Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 7 « First<34567
Topic Options
#3060492 - 12/02/12 09:53 PM Re: benny skiles is a punk [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Southern Sportsman
6 Point

Loc: West TN

The man may be a great person but business is business. You pay someone to perform a service, and if they don't perform that service in a reasonable time (and 5 years is NOT reasonable by any logical person's standards), then people are going to talk about it. Word-of-mouth is a very old way of doing things -- the internet has just made it easier.

I'm sure that the 2 people on here defending him are doing so because they know and like him personally, and that's understandable. But if he is 5 years behind, he needs to stop taking in new animals until he gets caught up rather than telling people "I'm working on it now." My taxidermist quit taking birds years ago because he couldn't keep up with them and his deer, so now he just does deer. Taxidermy takes time, but when you have to wait half a decade to see your animal again -- I would find a new taxidermist. . . immediately.

#3063105 - 12/04/12 01:38 PM Re: benny skiles is a punk [Re: jhook]
RAFI
10 Point

Loc: Tn

Originally Posted By: jhook
I just learned of this site and the comments you made about Benny this week.First off,if you have a problem with him,go and see him yourself,and I'm sure he will do whatever needs to be done to fix it.As far as his character goes,there is not a more honest and caring man in the world.He always puts friends and family first.You may have a problem getting your bird back,but this whole thing just doesn't sound right to me.I have known him for 50+ years,and I have a home full of work he has done.His work is A NUMBER ONE,and yes it takes a while to get it back,but it is well worth the wait.He is 75 years old,and does all the work by himself,and you don't know the many,many nights he is working until 1 or 2 in the morning,plus in the past few years taking care of relatives that have been gravely ill.Before you judge a man's character,you need to know the man yourself,and do what he does.You have a whole chain of crap started now with your comments,and there is freedom of speech.You can say what you want,but where I come from you see the man face to face,not post chicken crap comments about him.I can give you hundreds of names of very satisfied cutomers from all over Tennessee and other states as well,that will tell you otherwise.As for yor comments,and the trickle down effect.If it loks like chicken crap,and smells like chicken crap,then it must be.

i have talked to him many times and he has lied to me almost eveytime.that is what pissed me off more than the time.I shouldnt have called him a punk but dont like man lying to me over and over.I doubt I ever get the bird.oh well

#3063160 - 12/04/12 02:04 PM Re: benny skiles is a punk [Re: RAFI]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Why is it the people defending him keep saying, "yeah it takes a while, but....". 5 years is not a while. 5 years is a long freaking time for anything. I spent 5 years in college. And, I agree with what someone else said...he needs to STOP taking on work!!!

#3063163 - 12/04/12 02:06 PM Re: benny skiles is a punk [Re: BlountArrow]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

...And, RAFI - you will never see that bird again. Let me just go ahead and confirm your suspicions for you.

#3063376 - 12/04/12 04:05 PM Re: benny skiles is a punk [Re: BlountArrow]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

just saw this rafi. Benny is 75 years old????????? never knew that.

Page 7 of 7 « First<34567

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
39 registered (Master Chief, wrcox, Deer Assassin, Jcov, scn, jlmustain, 5 invisible) and 83 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93197 Topics
1088529 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.109 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.