Can I hunt with my muzzy with a Big Gun permit? I mean its a pretty big gun. I feel that a should be able to do so, but I'm not sure of the legality?
Thanks & God Bless.
From the TWRA Hunting Guidelines - reads like muzzy during gun is OK.
LEGAL Equipm ent
Deer, Bear, ELK, Boar and Feral Hog Hunting
1. Shotguns using ammunition loaded with single solid ball or
rifled slugs. No restriction on number of rounds in magazine.
2. Rifles using any center-fire ammunition.
3. Muzzleloading percussion cap or flintlock rifles, handguns or
shotguns of .40 caliber (.40-inches) minimum. These muzzleloading
firearms are legal during any gun season or hunt unless
otherwise specified. Muzzleloading firearms are defined as those
firearms which are incapable of being loaded from the breech.
4. Longbows, compound bows, crossbows and other bows drawn
or held by a mechanical device.
5. Hunting arrows and bolts shall be of a barbless design and shall
have sharpened blades.
6. Centerfire handguns firing a single projectile and having a barrel
length of four inches or more.
7. Firearms and archery equipment may be equipped with sighting
devices except those devices utilizing an artificial light capable
of locating wildlife. Night vision scopes are illegal.
PS- found this- underlined-
Supplemental Licenses (Types 005, 009, 010 or 011) are required and must be purchased, in
addition to the Type 001 license, in order to hunt deer, bear, boar, feral hog, turkey, and waterfowl.The type of hunting equipment to be used determines which supplemental license is necessary