Mouse Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

I have got to do that one day. \:D

#1352230 - 06/02/09 08:37 PM Re: Bowfishing with Horns!! [Re: RUGER]
rukiddin?
8 Point

Loc: E. Tenn

Where's all the blood on the carpet? \:\)

I have but one request to fellow bowfishermen....Please do not "quick release" your carp. Keep them in a barrel or tub and dispose of them in a way that will not negatively impact bowfishing. This is becoming a very big issue in the bowfishing community and we need all the support we can get.

I'm not saying you guys specifically, just pass the word along.
NO RAMP DUMPING!!!

"I'm gone to carolina in my mind"

#1352653 - 06/03/09 07:19 AM Re: Bowfishing with Horns!! [Re: rukiddin?]
spitndrum
Team TLBB Woodpile Boys
Non-Typical

Loc: Cumberland Plateau

Originally Posted By: rukiddin?
Where's all the blood on the carpet? \:\)

I have but one request to fellow bowfishermen....Please do not "quick release" your carp. Keep them in a barrel or tub and dispose of them in a way that will not negatively impact bowfishing. This is becoming a very big issue in the bowfishing community and we need all the support we can get.

I'm not saying you guys specifically, just pass the word along.
NO RAMP DUMPING!!!

We dont dump ours at the ramp and I know you wasnt pointing fingers at us jus saying Tim dont shoot around Marinas and such so there is no dead ones floating!

#1352929 - 06/03/09 08:36 AM Re: Bowfishing with Horns!! [Re: WORM82]
J Hartman
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, Maury, TN

what do you do with the fish after you shoot them??? I know that those carp are ""trash fish"" but can you eat them?

#1352994 - 06/03/09 09:07 AM Re: Bowfishing with Horns!! [Re: J Hartman]
spitndrum
Team TLBB Woodpile Boys
Non-Typical

I dont eat em we jus shake em off the shaft and watch em sink!!!

#1353039 - 06/03/09 09:54 AM Re: Bowfishing with Horns!! [Re: rukiddin?]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

I'll second this. I don't bowfish, but bowfishing is legal and that's fine. But personally, I don't appreciate fishing in a spot that bowfishers have hit and "quick relased" where I have to look at fifty dead and dying buffalo, gar, carp, etc. floating around while I fish.

I was taught that when you kill something, you've got a responsibility to eat your kill or make use of it somehow. You don't just kill for sport and then leave your kill to rot. That's not what sportsmen do - though it's what PETA says we do. I don't like seeing people help them make their case.

I understand that other folks don't have the same sportsman's ethics that I do, and TWRA has said you can kill all the "trash" fish you want and just leave them to die. So you're within your rights, my opinion notwithstanding, and I understand that.

How about a compromise: I will fully support bowfishing and will not complain about it, as long as you guys carry your catch out, give it to someone who wants the fish, put it on the garden for fertilizer, or at least make some pretense of using your kill. But every time I fish a creek or a flat where you guys have left two dozen dying fish twirling around shot, I give serious thought to calling my TWRC Commissioner and asking them to start regulating you guys.

bd

#1353181 - 06/03/09 11:37 AM Re: Bowfishing with Horns!! [Re: B.D.]
showmehorns
16 Point

Loc: usually in the woods

Originally Posted By: Brian Dunigan

I'll second this. I don't bowfish, but bowfishing is legal and that's fine. But personally, I don't appreciate fishing in a spot that bowfishers have hit and "quick relased" where I have to look at fifty dead and dying buffalo, gar, carp, etc. floating around while I fish.

I was taught that when you kill something, you've got a responsibility to eat your kill or make use of it somehow. You don't just kill for sport and then leave your kill to rot. That's not what sportsmen do - though it's what PETA says we do. I don't like seeing people help them make their case.

I understand that other folks don't have the same sportsman's ethics that I do, and TWRA has said you can kill all the "trash" fish you want and just leave them to die. So you're within your rights, my opinion notwithstanding, and I understand that.

How about a compromise: I will fully support bowfishing and will not complain about it, as long as you guys carry your catch out, give it to someone who wants the fish, put it on the garden for fertilizer, or at least make some pretense of using your kill. But every time I fish a creek or a flat where you guys have left two dozen dying fish twirling around shot, I give serious thought to calling my TWRC Commissioner and asking them to start regulating you guys.

bd

I'll make no pretense on using my kill. They are carp, they are invasive, and killing them for sport makes a lot of sense. When weight isn't a issue (two people or less), I'll load them up and take them to the farm to rot. When weight is an issue, they go back in the water. NEVER will I dump fish around a ramp or in any type of marina for the those that are so soft hearted.

You live with this and I'll think about not calling my TWRC Commissioner and asking them to start regulating you guys that leave a dozen, dead and floating, GAME FISH laying around after a big tournament.

#1353319 - 06/03/09 12:49 PM Re: Bowfishing with Horns!! [Re: B.D.]
spitndrum
Team TLBB Woodpile Boys
Non-Typical

bd

Dude I'm not eating a carp....personally if you have a problem with it find you another place to fish!!! \:D

#1353321 - 06/03/09 12:51 PM Re: Bowfishing with Horns!! [Re: showmehorns]
spitndrum
Team TLBB Woodpile Boys
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: showmehorns

bd

I'll make no pretense on using my kill. They are carp, they are invasive, and killing them for sport makes a lot of sense. When weight isn't a issue (two people or less), I'll load them up and take them to the farm to rot. When weight is an issue, they go back in the water. NEVER will I dump fish around a ramp or in any type of marina for the those that are so soft hearted.

You live with this and I'll think about not calling my TWRC Commissioner and asking them to start regulating you guys that leave a dozen, dead and floating, GAME FISH laying around after a big tournament.

Uh....hits home huh....never gonna win folks to each is his own jus enjoy your sport and thats that!! \:D

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (mossyhorns300, bjohnson, Good time Charlie, RodBone75, barkscaler, scn, 14 invisible) and 134 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90945 Topics
1062670 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.07 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.