Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1319105 - 05/07/09 10:48 AM Will we ever fish the Caney again?
Back Home
10 Point

Loc: Lebanon

Everytime I've checked the generation schedule, it's been "2 or more" for weeks now. I'm a newbie to the river -- is this normal? last time i went down there, I managed to do a little fishin, but not without look real hard for a decent eddie or two to throw a lure into.
#1319516 - 05/07/09 06:08 PM Re: Will we ever fish the Caney again? [Re: Back Home]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Be another month or so. They have to get it back down to below summer pool. But on the bright side, fishing in the lake could be red hot in a week or so.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#1319652 - 05/07/09 08:17 PM Re: Will we ever fish the Caney again? [Re: bowriter]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

All the rain I guess

You wont know,if you dont go!

#1324379 - 05/12/09 06:49 AM Re: Will we ever fish the Caney again? [Re: Football Hunter]
basset
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Brought my son home from Tenn. Tech on Friday and went by Center Hill dam on the way, the lake was indeed high... how do I post a picture on here?
#1324944 - 05/12/09 03:21 PM Re: Will we ever fish the Caney again? [Re: basset]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: basset
how do I post a picture on here?

Originally Posted By: gil1
Create an account with Photobucket.com or another photo website. On Photobucket, go to "My Albums." In the top right corner, under "Upload Images and Photos" is a tiny box that says,"Reduce to." Make sure you choose "640 x 480 (Large)." This makes sure the photos are not too big or small.

You can then upload photos to the sight by clicking on "Choose Files." You can upload one at a time or multiples by highlighting your files with the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard.

When all your files are uploaded, put your cursor on the picture you want to display on tndeer. Hold your cursor over the photo, and four "links" will drop down under the photo. Left click on the last link to the right of "IMG Code." This will highlight the link. Then right click on the highlighted section to copy it. Now go to the thread on tndeer.com. Under the last post, right click your mouse and then click "Paste." You can then type in your comments above or below the link to your photo.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1325044 - 05/12/09 05:18 PM Re: Will we ever fish the Caney again? [Re: gil1]
Tubakka
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Um...why don't you go fish it?
#1327029 - 05/14/09 09:57 AM Re: Will we ever fish the Caney again? [Re: Tubakka]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Dang Gil, if I'd know it was that complicated, I would never have even stared. I just click on C then click on V.

Now Chewbacca, it could be the reason he isn't fishing is he has seen the river and realizes it one dangerous sumbuck right now.

But that's just a guess. BTW- They did recover the body last week.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#1327595 - 05/14/09 06:19 PM Re: Will we ever fish the Caney again? [Re: bowriter]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: bowriter
Dang Gil, if I'd know it was that complicated, I would never have even stared. I just click on C then click on V.

Prolly a much easier way to post a dern photo, but I don't know it. Now I ain't nearly as smart as BSK, but like him, I have been known to overthink a situation. Sometimes, you gotta put down the map and just go huntin'. ;\)

Speaking of, your SEOPA piece was phenomenal. It almost pisses me off because it at least appears to be so simple. I overthink my writing, too.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1329628 - 05/16/09 03:55 PM Re: Will we ever fish the Caney again? [Re: gil1]
Tubakka
6 Point

Loc: Tennessee

We went to fish the Super Caney today. The other boat in our party got a largemouth and a few brown follows. I somehow managed to pull a 23.5 which is on the grill now and released a 24.5 out of my hat. I wish the river'd stay this way for a good long time. It'd be a wonderful study to learn how these fish react in high water. We got our two nice'uns in the eddies, one of htem was actually within half a cast of a designated shore fishing area near the dam. The eddies seemed to be the primary key, and look for baitfish, but I'm sure that there are fish back in the brush as well. We had a heck of a time fishing it htough, but we saw some baitfish being chased back in the thick of one of the submerged islands. I'm sure there's a trolling game to this, but man...with 30 feet of water under you, it really is intimidating first time out on it, at least from a fishing aspect. Saw some brave kayakers and canoers. Kayak I can see...canoe? The cross current below one of the bridges was giving me trouble upstream. Tried to buck me running through it with the 25. There HAS to be a way to fish this, and I bet it's THE time to get the giants. Any thoughts?
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
104 registered (gasman, Encore Eye Candy, Bigg'un4214, Quailman, Poser, Master Chief, 11 invisible) and 160 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85117 Topics
1028591 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.26 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.