Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#1410480 - 07/16/09 02:08 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: username]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

Originally Posted By: username
 Originally Posted By: easy45
not all tournament fisherman are like that, I use to fish them and I never acted like an ***hole to to other people

I still fish quite a few of them. Unfortunately all of the pecker heads use the "I'm fishin' a tournament" excuse in an attempt to validate their blatant disrespect and that sticks in peoples mind. The fact is that you either have respect for other people or you don't. It doesn't have anything to do with tournaments but for some reason alot of people associate one with the other.
I have to disagree with your last sentence. The whole premise of tournament fishing, is "look how good I am". Certainly there are a higher percentage of egomaniacs fishing tournaments, than there is in the general fisherman population. And, anyone who would use the excuse "I'm fishing a tournament" bears this out.

No one's eyes go bad looking on the bright side of life.

#1410490 - 07/16/09 02:21 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: 4onaside]
Rackseeker
12 Point

Loc: Franklin County

The way I look at it is if you can't deal with a-holes on the water just stay home. Unfortunately there are going to be people that are a-holes everywhere you go. Don't get mad just get even is the way I like to handle a-holes on the water.

#1410513 - 07/16/09 02:38 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: Rackseeker]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Exactly, there are idiots of all forms. Being a tournament fisherman doesnt make you an idiot, acting like an idiot makes you an idiot!
#1410795 - 07/16/09 05:38 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: 4onaside]
username
10 Point

Loc: Williamson County

Originally Posted By: 4onaside
not all tournament fisherman are like that, I use to fish them and I never acted like an ***hole to to other people

I still fish quite a few of them. Unfortunately all of the pecker heads use the "I'm fishin' a tournament" excuse in an attempt to validate their blatant disrespect and that sticks in peoples mind. The fact is that you either have respect for other people or you don't. It doesn't have anything to do with tournaments but for some reason alot of people associate one with the other.
I have to disagree with your last sentence. The whole premise of tournament fishing, is "look how good I am". Certainly there are a higher percentage of egomaniacs fishing tournaments, than there is in the general fisherman population. And, anyone who would use the excuse "I'm fishing a tournament" bears this out.

Your thoughts are pretty much inline with most that do not fish tournaments. I've tried to plead the case on here for those of us who try to not step on toes and rub our fellow anglers the wrong way but it really doesn't do any good. I still get lumped in with the slime of the river, so I'll just quit trying and go fishing. ;\)

Funny thing is, I never get cursed at, have a lure whizzed by my head, or even have a word other than a kind one sent my way on the water. So either not all of us are that bad or there's alot of people out there that like to get mad after we leave.

#1410917 - 07/16/09 07:01 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: username]
4onaside
12 Point

Your thoughts are pretty much inline with most that do not fish tournaments. I've tried to plead the case on here for those of us who try to not step on toes and rub our fellow anglers the wrong way but it really doesn't do any good. I still get lumped in with the slime of the river, so I'll just quit trying and go fishing. ;\)

Funny thing is, I never get cursed at, have a lure whizzed by my head, or even have a word other than a kind one sent my way on the water. So either not all of us are that bad or there's alot of people out there that like to get mad after we leave.
Tournament fishermen certainly don't get in my hair, because I usually fish where they don't, spillways, small TWRA lakes, small streams, etc. And, my best buddy is a long time member of a bass club. However, the regimentation involved for the amount of fish caught ain't my bag. To each his own.

#1411293 - 07/17/09 02:28 AM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: 4onaside]
Back Home
10 Point

Loc: Lebanon

In this case, it wouldn't have mattered to me if he was a tournament fisherman or not. When he chose to intentionally intimidate me and the guy I was fishing with by running at top speed, within striking distance of my fishing rod, he went over the line.

I can appreciate tourney guys having an ego. I probably have more than I need to have myself. But I don't make it a habit of cussing at other fisherman and using my boat to intimidate others. Not that I could intimidate anyone in my old jon boat anyway. \:\)

#1412605 - 07/17/09 09:40 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: Back Home]
kdxdude
10 Point

Loc: Cleveland, Tn.

If you were upset enough about it to put it on a forum maybe you can learn from your experience. If he drove his boat within rod distance you could have placed some treble hooks in his lips. The other thing is you could have just sat & waited patiently at the ramp & had a discussion (yeah right, if I wait at the ramp on a feller they ain't much talking gonna go on when he gets there) & stomped your point into him. Not that I would do these things now that I've got religion, but those are the 2 things I would have done back in the day.

I hope something like this never happens to me cause I am striving to get stronger with my religion, but I am afraid it would prompt the devil to come out in me again.

Like someone said earlier, they just ain't run up on the right one yet. But rest assured there is someone out there that they don't want to try this with. God Bless & have a GREAT day!

#1413258 - 07/18/09 06:56 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: kdxdude]
kdxdude
10 Point

After all, if you reel your crankbait with 2 sets of treble hooks to the end of your rod & then reach it out & hook a guy in the lips or face, whose fault is it really?? Had he not been within 6 feet of your boat he wouldn't have got hooks in him. Man I love fishing!!!
#1413938 - 07/19/09 06:17 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: kdxdude]
4onaside
12 Point

Originally Posted By: kdxdude
If you were upset enough about it to put it on a forum maybe you can learn from your experience. If he drove his boat within rod distance you could have placed some treble hooks in his lips. The other thing is you could have just sat & waited patiently at the ramp & had a discussion (yeah right, if I wait at the ramp on a feller they ain't much talking gonna go on when he gets there) & stomped your point into him. Not that I would do these things now that I've got religion, but those are the 2 things I would have done back in the day.

I hope something like this never happens to me cause I am striving to get stronger with my religion, but I am afraid it would prompt the devil to come out in me again.

Like someone said earlier, they just ain't run up on the right one yet. But rest assured there is someone out there that they don't want to try this with. God Bless & have a GREAT day!
Did your discovering that you weren't the baddest A out there, have anything to do with your "getting religion". lol
My daddy taught me early on that however "bad" that you think you are, sooner of later you are going to run into someone that's badder. lol

#1413951 - 07/19/09 06:30 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: 4onaside]
kdxdude
10 Point

Originally Posted By: kdxdude

Did your discovering that you weren't the baddest A out there, have anything to do with your "getting religion". lol
My daddy taught me early on that however "bad" that you think you are, sooner of later you are going to run into someone that's badder. lol

What my Daddy taught me was how to take care of myself & not let someone run over me & disrespect me. You also hit the nail on the head when you said that there is also someone out there who is badder. You can also discover, that even when you think someone may be badder than you, when you don't let someone disrespect you, that you have some backbone & integrity about you.

As far as the religion part, I actually just felt like I was called towards the Lord. It is an awesome feeling & I hope You have, or will discover it one day. God Bless You & Have a GREAT day!! \:\)

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TNDeerHunter270, rmyers@atpro1, ojf, Muwasi, Brad1
13550 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (BigPete357, TNtrapper, booche', Paul Burns, swami, Vermin93, 1 invisible) and 82 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13550 Members
42 Forums
99348 Topics
1168697 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.