Tndeer Logo

Page 9 of 9 « First<56789
Topic Options
#3280103 - 07/01/13 08:05 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: medwc]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: medwc
Still has NOT happened.

Neither did our meeting.

#3280622 - 07/02/13 12:22 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: Crappie Luck]
OHVATN
4 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Yep, all them hard workin' country folk don't get no government assistance do they.

#3280705 - 07/02/13 01:43 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: OHVATN]
OHVATN
4 Point

Whether you prep for a Mad Max world and have 1-2 years of food, 10,000 rounds of .223, and 500 cases of beans or only prep for a week or two without food and water due to hurricanes, floods, or other natural disasters, only a fool does not prep.

I strongly believe there will be an economic collapse leading to social disorder, and quite possibly social and political collapse in the USA. At one time, I held to the view of the collapse being a "Mad Max" scenario. While such a scenario is wholly within the realm of (near) possibility as the result of global pandemic, solar flare EMP (see Carrington Event 1859 and consider what would happen today if a similar solar event occurred), WWIII, peak everything, climate change, or even an asteroid hit, I now believe that a global currency collapse is the more likely. It will be a collapse for many, probably 90% or more of Americans, and not just those lazy free-loaders, but many of us preppers as well. That's just reality. As Voltaire said, "all fiat currency eventually reaches its intrinsic value. Zero." Beginning in 1971, accelerating during the Reagan years, and with the afterburners on after the Rubinites took control during the Clinton, Bush II, and Obama years, we have financialized our economy to the point that financial services account for 25% of GDP, while manufacturing (i.e., actually producing something of value) is a mere 9%. In the process, we have induced a multi-decade credit-fueled consumption binge as average wages for most have stagnated at 1970s levels. Likewise, we have created a vast swath of a rentier society from the urban/rural "free loaders", corporatacracy, to the Wall STreet bankers skimming rents off the productive parts of society.

What I believe is more likely to occur is a massive hyperinflation as the US dollar is replaced as the global reserve currency. Ultimately, by the US's own actions, this is accelerating (and, by the way, this is not a Democrat v. Republican issue; both parties are to blame). This will be a violent collapse for many (most) Americans. They will see their standards of living hit third world levels overnight. They will wake up on Friday and learn all banks are closed for a holiday and a week later will learn that every $1 in their bank savings/checking accounts has been devalued to $0.10.

Many parts of America have been collapsing for decades. Much of rural America. Detroit. Youngstown, Ohio. Etc. I struggle with where to ride out a collapse if it degenerates into social and political collapse and chaos. While I wish I had that farm to bug out to, I don't (at least not now). However, check out the Ferfal website. He'll tell you that during Argentina's currency collapse and hyperinflation of the early 2000s, fleeing to the country would have gotten you killed. During the Weimar hyperinflation, people left the cities by the thousands and simply took over farms. I don't care how many rounds of ammo you have or how much of a badass you think you are. You can't stay awake 24/7. Much easier to access necessary supplies via black market trading in the cities and more defensible positions than isolated rural retreats. A farm is a target for hungry gang bangers while a house in the city is just another house. Indeed, more rural people live in poverty than do those in cities. Suburbia has the greatest increase in people living in poverty than do the cities. So, if by "free loader" one means someone living in poverty and receiving welfare, the "rats" are already in the country (and there are more country rats than city rats). If I had a choice, I would choose a rural location, but only if we had the time to become accepted into the local community. Nonetheless, in a collapse survival scenario, cities and suburban locations do have some distinct advantages over rural locations.

I don't place any faith in the U.S. military. While there are many soldiers, sailors, and airmen that will stick to their oaths and will defend us, I believe there are an equal number that will "go along to get along." Plus, the post about all of the gang bangers in the military is prescient. I can easily see a civil war developing between constitutionalits and anti-constitutionalists.

The people who really concern me are the police. After 9-11, local and state police have been militarized. If things really do degenerate into a Mad Max scenario, I see these guys throwing in their lot with the local war lords. If not, as police departments are cut way back during the hyperinflation, there will be a lot of heavily armed, trained, yet violent personalities roaming around.

#3280714 - 07/02/13 02:04 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: OHVATN]
Kevin
8 Point

Loc: Jackson, TN

I'll be on a farm. With not a tree around for 1000sq yards. With family of about 30.

Trusting God in all things.

A bad day fishing is better than a good day of work.

Roll Tide

#3280863 - 07/02/13 05:39 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: Kevin]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

OHVATN,

you just described almost the exact scenario in James Rawles book "Patriots".

If you haven't read it, grab it off Amazon, it's a classic, must-read for any and all 'preppers'.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3280944 - 07/02/13 07:27 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: sgtwebb1]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

OHVATN,

We think alike. The key to surviving the scenario(s) you describe in your post is to join up with like minded individuals to be able to provide security 24x7. I have met several TNDeer members and some like minded neighbors in Tennessee. If I am able to get to my place in Tennessee, I have know doubt in my mind I have built relationships with enough like minded individuals including several ex-military to be able to defend against anything short of a platoon.

Over the last 6 months I have dropped 35 pounds of fat, gained several pounds of muscle, and am almost in the best shape of my life. I am not 28 years old, but I definitely have increased my strength and stamina. Yeah, I have been preparing for a fight both mentally and physically.

I would advise everyone else to do the same. As far as people harassing about the collapse not happening, I couldn't care less what they think. I will just step over their emaciated bodies if the time comes. Their lack of preparations will eventually cost them their lives.

We have been monetizing our debt for quite awhile now. I am not sure if we will experience a deflationary crisis, a hyper-inflationary crisis, or some type of hyper-inflationary great depression, but something has to give. We cannot keep printing money forever, and when the printing stops, the fun will begin.

I also have researched Ferfal's writings. He has a ton of real life information available to all of us. During Argentina's hyper-inflation, some people continued to work daily jobs. They had to literally run a gauntlet everyday they went to work. They literally blew through red lights and stop signs because if you stopped, you would be robbed. Robbery and violent crime was rampant. I believe this might happen here also. WROL would happen relatively fast; handguns will be the weapon of choice (you can't conceal an AR15), and we will be trading on the black market using links from gold chains and small gold and silver rings because the dollar will be worthless.

Nothing has changed since 2008. NOTHING. There is no recovery, and the bubble is bigger than it was before. The longer the Fed is able to keep this charade going, the harder the true recovery will be. And I am talking YEARS to recover. We will see civil unrest in this country sooner or later.

Prepare accordingly.

#3281536 - 07/03/13 12:21 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: sgtwebb1]
OHVATN
4 Point

Used to frequent Mr. Rawle's site, but have not read his book. May need to get a copy. Thanks for the advice.

#3281546 - 07/03/13 12:34 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: OHVATN]
OHVATN
4 Point

FLTENNHUNTER 1, I've noticed that as well.

You hit on a very important point that all preppers must have at the top of their list of "preps" and that is a group or community of like-minded individuals for mutual aid and defense. And, getting in shape is extremely important. I'm not 28 anymore either and could stand to lose a few pounds but have always tried to stay in shape since my ball playing days ended. Also helps with hunting.

While I don't think a Mad Max scenario will develop, I do think based on what you point out that we will see the USA decline to a third world standard of living for most, a very, very small middle class of professionals providing services for a 0.1% profanely wealth oligarchy. Given the typical American, this will result in widespread civil disorder. If the Detroit police are telling people don't come into Detroit today, just imagine what most, if not all, cities will be like in this likely scenario. I don't think it will be limited to the cities, however.

The far flung US military will not be maintainable in this situation. With the collapse of the dollar, fuel prices alone will dictate the unwind of the empire. Will a president leave them overseas to fend for themselves? Depending on the circumstances, I can easily see a President Obama doing see. In any event, if they do return, there will be many discharged into a depression economy. Most will return to their families, many will have axes to grind and could end up in the employ of the various strong men that will arise. Same with the police. No way will civil order be capable of being maintained and, thus, when your community of likeminded individuals comes into play.

#3281551 - 07/03/13 12:43 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: medwc]
OHVATN
4 Point

Originally Posted By: medwc
Still has NOT happened.

If you are Egyptian it did. If you are Syrian it did. If you are a Cypriot or Greek, it did. If you are Portugese, it's starting right now. If you are Japanese, it's right around the corner if "it" hasn't already happened to you.

You see, you are a man of a small, parochial mind unable or incapable of understanding that you live in a globally interconnected world. That student in Cairo, that factory worker in China, and that father in Lisbon are all part of your economy now.

Page 9 of 9 « First<56789

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
77 registered (Redwing, lung-buster, leader, Deer Whisperer, FallRutSpringStrut, gardner, 4 invisible) and 158 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85185 Topics
1029567 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.236 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.