Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#1444321 - 08/07/09 10:46 PM Re: Not Deer Hunting But a Unethical Situation [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Encore
Spike

Loc: Colliervile

It definitely sucks when someone puts you in a compromising position. I would certainly decline all invites from them in the future to fish or whatever. Poor character typically transfers to everything.
#1444346 - 08/07/09 11:23 PM Re: Not Deer Hunting But a Unethical Situation [Re: Encore]
shelbydeer
8 Point

Loc: memphis

whats done is done and you really cant do much about it now. I would def let the director know what went on and keep your name out of it
#1444363 - 08/07/09 11:50 PM Re: Not Deer Hunting But a Unethical Situation [Re: Encore]
CopperHead77
12 Point

Loc: Hickman Co.

Originally Posted By: Encore
It definitely sucks when someone puts you in a compromising position. I would certainly decline all invites from them in the future to fish or whatever. Poor character typically transfers to everything.

Yep

#1444384 - 08/08/09 12:04 AM Re: Not Deer Hunting But a Unethical Situation [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
SAR Swimmer
6 Point

Loc: Pleasant View, TN/ Jacksonvill...

Guys,
I know what was done her was wrong and I am not the kind of person who would ever participate in cheating of any sort. I promise you. These guys know the type of person that I am and I am pretty certain that is why they waited until the weigh-in to pull the fish from the live well.
As far as the sworn to secerecy deal- they knew that I would not go for their antics because I do have honor about me. Idid tell my wife because she is my best friend. She was outraged and she recommended that I just never fish with them again. I just don't feel that does it justice though because someone will get cheated by them again someday.

It was one of those situations where you had a crowd of hundreds in front of you and the fish was pulled out.I could not exactly run up and grab the fish and say "this is illegal". They had hid it from me. The fish was in the front live well all day. I fished from the back.
The story was only revealed after the winnings had been announced.I would never be a part of something like this and I feel horible to be caught in the middle. 4,000 is alot of money and though I did not take anything, I still feel like the 4th place guy got deprived (or robbed) of what was his.

Ferg,
You are right- I need to tell the tourney director what happened and even if it causes a stir, those guys are the kind of people that she does not need as friends anyway because liars are cheats and cheats will lie and steal!

#1444399 - 08/08/09 12:49 AM Re: Not Deer Hunting But a Unethical Situation [Re: SAR Swimmer]
JRE
4 Point

Loc: Hendersonville, TN

Where you all three fishing together? I've never seen a "big" tournament that allowed more than two per boat (or a small one for that matter that didn't involve kids). Regardless, I hate to hear this because I like to fish small tournaments. Would you expose them if they had broken into a house and stoled $4000 worth of stuff? Seems the same to me.
#1444439 - 08/08/09 05:35 AM Re: Not Deer Hunting But a Unethical Situation [Re: JRE]
Lost1963
Button

Loc: TN

Wow. Sorry to here your caught in the middle. I like to fish a lot. I have been fishing on the BFL tour this year. Music City! I have not won any money this year yet, but I have been within 4oz. of being in the money. Its not just the guy in fouth place. I was number 19 twice out of 95. They only paid out 18 places.

We have to sign our name saying all fish my boater caught was legal. (We get them out of the live well together). His in his bag and mine in my bag. Then sign before we wiegh in. Its a lot of fun. Our top prize money is around $4,000.

I would call the director. Tell him who you are (or not). But I would! Fishing cost a lot of money and can be a lot of fun done the right way.

If you can't sleep and have trouble respecting yourself, then do whats right. Because you are struggling with this tells me you are not the bad guy. But if you do not make it right, then you are almost as bad as the other guys. It will be a hard road to go down but once its done, you have respect for yourself again.
Resect is not freely given. Its earned!

How do you what your kids to view you? How about your wife? And what about everyone else?

Now its time for no more talk. No more questions. Its time to make it right. So go do it. Please let us know how things turn out. I wish you the beat of luck.

#1444466 - 08/08/09 06:39 AM Re: Not Deer Hunting But a Unethical Situation [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

A false victory is no victory. You know what you need to do.

If for no other reason, think of the guys that were honest that were behind your team. It's cheated them out of their rightful reward.

I personally believe that sometimes God puts small challenges in front of us to see how far we have grown as individuals.

Edited by BlackBelt (08/08/09 07:42 AM)

#1444588 - 08/08/09 09:18 AM Re: Not Deer Hunting But a Unethical Situation [Re: ]
Anonymous TnDeer Old Timer
Unregistered

Hey JMO,but you need to turn them in, they admitted they had done this before, they are criminals, i repeat criminals, you should turn them in and report their names all over the internet.
These scumbags should never be allowed to fish for money again.
And if they tried that at one of my local tourneys, the boys would be waitin for them at the ramp the following tourney and it would get real ugly fast!!!!
Guys like this kill tourney fishing. Do the right thing and turn them in....They will cheat and steal again.
I cant stand a cheater!!!!!!!! If you cant win or place without cheating keep your sorry arse at the house!!!!!!!!!!!
PS. Never I repeat never fish any tourney that doesnt check livewells at the ramp!!!!!!!
[censored] cheaters, God I hate'em.

#1445792 - 08/09/09 01:41 PM Re: Not Deer Hunting But a Unethical Situation [Re: ]
Robo Duck
6 Point

Loc: Hardeman Co.

I have suspected cheating in tournaments in the past. You just don't want any part of it and would love to expose those involved. Remember one thing, this wasn't the first time and won't be their last.
Whatever you decide make sure you distance yourself from these morons becuse they will eventually be found out .

#1446463 - 08/09/09 10:25 PM Re: Not Deer Hunting But a Unethical Situation [Re: Robo Duck]
MRUTVOL
6 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville,Tennessee,USA

Personally I would consider it a lesson learned and let it go cause all you are going to do is make things worse for yourself. I just wouldn't associate myself with them any more. For me I quit fishing tournaments long ago for that very reason. I know of numerous local events that cheating went on at Old Hickory. and if the organizers are not going to have any kind of accountability other than "Good Faith" then when the money gets big you can get ready for the cheating to start eventually. Happens a whole lot more than people realize. \:\(

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (memfuzz, Daniel Willoughby, jmlost, ruthunter, WG Taxidermist) and 89 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.011 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.