Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#1414176 - 07/19/09 08:58 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: kdxdude]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

Originally Posted By: kdxdude
 Originally Posted By: 4onaside
If you were upset enough about it to put it on a forum maybe you can learn from your experience. If he drove his boat within rod distance you could have placed some treble hooks in his lips. The other thing is you could have just sat & waited patiently at the ramp & had a discussion (yeah right, if I wait at the ramp on a feller they ain't much talking gonna go on when he gets there) & stomped your point into him. Not that I would do these things now that I've got religion, but those are the 2 things I would have done back in the day.

I hope something like this never happens to me cause I am striving to get stronger with my religion, but I am afraid it would prompt the devil to come out in me again.

Like someone said earlier, they just ain't run up on the right one yet. But rest assured there is someone out there that they don't want to try this with. God Bless & have a GREAT day!
Did your discovering that you weren't the baddest A out there, have anything to do with your "getting religion". lol
My daddy taught me early on that however "bad" that you think you are, sooner of later you are going to run into someone that's badder. lol

What my Daddy taught me was how to take care of myself & not let someone run over me & disrespect me. You also hit the nail on the head when you said that there is also someone out there who is badder. You can also discover, that even when you think someone may be badder than you, when you don't let someone disrespect you, that you have some backbone & integrity about you.

As far as the religion part, I actually just felt like I was called towards the Lord. It is an awesome feeling & I hope You have, or will discover it one day. God Bless You & Have a GREAT day!! \:\)
When I was young and dumb, I never lost a fight. But I quit all of that stuff, before I ran into someone really bad. lol
And, I had an outstanding worship experience this morning, which hopefully, boosted me for the next few days. I hope you did also.

No one's eyes go bad looking on the bright side of life.

#1414187 - 07/19/09 09:09 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: 4onaside]
kdxdude
10 Point

Loc: Cleveland, Tn.

You & I both know there is somebody badder out there. Now if we could just get the guy who was the tournament fisherman to read this he might know there is someone out there who might be a little badder than he is. LOL!

Let's just say I've been around grappling, oh, for about the last 30 years or so. So, trust me when I say, yeah there is always gonna be someone badder out there. But that doesn't mean you have to tolerate any lack of respect. It is an opportunity to find out what your made of too.

#1414201 - 07/19/09 09:21 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: 4onaside]
kdxdude
10 Point

My daddy taught me early on that however "bad" that you think you are, sooner of later you are going to run into someone that's badder. lol [/quote]

Above quote by 4onaside
Your Daddy sounds like a smart man. He must've already heard about me!

Edited by kdxdude (07/19/09 09:22 PM)

#1414207 - 07/19/09 09:24 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: 4onaside]
kdxdude
10 Point

[quote=kdxdude]If you were upset enough about it to put it on a forum maybe you can learn from your experience. If he drove his boat within rod distance you could have placed some treble hooks in his lips. The other thing is you could have just sat & waited patiently at the ramp & had a discussion (yeah right, if I wait at the ramp on a feller they ain't much talking gonna go on when he gets there) & stomped your point into him. Not that I would do these things now that I've got religion, but those are the 2 things I would have done back in the day.

I hope something like this never happens to me cause I am striving to get stronger with my religion, but I am afraid it would prompt the devil to come out in me again.

Like someone said earlier, they just ain't run up on the right one yet. But rest assured there is someone out there that they don't want to try this with. God Bless & have a GREAT day!
Did your discovering that you weren't the baddest A out there, have anything to do with your "getting religion". lol
My daddy taught me early on that however "bad" that you think you are, sooner of later you are going to run into someone that's badder. lol

What my Daddy taught me was how to take care of myself & not let someone run over me & disrespect me. You also hit the nail on the head when you said that there is also someone out there who is badder. You can also discover, that even when you think someone may be badder than you, when you don't let someone disrespect you, that you have some backbone & integrity about you.

As far as the religion part, I actually just felt like I was called towards the Lord. It is an awesome feeling & I hope You have, or will discover it one day. God Bless You & Have a GREAT day!! \:\)
When I was young and dumb, I never lost a fight. But I quit all of that stuff, before I ran into someone really bad. lol

Above quote by 4onaside
Smart move on your part. I'm your huckleberry! LOL!!!!!

Edited by kdxdude (07/19/09 09:25 PM)

#1414241 - 07/19/09 09:50 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: kdxdude]
Asaltwpn1
6 Point

Loc: Usually lost

The Florida way to remove A##hole boaters is to keep a few big weights lying around in the boat. Once you start throwing, they realize that they should be going.

#1414647 - 07/20/09 08:46 AM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: Asaltwpn1]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

Originally Posted By: Asaltwpn1
The Florida way to remove A##hole boaters is to keep a few big weights lying around in the boat. Once you start throwing, they realize that they should be going.
I used to fish the Arkabutla spillway in N. Mississippi many years ago, and some regulars would get there at dawn. Then some 9 oclock wonders would get there and wade out right in front of them, efectively blocking their access to the fish. Their solution to that problem was to cast over them. A bell weight repeatedly going by your right ear would usually convey the message.

No one's eyes go bad looking on the bright side of life.

#1415011 - 07/20/09 01:29 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: kdxdude]
buckdead
8 Point

Loc: southern middle tn

Look at it like this

You can preach Jesus and beat the hell out of him at the same time.

So that would be like putting your religion on steroids.

#1415098 - 07/20/09 02:53 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: buckdead]
kdxdude
10 Point

LOL!!

It's just that you always hear these stories about somebody buzzed by me in their boat, or cut me off on the water, or buzzed by between my boat & the bank.

Just once I would love to hear a story of someone doing something like the aforementioned scenarios & then get to hear how the one who was offended dealt with it with some force. Good chance if you heard more of folks dealing with someone being obnoxious, by getting a little physical, then you might not hear as much about some of these guys being jerks. Just a thought. \:\)
God Bless Ya'll & have a GREAT day!!

#1415145 - 07/20/09 03:36 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: Asaltwpn1]
Anonymous TnDeer Old Timer
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Asaltwpn1
I can score consistant hull shots both from the boat or the jetty. Flare gun comes in handy also. Spent many days and nights snook fishing around Jupiter inlet.

#1415492 - 07/20/09 08:57 PM Re: Met a real winner on JPP last night. [Re: easy45]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

hate to hear that

You wont know,if you dont go!

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
98 registered (TNDeerGuy, Hardwoodmaterials, danny1975, 09FX4, waynesworld, AlabamaSwamper, 14 invisible) and 274 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96090 Topics
1125073 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.385 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.