#1403364 - 07/11/09 08:56 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: .44mag]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: jakeway
 Originally Posted By: gil1
 Originally Posted By: Hawk
Nice shots.
Is the generation schedule back to where wade fishing is safe?

Have you got your bags packed? If memory serves you have about a week left before the big day.

Yeah, I wet waded all day, and it was nice. It was even tough to motor upstream because it was so shallow.

Yup, my funeral (uh, nuptials) is in 8 days.

Gil, when were you there and how late after generation were you?

I'm having a "forced vacation" day on Monday, so I thought I'd take the jon boat up there and see how it works. If I end up spending the day dragging it over the shallow spots, so be it.

I stopped there Tuesday afternoon on my way to Greeneville on business. Fished Happy Hollow. It was about 1 pm and had basic 1 generator level. Didn't do anything on nymphs, so I switched to a sink tip line and a large white WB. Caught a rainbow and a brookie about like yours (rod butt to front end of handle) in the first 5 minutes. Then I had about 6 trout, some bigger, chase the streamer for several yards but not actually hit it. Fun watching them chase it, though.

Thunderstorms on Wed and Thursday on Paint Creek and the Nolichucky spoiled that fishing.

I was up there Thursday afternoon. They were burping one hour for every six hours. I put in at Betty's and motored up almost to Happy and floated back down. I didn't even fish out of the boat, just got out and waded when it looked good. I had to drag once and banged the prop a couple of other times, but no problems otherwise. I would imagine a jon boat might be a little heavier, ride deeper, and hit bottom more often.

Fishing was average. I caught maybe 30 with most being stockers with a few decent browns in there. The big brookie was my highlight. I struggled for a while until I found something they would eat. PM me and I'll tell you.

Good luck!

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1403376 - 07/11/09 09:18 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: scn]
strutandrut
Non-Typical

Loc: signal mountain

cool

Why do I carry a gun? Because cops weigh too much to carry and are difficult to conceal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#1403506 - 07/11/09 11:37 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

Look for me too. I need a great deal on an SLR and a couple nice lenses. I'll probably be able to afford it in 2020. \:D

So says the guy who doesn't know yet what marriage and kids do to a man's finances.

bd

#1403575 - 07/11/09 01:42 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: B.D.]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Brian Dunigan

Look for me too. I need a great deal on an SLR and a couple nice lenses. I'll probably be able to afford it in 2020. \:D

So says the guy who doesn't know yet what marriage and kids do to a man's finances.

bd

I'm writing checks this month for an architect, a wedding, and a honeymoon. It is more than I make in a year. And that's before I even start on the addition to my house. I'm starting to get an inkling...

Hey, I haven't seen you on the carp thread. Have you manned up yet, or is the shoulder too much to even try it.?

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1403709 - 07/11/09 03:46 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

I don't even have a number yet. I'm making slow progress in physical therapy. I am hoping maybe by the end of the month I'll be able to sign up and squeeze in one day, just so I can put a fish on the board and not miss out entirely. At least that way I could make the banquet.

bd

#1403876 - 07/11/09 06:53 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: B.D.]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Brian Dunigan
I don't even have a number yet. I'm making slow progress in physical therapy. I am hoping maybe by the end of the month I'll be able to sign up and squeeze in one day, just so I can put a fish on the board and not miss out entirely. At least that way I could make the banquet.

bd

I either feel pretty bad for you

OR

You are doing the best snow job in our history of carp tourney snow jobs! \:D

Dr. Saxton Pope

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
161 registered (Nitro, SEC, striperhunter90, GoldenEagle09, birddoginQ, TN Larry, 13 invisible) and 230 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93057 Topics
1087391 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.084 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.