Tndeer Logo

Page 8 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#1343220 - 05/27/09 08:20 AM Re: Catch and Release [Re: Tubakka]
Tubakka
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Headhunter, I type pretty darn fast. But that's beside the point...wait, let me look for a kitchen sink you can reference my typing speed against...???

Seriously dude, if all you're going to do is shoot spitwads in class, just sit down. You haven't said anything contributory or remotely useful since I've known you on this forum. All you do is take pot shots. And you're neither constructive nor very creative about it. A virtual keyboard cretan. At least I try to put some kind of spin on it in my friendly bouts with gil, and I think the fruits produced from both sides can be very entertaining at times.

..."bro"...haha, I googled that episode to watch. Thanks for rekindling gil.

#1343224 - 05/27/09 08:21 AM Re: Catch and Release [Re: Tubakka]
Tubakka
6 Point

I will say gil it was very clever to mask your arguments in catch-and-release forum with turning it into another attack by yours truly onto the emotional appeal of finer-things-in-life angling. Now back to the topic at hand....
#1343249 - 05/27/09 08:35 AM Re: Catch and Release [Re: gil1]
AlabamaSwamper
12 Point

Loc: Southern Wayne CO and NW Alaba...

THere has been plenty of lakes ruined by length limits as well as C&R practices.

Many states are now encouraging folks to keep fish, especially bass.

Wilson was all but ruined by the 15" rule and Bay SPrings has way to many spots.

http://twitter.com/AlabamaSwamper

#1343261 - 05/27/09 08:47 AM Re: Catch and Release [Re: Kirk]
num1medic
14 Point

Loc: Crossville,TN

If its legal and edible, I keep and clean. Not only for me but my parents and grandparents love to eat fish too.

#1343524 - 05/27/09 10:46 AM Re: Catch and Release [Re: num1medic]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

Tubs, you are a first class moron.

#1343526 - 05/27/09 10:48 AM Re: Catch and Release [Re: num1medic]
BGobbler
6 Point

Loc: Lawrenceburg

alabama swamper i fish wilson on a weekly basis and you are exactly right it is still overstocked with little fish but is getting better ever year with new regs. I have friend who goes down there every tuesday and keeps a limit he feeds his family with them. I dont think there is a thing wrong with keeping fish as long as it is legal
#1343549 - 05/27/09 11:09 AM Re: Catch and Release [Re: num1medic]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Tubakka
I will say gil it was very clever to mask your arguments in catch-and-release forum with turning it into another attack by yours truly onto the emotional appeal of finer-things-in-life angling. Now back to the topic at hand....

But here's the thing, Ole Tartar Sauce - I didn't even bring it up. I wasn't talking about the Caney or even fly fishing. What I said to introduce the thread was...

Originally Posted By: gil1
Instead of dissing the other side for what they believe, I'd love to hear specific reasons for your mentality on the subject. I don't give a crap what you think about your neighbor's methodologies. What makes you tick and why?

But you piled on like you always do. Those of us that don't care to fish like you are not allowed to have an opinion about catch and release because we can't handle the catch part of the equation. You also said that I don't know the fishery well enough to be allowed to have an opinion.

I never said I was Buck Perry, and Lord knows I'm not half the man you are, but I'm still allowed to have an opinion. How in the world do you fit that gargantuan ego inside that thick skull of yours?

The boy reminds me of an old Chessie I had (RIP). She had the drive to be a fine retriever, but she was just too hard-headed and headstrong to be worth a crap. I had to have her tubes tied and leave her at home when the ducks were flying. She never "got it," and neither will you Tubbs.

Originally Posted By: rsimms
Gil ... give up. In truth, your signature says it all: "Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

All fishermen figure that out sooner or later... some sooner, some later.

I think I WILL give up for now. Tomorrow afternoon, I will be wading on either the South Holston or the Watauga River. If I'm lucky, I'll catch a rainbow in the 12-13 inch range and eat it streamside for supper. I will leave the Ole Tartar Sauce and any other sides that leave a bad taste in your mouth at home. \:\)

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1343756 - 05/27/09 12:36 PM Re: Catch and Release [Re: gil1]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Man aint it great to be summer again \:\)

I should have gotten Tubs, Bob Dennis' autograph. He is the largest collector of Spoonplugs in the country.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#1344679 - 05/27/09 11:55 PM Re: Catch and Release [Re: bowriter]
Tubakka
6 Point

Gil, gil gil...the only reason my argument about your tactics has any validity is because you started a thread about catch and release...you have said repeatedly you don't care about catching big trout because you enjoy what you do, no matter what. Man, I don't care. Have a ball...but my issue comes with you trying to talk management of larger fish you don't interact with regularly. That was it. No ego, dude. None whatsoever, you brought it up. The only reason in this thread tactic was brought up because in many instances with the trout, the tactic you choose automatically prequalifies you for a certain size class. Period. If you wade shallow water tossing small flies, you're not fishing for big fish under normal circumstances. If you're cool with that, I'm cool with that. What I'm not cool with is that particular demographic being so outspoken about their assessment of the status of a fishery, or trying to tell people who do regularly catch nicer fish on other tactics what to do with those fish, or how it affects their catch of those fish that they don't target or apparently don't care to to begin with. Gil, don't try to turn me into a Snidely Whiplash here, man. It ain't going to work. Your argument has more flaws than a Polish submarine, but you still keep trying to close that screen door on my logic. I have no problem with what you or anyone else on that river does period, as long as you don't try to tell me who fishes it under a variety of conditions targeting nicer sized fish the status of the fishery. I'll gun you down everytime.
#1344680 - 05/28/09 12:02 AM Re: Catch and Release [Re: Tubakka]
Tubakka
6 Point

Gil, just to sumarize this, you've said you don't care to catch bigger fish because you don't care to adjust your tactics to target them. That's fine, dude. If you have fun doing what you're doing, that's great. In fact, on falling water sometime, I'd love to join you wading at Betty's Island at dusk. It's a blast! And there's always a shot at a nicer fish. But it's absolute ignorance when you are talking catch and release about fish you hardly ever catch because you don't even target them. That's not a slant at your ability; you're consciously choosing not to do what it takes to go after them, so what is your problem then? I have no problem with WHAT you do until you try to interject your opinion on a topic, the status of larger fish in the river, when you have absolutely no idea what it is. At all. No offense man. You keep saying how terrible harvest is and how much harvest has occurred and how its absolutely destroyed the fishery. Dude, I didn't plant hooks today, although the girl I took got a 30" rockfish on light tackle which was a hoot, but moved a trout that was bigger than the rock, and 3 over 25". Big fish are in there. Yet, you all persist in saying how there are no big browns and how much harvest has killed it. Yet, I see the exact opposite. I'm not saying that harvest is responsible for that, but obviously the fishery, as I stated, is built to sustain a level of harvest, and with the continued stocking, it would take a legion of anglers much more adept than me to clean out the river like you think is all too possible.
Page 8 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (dcsoldier44) and 50 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.02 seconds in which 0.014 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.