Tndeer Logo

Page all of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#1401496 - 07/09/09 09:47 PM Underwater Trout Pics.
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

I couldn't get the carp to take my flies so I piddled with the trout and the camera for a bit. These guys were probably pretty pissed, but they were all released unharmed.

Edited by gil1 (07/09/09 09:51 PM)
Edit Reason: added pic.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1401499 - 07/09/09 09:48 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
spitndrum
Team TLBB Woodpile Boys
Non-Typical

Loc: Cumberland Plateau

Where From??

#1401506 - 07/09/09 09:50 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: spitndrum]
Model70Man
12 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN

Love the Brookies!
Zeiss Victory Varipoint #60 Illuminated

#1401510 - 07/09/09 09:51 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: spitndrum]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: spitndrum

Where From??

Percy Priest

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1401511 - 07/09/09 09:52 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: gil1
 Originally Posted By: spitndrum

Where From??

Percy Priest

\:D \:D \:D \:D ;\)

Caney Fork

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1401535 - 07/09/09 10:05 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
easy45
Non-Typical

Loc: Chester County

cool

#1401544 - 07/09/09 10:20 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: easy45]
RodBone75
12 Point

Loc: Maury Co.

content Online
cool

You picking up what i'm putting down!

“The only thing I’m addicted to right now is winning.”

#1401624 - 07/09/09 11:08 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: RodBone75]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Pretty neat.

#1401702 - 07/10/09 05:14 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
Hawk
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: west tenn.

Nice shots.
Is the generation schedule back to where wade fishing is safe?

Have you got your bags packed? If memory serves you have about a week left before the big day.

#1401711 - 07/10/09 05:25 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: Hawk]
ghosthunter
10 Point

Loc: chattanooga

very nice

#1401795 - 07/10/09 06:07 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
JohnnyBond
Cat Man
Non-Typical

Loc:

#1401868 - 07/10/09 06:45 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
shorefisherman
6 Point

Loc: West SSiiide Putnam Co.

nice brooke gil, you should send the pic to tarp program...if not already done.... \:D \:D
cool pics, water hass cleared up alot

#1402201 - 07/10/09 09:19 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: ghosthunter]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

Gil,
Back at ya from last weekend on the Clinch

#1402245 - 07/10/09 09:34 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: 7mm08]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: 7mm08
Gil,
Back at ya from last weekend on the Clinch

Oooh, very nice. What kind of camera?

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1402254 - 07/10/09 09:36 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: shorefisherman]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: shorefisherman
nice brooke gil, you should send the pic to tarp program...if not already done.... \:D \:D
cool pics, water hass cleared up alot

Has it?
It seemed a little murky, and the pictures showed that. It was really nice, though.
If I submit to the TARP program, it will be for redhorses and suckers and other trash fish. \:D

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1402260 - 07/10/09 09:37 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
go_okfishin
6 Point

Loc: Bellevue

Great pics. Gil are you just holding the camera underwater and hoping the picture is there or are you going underwater to take the pics? Just wondering.

#1402262 - 07/10/09 09:37 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: Hawk]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Hawk
Nice shots.

Have you got your bags packed? If memory serves you have about a week left before the big day.

Yeah, I wet waded all day, and it was nice. It was even tough to motor upstream because it was so shallow.

Yup, my funeral (uh, nuptials) is in 8 days.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1402314 - 07/10/09 09:57 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
7mm08
12 Point

Pentax Optio W20

Great little camera. Small enough to pack in a vest without problems.

#1402511 - 07/10/09 11:39 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: go_okfishin]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: go_okfishin
Great pics. Gil are you just holding the camera underwater and hoping the picture is there or are you going underwater to take the pics? Just wondering.

It's a total crapshoot. I can't see the viewfinder underwater, and I ain't getting in that cold shtuff to try. I'd say about half of my pics. only have a small part of a fish or no fish at all in them. I just take a bunch and hope some turn out.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1402518 - 07/10/09 11:45 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: 7mm08]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: 7mm08
Pentax Optio W20

Great little camera. Small enough to pack in a vest without problems.

Great quality. It's a little more expensive than mine, but I think your pic. is better.

I have an Olympus Stylus 770 SW. My buddy has an Olympus Stylus 1030, and I think his regular above water pictures are better than mine.

It's just so freeing to be able to wet wade with a camera in my pocket or duck hunt on a rainy day without worrying about cameras in Ziplocs. I even swam in saltwater with it in my pocket for hours. I take 5x more photos on my outdoor adventures just because of that.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1402601 - 07/10/09 01:02 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
7mm08
12 Point

I actually bought mine as a refurb. 2 years ago about this time to take to Idaho on a fishing trip. $175 off eBay. Knock on wood, no problems.

It is great having a digital camera around. Back in the late 80's and early 90's when the Clinch was producing 18-22" fish about every 10-15 you caught, I waded with an old SLR, a Pentax ME Super.

Best of luck with your upcoming hanging...uh, I mean wedding.

#1402925 - 07/10/09 05:21 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: 7mm08]
scn
16 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

Great pictures from both of you!

I'm old-fashioned and hate the screens on the digitals. I'm looking for a fairly reasonably priced point and shoot digital with an optic viewfinder. So far the only ones I have found are Canon Powershots. Are there any more options out there?

#1402965 - 07/10/09 06:04 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: scn]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

SCN,

Go ahead and get the Canon EOS. You can work it in automatic and it does everything for you like a point and shoot. You can then buy additional lenses for those far away shots. i love mine.

#1403011 - 07/10/09 06:50 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: Diehard Hunter]
scn
16 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

I think that may be more than I want to put in one. And, I suspect if I got it my daughter would "appropriate" it very quickly. She has been wanting one for a while. I'll see what sort of deals ebay might have.

#1403071 - 07/10/09 08:01 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: scn]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: scn
I think that may be more than I want to put in one. And, I suspect if I got it my daughter would "appropriate" it very quickly. She has been wanting one for a while. I'll see what sort of deals ebay might have.

Look for me too. I need a great deal on an SLR and a couple nice lenses. I'll probably be able to afford it in 2020. \:D

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1403095 - 07/10/09 08:47 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: ghosthunter]
Umpire
12 Point

Loc: Smyrna, TN

cool pics
#1403102 - 07/10/09 08:57 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
shorefisherman
6 Point

Loc: West SSiiide Putnam Co.

Has it?
It seemed a little murky, and the pictures showed that. It was really nice, though.
If I submit to the TARP program, it will be for redhorses and suckers and other trash fish. \:D

i kinda meant when u can see the river bottom goin up river at shallow spots its clearer \:D . that false turnover the centerhill had goin when they were dumpin all that water for so long has messed things up. about a month ago i read the temp below the dam at 61,spewing out tarnished water at all ends.
i kinda like merky rustic green water, cause the fish cant see you.
what do you think about them waterproof camera shells, the ones that cover your existing dry camera?
i wonder why twra has no tarp program for trash fish and bait \:D

Edited by shorefisherman (07/10/09 09:03 PM)

#1403219 - 07/10/09 11:04 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
jakeway
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville, TN, USA

Nice shots.

Yeah, I wet waded all day, and it was nice. It was even tough to motor upstream because it was so shallow.

Gil, when were you there and how late after generation were you?

I'm having a "forced vacation" day on Monday, so I thought I'd take the jon boat up there and see how it works. If I end up spending the day dragging it over the shallow spots, so be it.

I stopped there Tuesday afternoon on my way to Greeneville on business. Fished Happy Hollow. It was about 1 pm and had basic 1 generator level. Didn't do anything on nymphs, so I switched to a sink tip line and a large white WB. Caught a rainbow and a brookie about like yours (rod butt to front end of handle) in the first 5 minutes. Then I had about 6 trout, some bigger, chase the streamer for several yards but not actually hit it. Fun watching them chase it, though.

Thunderstorms on Wed and Thursday on Paint Creek and the Nolichucky spoiled that fishing.

Edited by jakeway (07/10/09 11:06 PM)

#1403249 - 07/11/09 02:09 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: ghosthunter]
SharpEyeGirl
8 Point

Loc: West Tennessee

thats cool

'PR' Elmore's Pumped Up Cricket

If you ain't never come down with this disease, you ain't ever
climbed up in a tree!

#1403255 - 07/11/09 04:45 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: SharpEyeGirl]
.44mag
4 Point

Loc: Dickson Tn

very cool pics

#1403364 - 07/11/09 08:56 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: .44mag]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: jakeway
Nice shots.

Gil, when were you there and how late after generation were you?

I'm having a "forced vacation" day on Monday, so I thought I'd take the jon boat up there and see how it works. If I end up spending the day dragging it over the shallow spots, so be it.

I stopped there Tuesday afternoon on my way to Greeneville on business. Fished Happy Hollow. It was about 1 pm and had basic 1 generator level. Didn't do anything on nymphs, so I switched to a sink tip line and a large white WB. Caught a rainbow and a brookie about like yours (rod butt to front end of handle) in the first 5 minutes. Then I had about 6 trout, some bigger, chase the streamer for several yards but not actually hit it. Fun watching them chase it, though.

Thunderstorms on Wed and Thursday on Paint Creek and the Nolichucky spoiled that fishing.

I was up there Thursday afternoon. They were burping one hour for every six hours. I put in at Betty's and motored up almost to Happy and floated back down. I didn't even fish out of the boat, just got out and waded when it looked good. I had to drag once and banged the prop a couple of other times, but no problems otherwise. I would imagine a jon boat might be a little heavier, ride deeper, and hit bottom more often.

Fishing was average. I caught maybe 30 with most being stockers with a few decent browns in there. The big brookie was my highlight. I struggled for a while until I found something they would eat. PM me and I'll tell you.

Good luck!

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1403376 - 07/11/09 09:18 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: scn]
strutandrut
Non-Typical

Loc: signal mountain

cool

Why do I carry a gun? Because cops weigh too much to carry and are difficult to conceal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#1403506 - 07/11/09 11:37 AM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

Look for me too. I need a great deal on an SLR and a couple nice lenses. I'll probably be able to afford it in 2020. \:D

So says the guy who doesn't know yet what marriage and kids do to a man's finances.

bd

#1403575 - 07/11/09 01:42 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: B.D.]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Brian Dunigan

So says the guy who doesn't know yet what marriage and kids do to a man's finances.

bd

I'm writing checks this month for an architect, a wedding, and a honeymoon. It is more than I make in a year. And that's before I even start on the addition to my house. I'm starting to get an inkling...

Hey, I haven't seen you on the carp thread. Have you manned up yet, or is the shoulder too much to even try it.?

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1403709 - 07/11/09 03:46 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: gil1]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

I don't even have a number yet. I'm making slow progress in physical therapy. I am hoping maybe by the end of the month I'll be able to sign up and squeeze in one day, just so I can put a fish on the board and not miss out entirely. At least that way I could make the banquet.

bd

#1403876 - 07/11/09 06:53 PM Re: Underwater Trout Pics. [Re: B.D.]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Brian Dunigan
I don't even have a number yet. I'm making slow progress in physical therapy. I am hoping maybe by the end of the month I'll be able to sign up and squeeze in one day, just so I can put a fish on the board and not miss out entirely. At least that way I could make the banquet.

bd

I either feel pretty bad for you

OR

You are doing the best snow job in our history of carp tourney snow jobs! \:D

Dr. Saxton Pope

Page all of 4 1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AKeys, GUIDO, Bnpainter, TannersDad, Bowkiller13
13380 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (SilverFox, Cottontop, WMAn, AlexHensley, redblood, tmac, 12 invisible) and 132 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13380 Members
42 Forums
95608 Topics
1118908 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.055 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.