and 4th place and win it all without a deal. THAT's what Paul is after.

#2768482 - 02/26/12 05:38 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

What you can't get around your head is Paul did give up and gave his game away. Candidates do not publicly use the word delegates except at the time of the conventions. He used it at only the THIRD primary in FEBRUARY, hell they just started. The RNC is not until August.

Paul can't keep coming in 3rd and 4th and get anywhere enough "delegates" to win anything but he can get enough to use as chips to help himself. If there is no clear winner then he can use them to either get his politices on the RNC platform or something like the VP for himself.

Ever the most simple person knows full well someone can't keep coming in 3rd and 4th place and win it all without a deal. THAT's what Paul is after.

Paul has had the same delegate strategy since 2008 and he's been saying it in interviews the entire campaign but if you like to think you've figured out his game in February - you got him.

If no one gets the required delegates, then no one wins without a deal. If Newt and Rick's sugar daddies continue to support them til the convention then the unthinkable is looking more likely.

#2769440 - 02/27/12 05:07 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
B.D.
8 Point

I think Dale and Wildcat are dead on the money. Now there's something you never thought you'd hear me say, right? \:\)

Check this out:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb...n?newsfeed=true

Quote:
In states that have already voted via a caucus system – rather than a straight primary ballot – Ron Paul supporters are conducting an intensively organised ground effort aimed at securing as many convention delegate slots as possible, often in numbers that far outweigh the number of actual votes that Paul got in the ballot.

And note stuff like this, that nobody's noticing:

Quote:
However, the Ron Paul campaign itself, which is at pains to point out their strategy is entirely within the rules, has released information from Colorado that shows how they hope it could be playing out.

In one precinct in Larimer County there were 13 delegate slots available. Santorum had won the precinct's vote by 23 votes to Paul's 13, with five votes going to Romney. But Paul supporters took all the delegate slots.

In a Delta County precinct all five delegate slots went to Paul supporters though he came behind Santorum and Romney in the popular vote. In a Pueblo County precinct Paul supporters got the two delegate slots available despite the fact Paul finished fourth in the precinct's vote with just two actual votes.

I wonder how much the people who voted for someone else in those caucuses respect that strategy. \:\)

Anyway, this sums it up:

Quote:
The fact is that Paul's delegate strategy would have little impact in a normal Republican race. The system is set up with enough winner-take-all and primary states to ensure that Paul's strategy has no chance whatsoever of picking up enough delegates via this method to actually win the nomination himself.

But it all changes when the Republican race becomes protracted and closely fought. If Santorum, Romney and Newt Gingrich all stay in the race beyond Super Tuesday and start to amass their own large piles of delegates, then reaching the vital 1,144 delegates needed to win starts to become more difficult.

If that scenario plays out – something most experts see as possible but unlikely – then Paul's delegate total becomes crucial. He could become a kingmaker, agreeing to throw his hefty delegate total behind one candidate who could then claim victory.

As a candidate with a very clearly defined agenda – on foreign policy, the role of government and fiscal issues, especially the Federal Reserve – Paul could demand a high policy price for that support.

However, even if a nominee emerges prior to the convention, Paul's delegates will still be important. If he amasses a loyal and large delegate total he will able to secure a high-profile, possibly primetime, speaking slot.

In addition to Paul's own delegate campaign, there are persistent rumors that Ron Paul supporters are claiming to support Romney and then working to get elected to the convention as Romney delegates (but actually Paul "stealth delegates."):

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/02/16/is-ron-paul-still-running.html

If this is true, Paul could be supporting Romney because he has "sleepers" in place who will get elected to the convention based on Romney's success, but then support Ron Paul once they get there.

This all strikes me as very dirty pool, but technically they're playing within their Party's primary rules, so I guess they can't be blamed for using every advantage they can. Still, I doubt anybody but Paul's supporters will be very happy if this works out as planned.

bd

#2769746 - 02/27/12 09:35 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: B.D.]
Koyodiak
8 Point

Loc: Kodak, TN

B.D. I've been hearing those rumours too.

#2770645 - 02/28/12 10:06 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Koyodiak]
de novo
10 Point

http://www.youtube.com/ancapchase

The above interview answers the questions that Santorum and his fellow conspiracy nuts have asked this week.
1. There is no agreement between Paul and Romney.
2. There has been no discussion of a Rand VP and Ron doesn't think it would work.
3. Ron Paul will continue to campaign in states with caucuses and proportional delegate allotments because there is a greater ROI. ( shhh! he's still after delegates)
4. Paul will not campaign any differently in Virginia than in any other state because he refuses to change his message or pander to individual states.

#2770781 - 02/29/12 06:36 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Dale3
8 Point

And what you think Romney or Paul going to admit they got something going on???? Really?

I dont know if you dont hear or dont want to hear or you just get all your info from Pauly sights and never look anywhere else or what, THIS DIDNT START WITH SANTORUM. The talk about it didnt START with Santorum, its been talked about for a LONG tiME now, way before Santorum.
REASON BEING IS BECAUSE HOW OBVIOUS ITs BEEN!
The MSM wouldnt go there, worried it may hurt thier sweat Romney boy, it wasnt until with Santorum the other night, that even the MSM knew they could no longer ignore, to obvious, to much talk about it.
EVEN they get its not only Santorum. INFACT THATS WHATS IT ALL ABOUT! Paul NEVER attacks Romney, He spends his money and ads on attacking whoever romney is.
You have either never watched any of the debates or if you did you must have had those blinders of yours on, cause paulys apprently are the only ones who havent noticed!
You have not paid attention to who and what ads Paul was spending his time and money on.
Its the MITT and MITT show, when it come to these things and Paul, has been EVERTIME WAY before Santorum.
There wouldnt even be anything to talk about if it had just been Santorum, thats the whole Point, the whole Story, whoever Mitts after so is paul and never each other.
It makes sense why Mitt does it, or the others Mitt, makes no sense unless something up, why Paul does whatever Mitt does and never attacks Mitt
HELLO Mitt is and has been the front runner, you got to take him down.
The conservatives torn between Newt and Santorum will not vote for Paul, and Paul not stupid, he KNOWS THIS. It why his numbers dont change, its why he targets the young and dumb and full of rum.
Heres what you got sense you dont get it

You got the republican establishment who NEVER want a conservitive so their backing McMItt Doleney

Then you got the conservatives Newt and Santorum,which the Consevatives are spilting thier votes backing. They are Anti-Romney and Anti-Paul.
( you can scream all you want thier not conservatives,but they are, its why the republican establishment doesnt want them, thier just not what Paul calls a conservative)

Then you got Ron Paul the libertarian anarchist who backers want to beleave he's the most conservative of all.

If there was just one Newt, or Santorum or whoever conservative left right now, it be all over!
Paul and Romney couldnt spend enough money or throw enough dirt.

#2776113 - 03/05/12 06:08 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

Lots of delegate talk this year!

“We want to come out of Tuesday with more delegates… than anyone else,” a Romney adviser said. “We’re going to try very hard to win and we’re going to take a step back on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning and see the path forward clearly.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73628.html#ixzz1oHdNFbeQ

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-...7ctsR_blog.html

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-rick-santorum-michigan-delegates-20120302,0,5982180.story

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/ballot-...-the-deep-south

AP -
"Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has told supporters in Ohio that he thinks he can win delegates in the Buckeye State. Gingrich spoke Saturday morning at the Back Porch Saloon, a restaurant-bar in suburban West Chester Township, about 25 miles north of Cincinnati.”

#2776157 - 03/05/12 07:00 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Lots of delegate talk this year!

“We want to come out of Tuesday with more delegates… than anyone else,” a Romney adviser said. “We’re going to try very hard to win and we’re going to take a step back on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning and see the path forward clearly.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73628.html#ixzz1oHdNFbeQ

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-...7ctsR_blog.html

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-rick-santorum-michigan-delegates-20120302,0,5982180.story

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/ballot-...-the-deep-south

AP -
"Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has told supporters in Ohio that he thinks he can win delegates in the Buckeye State. Gingrich spoke Saturday morning at the Back Porch Saloon, a restaurant-bar in suburban West Chester Township, about 25 miles north of Cincinnati.”

LOL!!!!!

This is MARCH, the day before SUPER TUESDAY. It's NOT the first week of FEBRUARY when Paul gave up winning and went after as many delegates he still can get. Paul is really pilling up the delegates with all those 4th place finishes. Oh, he came in 2 nd place in the FAR LEFT STATE OF WASHINGTON.

If Paul comes in 4th place again tomorrow all across the board then he will be (drum roll) 4th place in number of delegates . If he stays in there after tomorrow than he's an old fool who has nothing left to do.

#2776357 - 03/05/12 08:51 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

Candidates do not publicly use the word delegates except at the time of the conventions.

False

This is MARCH, the day before SUPER TUESDAY. It's NOT the first week of FEBRUARY when Paul gave up winning and went after as many delegates he still can get. Paul is really pilling up the delegates with all those 4th place finishes. Oh, he came in 2 nd place in the FAR LEFT STATE OF WASHINGTON.

If Paul comes in 4th place again tomorrow all across the board then he will be (drum roll) 4th place in number of delegates . If he stays in there after tomorrow than he's an old fool who has nothing left to do.

Mentioning the word delegate in February is bad; mentioning the word delegate in March is good. Lol

To date, Paul has more top 2 finishes than Gingrich and Newt has more 4th places than any other candidate remaining.

#2776441 - 03/05/12 10:18 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Candidates do not publicly use the word delegates except at the time of the conventions.

False

Mentioning the word delegate in February is bad; mentioning the word delegate in March is good. Lol

To date, Paul has more top 2 finishes than Gingrich and Newt has more 4th places than any other candidate remaining.

You cannot count Canada.

Look over them again. Name the top 2 finishes Paul made. Washington is one and in Virginia is TOMORROW where there is only TWO of them listed. The numbers do NOT add up to what you are saying. Ever Fox & Friends were talking about this very thing this morning so who is spreading false stuff now. You have been since you've been here. Paul's NUMBERS place him in 4th place. Tomorrow night he will still be in 4th place.

Paul now has 25 delegates, he's in the 4th place. Paul is ahead of only one person, Huntsman who droped out with 2 delegates. Just think, backing a person who only ahead of a person that has ALREADY DROPED OUT. Unless Paul can move up tomorrow he's lost AGAIN like always.

You are a Libertarian not a Conservative.

#2776993 - 03/06/12 12:54 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

You cannot count Canada.

Look over them again. Name the top 2 finishes Paul made. Washington is one and in Virginia is TOMORROW where there is only TWO of them listed. The numbers do NOT add up to what you are saying. Ever Fox & Friends were talking about this very thing this morning so who is spreading false stuff now. You have been since you've been here. Paul's NUMBERS place him in 4th place. Tomorrow night he will still be in 4th place.

Paul now has 25 delegates, he's in the 4th place. Paul is ahead of only one person, Huntsman who droped out with 2 delegates. Just think, backing a person who only ahead of a person that has ALREADY DROPED OUT. Unless Paul can move up tomorrow he's lost AGAIN like always.

It is a full time job correcting your errors in this forum. You are either misinformed or have a habit of giving misinformation.

According to AP.

Paul has placed 2nd in New Hampshire, Minnesota, Washington, and Maine.

Gingrich won South Carolina and has placed second in Florida and Nevada.

Paul has 4 fourth place finishes - (AZ, CO, FL, and SC).

Newt has finished 4th in WA, MI, ME, and MN. He came in fourth or even fifth in NH and IA. He was unable to get on the ballot in VA or MO.

There are half a dozen delegate totals out now. No one actually knows the true delegate count. Several states have held a primary but will disburse their delegates at a later caucus.

#2777115 - 03/06/12 02:51 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

You cannot count Canada.

It is a full time job correcting your errors in this forum. You are either misinformed or have a habit of giving misinformation.

According to AP.

Paul has placed 2nd in New Hampshire, Minnesota, Washington, and Maine.

Gingrich won South Carolina and has placed second in Florida and Nevada.

Paul has 4 fourth place finishes - (AZ, CO, FL, and SC).

Newt has finished 4th in WA, MI, ME, and MN. He came in fourth or even fifth in NH and IA. He was unable to get on the ballot in VA or MO.

There are half a dozen delegate totals out now. No one actually knows the true delegate count. Several states have held a primary but will disburse their delegates at a later caucus.

So now YOU are stating they don't ever know how many delegates any of them have.

You will do and say just about ANYTHING to try to help Paul.

Tonight Paul will still be in 4th place.

#2777183 - 03/06/12 04:36 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

False.

Look over them again. Name the top 2 finishes Paul made. Washington is one and in Virginia is TOMORROW where there is only TWO of them listed.

False.

The numbers do NOT add up to what you are saying. Ever Fox & Friends were talking about this very thing this morning so who is spreading false stuff now. You have been since you've been here. Paul's NUMBERS place him in 4th place. Tomorrow night he will still be in 4th place.

Mostly False.
Their is no official delegate count at this moment. Santorum won MN and MO but no delegates have been awarded. Several states have not officially decided how the delegates will be awarded.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/calculator/

Half truth - which is still a lie, but it's an improvement.

#2777222 - 03/06/12 05:18 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

False.

Look over them again. Name the top 2 finishes Paul made. Washington is one and in Virginia is TOMORROW where there is only TWO of them listed.

False.

The numbers do NOT add up to what you are saying. Ever Fox & Friends were talking about this very thing this morning so who is spreading false stuff now. You have been since you've been here. Paul's NUMBERS place him in 4th place. Tomorrow night he will still be in 4th place.

Mostly False.
Their is no official delegate count at this moment. Santorum won MN and MO but no delegates have been awarded. Several states have not officially decided how the delegates will be awarded.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/calculator/

Half truth - which is still a lie, but it's an improvement.

So you are calling me a lier???

There is no way on Gods earth you are a Conservative. You use too many words on here that are found on the Libertarian talk forums. Most of us talked about you because you didn't fit any Conservative we know about. Some of thought you might be a liberal impersoning a Conservative and you very well might be, it's been done on here several times. You have posted that you was not a huge libertarian but you have never said you was a Conservative.

You attacked Rommey every chance you got until some of us pointed out how Paul was playing up to Rommy and now you are doing the same.

No mater what you do Paul will ALWAYS be in 4th place in a 4 man run.

You are just upset because Paul is a loser, like he's always been.

#2777304 - 03/06/12 07:01 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

You have a series of posts with false and inaccurate information. If it is intentional, then it is a lie. If it's not intentional, then you are misinformed.
We don't need misinformed "conservatives" trying to debate others. It makes our cause look bad.

Who is this "us" you mention again sitting around discussing the political posts?

You have a series of arguments over the last few months where different posters batter you with facts and you always turn to the "you are a liberal, Obama supporter" as a defense. Not a very sound debate strategy. I've posted several times about being conservative, another inconvenient fact for you. But I fully expect you to say I'm a liberal at our next debate.

I'm not sore or upset at all, I feel any of the 4 candidates should beat Obama in a few months. I just pick Romney as my second choice. It has nothing to do with anything you pointed out.

#2777372 - 03/06/12 07:51 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Loc: Crosby, TX

Team Peapicker

#2777376 - 03/06/12 07:53 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: TX300mag]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Originally Posted By: TX300mag

\:D

#2777613 - 03/07/12 12:45 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

...I feel any of the 4 candidates should beat Obama in a few months. I just pick Romney as my second choice. It has nothing to do with anything you pointed out.

Delegate count, Wildcat and Romney aside for a moment, do you really believe the statement highlighted above?

#2777614 - 03/07/12 12:50 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

You have a series of posts with false and inaccurate information. If it is intentional, then it is a lie. If it's not intentional, then you are misinformed.
We don't need misinformed "conservatives" trying to debate others. It makes our cause look bad.

Who is this "us" you mention again sitting around discussing the political posts?

You have a series of arguments over the last few months where different posters batter you with facts and you always turn to the "you are a liberal, Obama supporter" as a defense. Not a very sound debate strategy. I've posted several times about being conservative, another inconvenient fact for you. But I fully expect you to say I'm a liberal at our next debate.

I'm not sore or upset at all, I feel any of the 4 candidates should beat Obama in a few months. I just pick Romney as my second choice. It has nothing to do with anything you pointed out.

BS. Now you are saying the post YOU made on the other thread was wrong. Once again you are NO conservative. I went back over the PM's and 14 of us agree that you are not one.

You have now swiched behind Rommy once several of us posted how much Raul supported him something YOU kept posting was a lie and not hapening. Go look at the other thread. As for Obama supporters, I only do that to real Obama supporters. They only make a token anti-Obama post once it a while to try to fool others and they are never strong anti-Obama posts in any shape or forum, not ever a link to a strong anti-Obama story.

Sorry son but you only fool other Paul supporters.

If you want to we can go back and bring up all your posts and that would be no problem since 90% of you links and videos are from Paul Centeral, and hey, OTHER people pointed that out in THEIR posts.

As for that any 4 candidates statement you made, all you are really doing here is trying to protect your bets and trying to get out of backing Paul. Now that Raul has no chance of winning you want to throw your suport behind anyone after attacking them all except Paul. I've stated from day one that my main goal was to get Obama out of the White House and as far as I can remember I've only attacked two, Obama and Paul.

#2778108 - 03/07/12 02:12 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

BS. Now you are saying the post YOU made on the other thread was wrong. Once again you are NO conservative. I went back over the PM's and 14 of us agree that you are not one.

Is this the Tndeer political forum secret inner circle you speak of? I have never PM'd someone on a political topic here, I just say what's on my mind in the public forum.

You have now swiched behind Rommy once several of us posted how much Raul supported him something YOU kept posting was a lie and not hapening. Go look at the other thread. As for Obama supporters, I only do that to real Obama supporters. They only make a token anti-Obama post once it a while to try to fool others and they are never strong anti-Obama posts in any shape or forum, not ever a link to a strong anti-Obama story.

I haven't switched anything. I voted for and have given money to Ron Paul. I get a campaign newsletter on a regular basis (and it's been critical of Romney many times.) Hopefully, you do not honestly believe your opinion on any matter sways my opinion in any way.

Name someone who infiltrates this forum as a conservative making anti_obama posts in the hopes of tricking you. You can now add delusional to misinformed.

If you want to we can go back and bring up all your posts and that would be no problem since 90% of you links and videos are from Paul Centeral, and hey, OTHER people pointed that out in THEIR posts.

As for that any 4 candidates statement you made, all you are really doing here is trying to protect your bets and trying to get out of backing Paul. Now that Raul has no chance of winning you want to throw your suport behind anyone after attacking them all except Paul. I've stated from day one that my main goal was to get Obama out of the White House and as far as I can remember I've only attacked two, Obama and Paul.

I would guess 90% of my links come from Drudge, Politico, or Newsmax. I don't have time to visit the libertarian forums you were talking about yesterday.
However, I have made 2nd, 3rd, and last choices for remaining candidates. Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum are exactly alike. They will have the same people in Cabinet positions and follow the same policies. At this time, I believe Romney has a better chance of beating Obama. Again, you conspiracy theory opinions are irrelevant to me.

#2778116 - 03/07/12 02:18 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Is this the Tndeer political forum secret inner circle you speak of? I have never PM'd someone on a political topic here, I just say what's on my mind in the public forum.

...So, speaking of that...clean out your box Wildcat - it's full.

#2778131 - 03/07/12 02:29 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: TennesseeRains]
de novo
10 Point

...So, speaking of that...clean out your box Wildcat - it's full.

I knew it...

#2778139 - 03/07/12 02:48 PM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I haven't switched anything. I voted for and have given money to Ron Paul. I get a campaign newsletter on a regular basis (and it's been critical of Romney many times.) Hopefully, you do not honestly believe your opinion on any matter sways my opinion in any way.

Name someone who infiltrates this forum as a conservative making anti_obama posts in the hopes of tricking you. You can now add delusional to misinformed.

I would guess 90% of my links come from Drudge, Politico, or Newsmax. I don't have time to visit the libertarian forums you were talking about yesterday.
However, I have made 2nd, 3rd, and last choices for remaining candidates. Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum are exactly alike. They will have the same people in Cabinet positions and follow the same policies. At this time, I believe Romney has a better chance of beating Obama. Again, you conspiracy theory opinions are irrelevant to me.

Sorry but I really don't beleive half of what you posted. First off the people are well known by almost all the others on here about how they played as someone else posting under a different name. Ask around, they all know who I'm talking about. You didn't posted on here until after it happened. 3 of them are banned now and 2 others nobody has heard from them any more so we HAVE had our share of impersonators.

About the PM,s sometimes we exchange PM's when we want to or someone catches another. Most of my PM's in my box are from other people and I just carry on other PM's witrh the same people in each thread rather than PM the same person with a different PM. Some of my PM's are running between 16 and 30 on the same thread. There is one going on now between me and a friend on here about my new 22 rifle and it's running 3 pages now.

As for the libertarian forums. To everybody, go do a search and then read some of those forums then come back and re-read Novocaine's posts, it's easy to see where they came from.In fact most of Paul's supporters go there when not on Pauls forums. Go ahead and see it with your own eyes.

As for YOU swiching, please go back though your posts to Oct of 2011 and read though Jan 2012. Then tell us you didn't swich. I have never seen anybody attack Rommy and then turn around a few days after it was pointed out that Paul supported Rommy.

#2779915 - 03/09/12 07:00 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Wildcat]
Dale3
8 Point

Its was Anti-Mitt from start, from the paulys,its was everyone no one even better than the worse Mitt, until Paul got exposed for being on the Mitt team, NOW its GOOD mitt, now Romneycare ok,now moderate romney ok,now non conservative Mitts ok,Mitts my second CHOICE!
OMG no wonder MItts your second choice, its flip flop like the wind
ROFLMAO, stop stop stop PLEASE your KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dale3 (03/09/12 07:06 AM)

#2779967 - 03/09/12 08:05 AM Re: Why Does Ron Paul Always get Romney's Back? [Re: Dale3]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Its was Anti-Mitt from start, from the paulys,its was everyone no one even better than the worse Mitt, until Paul got exposed for being on the Mitt team, NOW its GOOD mitt, now Romneycare ok,now moderate romney ok,now non conservative Mitts ok,Mitts my second CHOICE!
OMG no wonder MItts your second choice, its flip flop like the wind
ROFLMAO, stop stop stop PLEASE your KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, all we have to do is go back though his posts and it's right there. I doubt he could ever see it until SOME OF US pointed it out on here.

Look at the thread about Paul getting rommy's back. Follow the date and time stamps of the posts. That thread went from 2-22 though 2-29, on the same day the warming up to Rommy thread was started. Of course we're just a bunch of hecks who can't see that.

Page all of 8 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Deadeye14, woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
9 registered (cbarron19, Uncle Jesse, ewc, whackmaster, mossyoakmantn, RxHunter, 1 invisible) and 59 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88945 Topics
1040475 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.271 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.