Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#2721780 - 01/14/12 08:30 PM Re: Whats the best nascar race [Re: pressfit]
HatchieLuvr
8 Point

Loc: Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: pressfit
Talladaga.. 1986 I think.. Bill Elliot was a lap down,when he came into the pits, then lapped the field and won the race.. Now I wont watch it.. nascar has ruined racing with all of their bull [censored] rules... I would rather eat a bucket of green persimmions that watch the crap now..

X2, NASCRAP is now a JOKE and more about the corporate sponsors, tv star racers and tv ratings than about the racing. Every racer of the last 20 years couldnt hold a candle to the REAL racers like Cale, Richard, Bobby and David!!!

"Equal cars"

Edited by HatchieLuvr (01/14/12 08:31 PM)

#2757383 - 02/15/12 01:23 PM Re: Whats the best nascar race [Re: danny1975]
Longhunter
10 Point

Loc: Brewstertown in Morgan County...

NASCAR is lame. Too many rules and too much safety equipment. It was cool when dudes raced convertibles wearing white t-shirts, no helmets, and cigs dangling from their lips.
#2759021 - 02/16/12 09:35 PM Re: Whats the best nascar race [Re: Longhunter]
spitndrum
Team TLBB Woodpile Boys
Non-Typical

Loc: Cumberland Plateau

One that is not telivised \:D

#2761779 - 02/19/12 06:56 PM Re: Whats the best nascar race [Re: IceMann]
timberjack86
12 Point

Loc: Grundy county

Originally Posted By: IceMann
Talladaga, but not the same without Dale E.or Dale J.
I sure miss #3 \:\(

#2770022 - 02/28/12 10:10 AM Re: Whats the best nascar race [Re: NICHOLS3]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: NICHOLS3
Cant remember the years but the talladega race where Earnhardt came back to win from the middle of the pack in the last few laps and the Bristol night race where he bumped Labonte for the win.

Two of my fav's for sure also him winning Daytona, and and the one where he flipped the car over, got out, saw it stil had all four wheels on it and got back in it and finished the race! Never seen that before, but that was Dale.
We use to have pit passes to all races. Was at Bristol win he won that night.
We got to be in victory lane that night. One of my best memoreys ever! I got to meet many of them. It always amazed me how they let you and still do with pit passes go any where you want, do what you want. I have the rear end whole panel sheet metal, off Kerry Earnhardts Supercut car he ran in Nashville last time, when Bodine put him in the wall.
We went to garage when he did, they cut it off, and i asked if i could have it, they said sure. So the rest of the night, im carrying around a 6ft rear end panel. Wife thought i was nuts, people were offering me money for it, and wanting to have thier picture taken with it. My wife would just shake her head.
Wife asked me "what in the world did i think i was going to do with that?" I told her its an Earnhardt, its going on wall in the rec room.
She said no way, i must be kidding.
Its still on the wall, i won! Looks dang awsome over in the race corner.LOL
That dont happen very offten, but i didnt give in on that fight. You got to have your priorities ya know!
Just not the same sense we lost Dale, still watch, but we dont go like we use to to the races

Edited by Dale3 (02/28/12 10:14 AM)

#2796848 - 03/29/12 10:23 PM Re: Whats the best nascar race [Re: Dale3]
NCST8GUY
6 Point

Loc: Raleigh, NC

All star race. A few are out of the ordinary. Even best of.

I was at the race SR died at. Until I heard those words, that was actually one of the best races I'd ever seen live.

#2813080 - 04/22/12 08:29 PM Re: Whats the best nascar race [Re: danny1975]
west_tn_hunter
8 Point

Loc: Chester County

Richmond night race.
#2949213 - 09/19/12 03:38 PM Re: Whats the best nascar race [Re: west_tn_hunter]
BigAl
16 Point

Loc: Fayette County, TN US

Mine was this year's night race at Bristol. I go to the night race every year and also the fall talladega race.

But I finally got to see the driver that I pull for win a race (Denny Hamlin).

#2962349 - 09/30/12 12:36 AM Re: Whats the best nascar race [Re: danny1975]
Witness
4 Point

Loc: Cleveland, Tn

I’m wondering why anti’s are posting on this thread, or why they are even viewing this forum…don’t we get enough of that from the butt holes against guns & hunting??? Why come over here & pick on us car guys…is your life really that boring? [censored]????

That being said…I LOVE NASCAR!!! I don’t Love Everything about it, but I don’t like getting old either…SO…[censored] is a guy to do?? First, Thank GOD First Thing Every morning you wake up & Be Grateful for what you have…no matter what…it could definitely be worse…

Ok, Sorry (not really) for the little rant…I like the old days too, when men were men & fought ill handling, heavy cars on bias-ply tires & nobody knew what “aero” meant. Dick Trickle (what a name…worse than “A Boy Named Sue”…if you’re too young to know what that means, it’s an old Johnny Cash song…you can probably youtube it) had a cigarette lighter in all of his cars so he could smoke on caution laps, I can’t recall the guy’s name that always wore “wing tip shoes”…Junie Donlavey gave a lot of guys a first chance that went on to make their mark, JR Johnson talks so slow & thick you might think he’s a little slow, dumb & stupid…you’d be WAY off the mark there…I could go on, but won’t. I LOVE the TV series that JR did…I think it was called “Back in The Day”

Back to the original question…my favorite NASCAR race? I’ve loved them all, yeah I’ve been to a few, I was a Big E fan, didn’t watch for a while after his death. Now, I watch all & pull for “Little E”…aka JR, but I like a lot of the guys & wish them all well. I use to hate some…But, as GOD has graced me with a few more years, & dare I say some perspective & maybe a tiny sprinkle of wisdom I’ve learned hate only affects me, So I don’t do that…now there might be a guy or two that I don’t particularly care for from time to time, but as a former racer myself I certainly understand “heat of the moment quotes & statements”…and I don’t just watch the races I keep up with the NASCAR world by other means every day.

#2962352 - 09/30/12 12:48 AM Re: Whats the best nascar race [Re: Witness]
Witness
4 Point

Loc: Cleveland, Tn

I’m wondering why anti’s are posting on this thread, or why they are even viewing this forum…don’t we get enough of that from the butt holes against guns & hunting??? Why come over here & pick on us car guys…is your life really that boring? [censored]????

That being said…I LOVE NASCAR!!! I don’t Love Everything about it, but I don’t like getting old either…SO…[censored] is a guy to do?? First, Thank GOD First Thing Every morning you wake up & Be Grateful for what you have…no matter what…it could definitely be worse…

Ok, Sorry (not really) for the little rant…I like the old days too, when men were men & fought ill handling, heavy cars on bias-ply tires & nobody knew what “aero” meant. Dick Trickle (what a name…worse than “A Boy Named Sue”…if you’re too young to know what that means, it’s an old Johnny Cash song…you can probably youtube it) had a cigarette lighter in all of his cars so he could smoke on caution laps, I can’t recall the guy’s name that always wore “wing tip shoes”…Junie Donlavey gave a lot of guys a first chance that went on to make their mark, JR Johnson talks so slow & thick you might think he’s a little slow, dumb & stupid…you’d be WAY off the mark there…I could go on, but won’t. I LOVE the TV series that JR did…I think it was called “Back in The Day”

Back to the original question…my favorite NASCAR race? I’ve loved them all, yeah I’ve been to a few, I was a Big E fan, didn’t watch for a while after his death. Now, I watch all & pull for “Little E”…aka JR, but I like a lot of the guys & wish them all well. I use to hate some…But, as GOD has graced me with a few more years, & dare I say some perspective & maybe a tiny sprinkle of wisdom I’ve learned hate only affects me, So I don’t do that…now there might be a guy or two that I don’t particularly care for from time to time, but as a former racer myself I certainly understand “heat of the moment quotes & statements”…and I don’t just watch the races I keep up with the NASCAR world by other means every day.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
55 registered (browtines, Main Beam, SharpEyeGirl, DaveB, trm, diamond hunter, 8 invisible) and 150 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85435 Topics
1032324 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.43 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.