Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#1505094 - 09/16/09 09:23 PM Re: New World Record Brown Trout!! Pic!! [Re: gil1]
stillinscrubs
4 Point

Loc: nashville, tn

Originally Posted By: gil1
On the front page of Yahoo news concerning the triploid rainbow record...

Article

Just realized I was now a 12 point. Shoot my azz and mount me.

Also realized that I don't want anyone on this site mounting me unless they shoot my azz first! \:D

Sigmund might disagree.

BD,

They look like they are from that region between middle tennessee and the plateau....I agree very creepy.

I think I would rather fish Jurassic lake. But nobody weighs those pure strain rainbows....

Scrubs

#1505128 - 09/16/09 09:42 PM Re: New World Record Brown Trout!! Pic!! [Re: gil1]
shorefisherman
6 Point

Loc: West SSiiide Putnam Co.

Just realized I was now a 12 point. Shoot my azz and mount me.

gotta be at least 30 pointer gil, a rack like a tumble weed... \:D \:D

Edited by shorefisherman (09/16/09 09:46 PM)

#1505765 - 09/17/09 09:55 AM Re: New World Record Brown Trout!! Pic!! [Re: gil1]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

Quote from the Article:

Quote:
Technically known as triploids, they’re designed with three sets of chromosomes, making them sterile and channeling energies normally spent reproducing towards growth.

See? That's exactly why the record is unfair. If I hadn't channeled all my energy toward attempting to "reproduce" when I was in college, I'd weigh 600 pounds right now.

bd

Edited by Brian Dunigan (09/17/09 09:55 AM)

#1505781 - 09/17/09 10:01 AM Re: New World Record Brown Trout!! Pic!! [Re: stillinscrubs]
B.D.
8 Point

Originally Posted By: stillinscrubs

I think I would rather fish Jurassic lake.

Meh - from an online article about Jurassic:

Quote:
Outside of their individual spawning cycle they roam the lake, which is absolutely crystal clear, gorging on a type of freshwater krill and growing fat to an extent that you have to see to imagine.

Is the fishing easy…..the answer is absurdly so. Do you have to be a proficient and skilled angler……simply the answer is a no.

Why spend all that money traveling to Patagonia if all you want is an "absurdly easy" shot at a big fat rainbow? They've got pellet fed pig streams in North Georgia for that. \:\)

For my money, the best experience I've had fishing for giant trophy rainbows in the double-digit class has been on the mysis shrimp tailwaters out West. Those fish are big, but they're also incredibly educated and it's tough, techinical fishing.

bd

#1506030 - 09/17/09 12:04 PM Re: New World Record Brown Trout!! Pic!! [Re: B.D.]
basset
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

a fly fisherman... pardon me, an "angler"... would say neither was a legitimate record because they weren't caught on flies.

then the next one would say it would have to be caught with a dry fly to be really sporting.

and the next would say it had to be a fly the angler tied himself.

and the one after him would say it doesn't count unless you fish the fly upstream.

Another would claim it had to be done with a bamboo rod.

and so on, and so forth, until someone reached the theoretical limit of the fly angler's attitude and vanished in a flash of pure white light.

Edited by basset (09/17/09 12:06 PM)

#1506094 - 09/17/09 12:26 PM Re: New World Record Brown Trout!! Pic!! [Re: basset]
B.D.
8 Point

You haven't talked to Tubakka, basset. He needs to explain to you that nobody catches big fish on flies.

bd

#1506406 - 09/17/09 03:05 PM Re: New World Record Brown Trout!! Pic!! [Re: B.D.]
basset
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

I sure don't... tried fly fishing awhile back and didn't care for it, too much fiddling around.

even took a class at an outdoor store in Nashville - about a dozen of us went to Centennial Park on a Vandy game day and the place was full of tailgating Georgia fans. One of them asked what we were doing as we left & I told her we were going alley fishing for stray cats with little meatballs for bait.

She believed every bit of it, looked horrified & said "that's AWFUL!"

another one... I used to be in a fishing club of about twenty who came from various parts of the country and met on the White River in Arkansas every summer for some trout fishing. The Nashville members would fly to Kansas City, connect with some more of the group there, and drive down, right past the original Bass Pro in Columbia, Missouri.

We told one of the KC guys that the browns on the White just loved big spinner baits, and he bought enough to half-fill a paper grocery bag and was handing them out at camp, talking about how great they'd work.

maybe they will, I don't know - couldn't prove it by us, though.

Edited by basset (09/17/09 03:17 PM)

#1506447 - 09/17/09 03:29 PM Re: New World Record Brown Trout!! Pic!! [Re: B.D.]
stillinscrubs
4 Point

Loc: nashville, tn

Originally Posted By: Brian Dunigan

Why spend all that money traveling to Patagonia if all you want is an "absurdly easy" shot at a big fat rainbow? They've got pellet fed pig streams in North Georgia for that. \:\)

For my money, the best experience I've had fishing for giant trophy rainbows in the double-digit class has been on the mysis shrimp tailwaters out West. Those fish are big, but they're also incredibly educated and it's tough, techinical fishing.

bd

I want to fish for the Jurassic lake fish because they fight like tuna and jump like tarpon. Find some of the video on the web. That is what gets my blood boiling. Like what I have heard about Thompson and Dean river steelhead. Why I have fallen so hard for Atlantic Salmon. They fight like mad and have athletic prowess.

I don't care about records. I like spirit. It is the main reason I don't enjoy the browns on the Caney but love the rainbows. Those bows have spirit. That 35+ inch fish I hooked "a few years ago" cleared the water twice in the first 2 minutes of the fight. Truely awesome. I would regularly have 18-20 inch fish clear the water 5-7 times during the fight. That is why I chase them, they have talent.

Find some video of them and the searuns in Tierra del Feugo. Both strains jump like tarpon.......goood stuff. I will chase grander Marlin someday just to see what they have got for the same reason. I don't need to hang a fish from a hook at the dock.

Scrubs

#1506485 - 09/17/09 03:48 PM Re: New World Record Brown Trout!! Pic!! [Re: Coach]
Radar
Non-Typical

Loc: Kansas City, Mo.

Originally Posted By: Coach
 Originally Posted By: Radar
Awesome Trout , and it's from my home state .

Yep and not far from Charlotte actually...I think you said that was where you are from..right?

10-4 . \:\)

#1507550 - 09/18/09 06:43 AM Re: New World Record Brown Trout!! Pic!! [Re: Radar]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Originally Posted By: Coach
Awesome Trout , and it's from my home state .

Yep and not far from Charlotte actually...I think you said that was where you are from..right?

10-4 . \:\)

My son fished the Pere Marquette River out by Baldwin yesterday evening...he could see the fish but got skunked

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
22 registered (MUP, FallRutSpringStrut, Prowler, baddnole, Deerhunter, SX3Mike, 1 invisible) and 76 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
95879 Topics
1122722 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.053 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.