Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#2759316 - 02/17/12 09:45 AM Conservatives Lose on Health Care Mandate
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

The recent Obama mandate for universal birth control gave the Republicans an opportunity to fight for individual liberty -- and they missed it by a mile. Instead of attacking government-imposed health care as a violation of liberty, they only selected a minute fraction of the leviathan and subjected it to very narrow criteria. This was an opportunity to aim for the heart of ObamaCare, but critics asked for only a minor adjustment -- and that's all they got.

Government-mandated health care violates individual rights. The objection of Catholics to the funding of contraceptives is just one example of forcing people to fund and purchase the government health plan. Catholics aren't the only ones who have rights. Everyone -- including atheists -- has rights. Any basis or no basis at all is legitimate to opt out of funding and accepting a government program. There is no reason why an employer, or better yet, an employee can't contract for the exact health insurance that fits his or her needs.

The recent uproar by conservatives gives the impression that only the religious have rights. How about the rest of us? What if an agnostic objects to elements of government laws on principle or, perhaps, merely on a prudential basis? There was an opportunity to put the whole government-run health care system in the crosshairs. A passionate defense of individual rights could have and should have been the emphasis. But this wasn't important to conservatives. What did they do instead?

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/02/conservatives_lose_on_health_care_mandate.html

#2759345 - 02/17/12 10:11 AM Re: Conservatives Lose on Health Care Mandate [Re: Crappie Luck]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
I know ya'll are tired of me saying it but they all need to be voted out. We have had enough election cycles already to dispose of all the trash in office. Shame on us. We deserve what we voted for. Odds are Obomber is going to be re-elected; if he isn't we are stuck with Romney. America has seen it's best days and we are the ones to blame. Sleep well, America. You are responsible for the failure of my country and I am disgraced by the condition we are leaving it in for our Grandkids. America will be burning soon, just like Greece.

#2759366 - 02/17/12 10:32 AM Re: Conservatives Lose on Health Care Mandate [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

Loc: San Antonio, TX

^
|
This.

Searching for the elusive "Moderate" liberal and "Moderate" Muslim. Maybe they are hiding together...

Μολων λαβε

#2759385 - 02/17/12 10:50 AM Re: Conservatives Lose on Health Care Mandate [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
I know ya'll are tired of me saying it but they all need to be voted out. We have had enough election cycles already to dispose of all the trash in office. Shame on us. We deserve what we voted for. Odds are Obomber is going to be re-elected; if he isn't we are stuck with Romney. America has seen it's best days and we are the ones to blame. Sleep well, America. You are responsible for the failure of my country and I am disgraced by the condition we are leaving it in for our Grandkids. America will be burning soon, just like Greece.

I will never get tired of hearing you say that.

Anyone ever think that maybe some of the Pubs aren't as opposed to Obamacare as they claim they are?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#2759389 - 02/17/12 10:54 AM Re: Conservatives Lose on Health Care Mandate [Re: de novo]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

The GOP is opposed to anything that makes them take a stand for something.

You have to at lest admire the DNC for being motived for something. They may be wrong, but they are wrong with a mission.

The GOP just wants to be left alone to secure their office and get re-elected. I think the one thing that pisses them off more than than the DNC creating all these waves is US expected THEM to do something about it.

They'd be more than happy to allow the Marxists to run unchecked if it wouldn't effect their re-election.

#2759422 - 02/17/12 11:27 AM Re: Conservatives Lose on Health Care Mandate [Re: de novo]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Novocaine

I will never get tired of hearing you say that.

Anyone ever think that maybe some of the Pubs aren't as opposed to Obamacare as they claim they are?

They could care less because they are going to still have the best care while we're stuck with gubment doctors.

#2759533 - 02/17/12 12:54 PM Re: Conservatives Lose on Health Care Mandate [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

That reminds me. Think I need to send my Rep. (Diane Black) another e-mail. Feet, meet fire.

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#2759538 - 02/17/12 12:56 PM Re: Conservatives Lose on Health Care Mandate [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

And what are you going to do in the general election???

#2759544 - 02/17/12 01:04 PM Re: Conservatives Lose on Health Care Mandate [Re: Wildcat]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat

And what are you going to do in the general election???

i'M gOnNa cLAIm I
aM nOT foR oBAmA.

#2759574 - 02/17/12 01:31 PM Re: Conservatives Lose on Health Care Mandate [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Anonymous TnDeer Old Timer
Unregistered

I know you all think government-imposed healthcare is a violation of liberty and I would be all for not doing it as long as you sign a waiver and the medical profession does not have to help you if you don't have the insurance or the money to pay for their services. In other words, if you get shot and you don't have insurance and you don't have the money then you're going to die. If you all are cool with that then I am.
Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
camohunter3, mtd, Higdon23, blcmrr2008, Urban deer Hunter
13270 Registered Users
Who's Online
145 registered (FLTENNHUNTER1, Rebel, mossyhorns300, landman, swami, Model70Man, 13 invisible) and 183 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13270 Members
42 Forums
92978 Topics
1086465 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.234 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.