Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#2212465 - 12/13/10 07:49 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: FLIPPER]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: FLIPPER
 Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
 Originally Posted By: medwc
And read this There is no reasoning with you because...
Good luck if the worse case scenario(extremist view)happens. I will take my chances.
JMO

I don't rely on "luck" when my families survival depends on my ability to protect them. I rely on my intelligence and situational awareness to determine risks and how to minimize them..

Right now the biggest risk to our Nation is our debt. If you do not realize that you are not paying attention.

My preparations are no different than having fire insurance on my house or collision insurance on my car. I pray I don't need it but protect my assets if I do.

Pretty simple if you ask me. You will starve and I won't.

\:D While you were away...I raided you're cubbards...

Where did you learn that position, prison?

#2212670 - 12/14/10 12:19 AM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: medwc]
Camp
12 Point

Loc: Rutherford County / Mid TN

Originally Posted By: medwc
And read this There is no reasoning with you because...
Good luck if the worse case scenario(extremist view)happens. I will take my chances.
JMO

Seriously, look at the "author's" photo.....JOSHUA
BOSSHARDT

What is he? (and I say "HE" based on his name, NOT his photo because "he" looks kinda trans-gender to me) What, maybe 20???????

Sorry to sound condescending but........ARE YOU SERIOUS???????

Although youth may have intelligence, they cannot have intelligence AND experience, which yields WISDOM!

Some college kid is full of the "wisdom of the world" that I am going to take seriously?

\:D \:D

But he was pretty good at working in obscure "$20 dollar words" for the sake of people thinking him superior. ;\)

And honestly, I did find this quote from that article to be a really nice "double edged sword" even if it was originally meant to be one sided.

......that people feel no need to rationalize when their
opinions are hand-fed to them. As a result, evidence indicates that most individuals do not really understand the significance of the political niches they hang onto

Edited by Camp (12/14/10 08:54 AM)
Edit Reason: added comment

#2212983 - 12/14/10 09:21 AM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: Camp]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

I'm not sure I understand the logic in this disagreement.

There are those who believe that we're headed for a collapse of society and/or economic disaster and they choose to stockpile supplies.

There are those who are comfortable with the direction of our country and world and chose to trust that supplies will always be available.

What is there to fight about? Reality will sort the two in time. It will herd them both towards their own realities.

If History teaches us that our current course is for disaster, it also teaches us that those who ignore the signs don't suffer long.

That last thing I would do right now is argue with someone to the point of convincing them that I have what they'll kill for soon.

#2213005 - 12/14/10 09:35 AM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: ]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

How can it get better when you have THESE people "helping"?

EPA regulations could make it difficult for Americans to stay warm this winter

With reports predicting brutally-cold weather to envelop much of the U.S. in the coming weeks, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations could make it harder for Americans to stay warm. According to the National Center for Public Policy, the EPA’s regulatory war on greenhouse gas emissions will drastically increase costs for the majority of Americans who get their heat generated from coal.

Coal happens to be the chief emitter of carbon dioxide and other pollutants, making it the EPA’s public enemy number one. And in absence of a comprehensive energy bill, the agency’s strategy has instead been to regulate and cap its use, which is bad news for the country’s coldest regions. [ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]

According to a press release from the National Center for Public Policy, the Congressional Research Service this year has already predicted that the average American household will spend $986 just for heat this winter. As far south as Atlanta, Georgia, hundreds have already waited in line for government assistance programs to help pay their energy bills.

“With millions of Americans unemployed and struggling to keep their homes warm, the need for government assistance will only increase,” said Deneen Borelli of the National Center for Public Policy’s Project21. “Heavy demand and higher prices due to the Obama Administration’s assault on the fossil fuels we rely upon are going to stretch charities to their limits and beyond,” she said in a press release.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/2010...armthiswinter_1

#2213013 - 12/14/10 09:42 AM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: ]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Most of us are, Duck.

We are being RULED instead of governed. That and the fact that these rulers are hard-core Marxists and Power hungry elites makes me think the problems coming are not small.

#2213041 - 12/14/10 10:00 AM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Funny thing here is we see the same things happen all over again.

The 1920's were called the Roaring Twenties in the USA and the Golden Twenties because of the economic boom following the First World War. It was in those years that we broke with traditions and had unprecedented industrial growth, accelerated consumer demand and aspirations, and significant changes in lifestyle.

The Stock Market Crash of 1929 started the Great Depression but the worst of it didn't come until 1933 when it bottomed out. Yet ever though everybody knew the news and it was affecting them worldwide some people choose to ignore it as best as they could, the majority of those people had a job and was able to keep it all though the Great Depression. Ever then in the middle of the Great Depression when the "shtf" they still kept on like nothing happened except to others.

They were lucky they were in the USA. In Europe people were being killed everyday over the money and food and jobless. Tghat led to people like Hilter coming into power.

#2213838 - 12/14/10 05:21 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: ]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: DUCK37101
And after the "Great Depression" the U.S.A once again thrived. We WILL rebound.

It took WW II to fix the damange the Great Depression did, only then did the US start to recover.

I hope we don't need WW III to do the same thing.

#2213852 - 12/14/10 05:24 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: Crappie Luck]
Eric T.
16 Point

Loc: Tampa, FL

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

That last thing I would do right now is argue with someone to the point of convincing them that I have what they'll kill die for soon.

Fixed it for ya.

Edited by Eric T. (12/14/10 05:25 PM)

#2213892 - 12/14/10 05:42 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: ]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
And after the "Great Depression" the U.S.A once again thrived. We WILL rebound.

It took WW II to fix the damange the Great Depression did, only then did the US start to recover.

I hope we don't need WW III to do the same thing.

We already have our wars to wage. Other countries are fighting the fight along with us too. What sucks most is that some don't consider this fight legit or they think that we need a "WW 3" to justify any kind of future rebound.

If you think these wars we are fighting now are the same as WW II you are sadly mistaken. The US had 10 million men in the Armed Forces. In 1940 dollars we spend 10 times on WW II than we are now and all that money we spend went to AMERICAN COMPANIES AND ANERICA JOBS. We were building almost 2,000 tanks a MONTH, we build 20 times the number od Navy ships we have today. I don't think you ever understand what really happened back then.

For the same thing to happen with todays population we would have to have 19 million men in the Armed Forces and supply them with everything they need.

#2213907 - 12/14/10 05:49 PM Re: The U.S. Military is preparing for a collapse, RU? [Re: Eric T.]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: Eric T.
 Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

That last thing I would do right now is argue with someone to the point of convincing them that I have what they'll kill die for soon.

Fixed it for ya.

Beat me to it!

Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
12 registered (Bigmonts, VolHunter22, mossyoakmantn, hinshm, huntwriter, catman529, 2 invisible) and 82 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88079 Topics
1031767 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.236 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.