Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#216584 - 04/18/07 05:07 PM TWRC meeting
Anonymous TnDeer Old Timer
Unregistered

i have to say i'm glad i went to see our system at work once again. we can be proud to have a sounding board for deer hunters that listens to our input. now it's up to the TWRA to see that our current checkin system improves. PMC & Fishboy put a lot of time and effort in their presentations. the talk that Troy gave particularly hit home with me !! i think we might have opened some eyes and should see some positive improvments in checkin regs & followthru on BIOLOGICAL data as well(we shall see).....DJ, @ the break i overheard two guys saying" i don't know who that 1 guy was that got up and talked,but he looked like he could do without a couple of hamburgers " \:\)
#216643 - 04/18/07 07:07 PM Re: TWRC meeting [Re: ]
PMC, certified
14 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Ahh it was a great meeting. Crooksight I am sorry you got out of there before I could talk with you again. Bottom line was a very informative meeting. The agency did NOT recommend telecheck \:o but did offer up wording to allow us 36 hrs to check in a deer and you only had to keep evidence of sex to show to a Wildlife officer or designated agency personnel (not stop & rob attendant's)

That is a big deal. It does alleviate some of the problem. Com. Kimsey did talk like he wanted further study going toward what would happen when the ALS contract expired on 2009.

Glad to see everybody that got to make it. Next on the Horizon.....

LOCK 5

Pmc

Beating Back Ignorance Since 2002

#216883 - 04/18/07 09:26 PM Re: TWRC meeting [Re: PMC, certified]
David J
Non-Typical

Loc: Harrison,Tn USA

The system does work!

While some of us were on different sides of the issue I can say that I am proud to know all of you guys that showed up for the meeting. PMC, fishboy, hunthard, fordman, crooksite, BSK and Rldel. The only way to ever get anything done is for us hunters to go to the TWRC meetings and express our concerns.

While you guys didn't get TeleCheck you did show the Commission and the Agency that there are problems with some checking stations that need to be addressed. That was a major accomplishment. Had you never started the TeleCheck controversy there would have been little change. Gentlemen, a few hunters making a little noise can make a big difference in this State.

And PMC, I had a counter for everything you brought up ----except the data you presented where you called the checking stations. That was some very good research. You caught me off guard with that one. Good Job! You need to e-mail BGG with the ones that you found were no longer check stations so they can take them off the list.

I am thinking very seriously about creating a check-in problem page for deer season that will e-mail any problems to the right people.

CrookSite,
They were just jealous of my out-standing physique

#216940 - 04/18/07 09:57 PM Re: TWRC meeting [Re: David J]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

PMC, that 36 hour concession is huge. It's not telecheck but it's a lot better than what we had. Now I just have to figure out how to store deer peckers for 36 hours. \:D

David, that checking-in problem page is an excellent idea. I am sure it will shed some light on some real issues over the course of a season.

#216979 - 04/18/07 10:20 PM Re: TWRC meeting [Re: Kirk]
Anonymous TnDeer Old Timer
Unregistered

i pretty much agree DJ. PMC and others poured out a lot of MAJOR time & effort for this cause to affect change. we can see how a large group of tn.hunters can make it happen. realalisticly we all know change does not happen over night. however when we fight amongst ourselves with name calling put downs like sanctimonious,and patronizing remarks like-you just fail to understand,i told you so and the like -is conterproductive. i like your idea of a forum to report checking station short comings and more. ...the fact that many of the check stations that were listed to be operational, were in fact not! some agency faces turned red on that one. bottom line tndeer.com is a in my view the pulse & heartbeat of the tn. deer hunter. i'm just an old fart thats past his prime, but it's good to see a few young bucks that aren't afraid of standing up to affect positive change. hats off guys
#217318 - 04/19/07 02:43 AM Re: TWRC meeting [Re: ]
Game Eye
14 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Appreciate all you fellars time on this. Hate I couldn't make it to the meeting.

So can we butcher the animals in the field or what?

#217420 - 04/19/07 06:13 AM Re: TWRC meeting [Re: Game Eye]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

IF the proposed rule change is approved, You would be allowed to tag your deer, butcher it in the field and get it on ice, and check the deer within 36 hrs. Proof of sex would need to retained until after the deer is checked in.

Im still a little confused on the wording but the way I understand it, check stations are NOT required to view your game in order to check it in. You would need to keep the proof of sex in case a game warden checked you prior to your checking the deer in.

#217421 - 04/19/07 06:16 AM Re: TWRC meeting [Re: fishboy1]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

I DO have one question about a proposed rule change for turkey hunting. When they proposed that 20ga and smaller be allowed with #4 shot, it looked like the way it was worded that this rule change meant that ONLY #4 shot would be legal for turkey.

Anybody have more information on that?

#217460 - 04/19/07 07:24 AM Re: TWRC meeting [Re: fishboy1]
PMC, certified
14 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Game Eye - If I understand correctly you could butcher them in the field. But I am sure we will get clarification from the agency.

Fishboy - I was confused by the wording too.

Pmc

Beating Back Ignorance Since 2002

#217463 - 04/19/07 07:26 AM Re: TWRC meeting [Re: PMC, certified]
richmanbarbeque
16 Point

Loc: Middle, Tn

This is great news. Thanks to everyone that helped get this done. This is/was something that was needed for all serious hunters.
Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
145 registered (ADR, SilverFox, Poleaxe, slagtown_dfa, biglefty20, Cooner2529, 11 invisible) and 219 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96143 Topics
1125777 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.05 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.