Tndeer Logo

Page all of 9 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1322943 - 05/10/09 08:56 PM L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note
Tree Dog
Woodpile Boys
Spike

Loc: Lewisburg TN

Saw a good Tom in a wheat field, so I called MarkII and my dad. He has not had very much luck this season. So they show up and we start the pretty boy creep and this tom comes bout 200 yards blowed up the whole way. Laying down beside pretty boy, my dad takes the shot at 25 yards. DEAD BIRD!! Great bird 20 pounds double beard 12 3/8" beard and 4" and 3/4" spurs.Pretty good season... THANK GOD FOR PRETTY BOY

#1322957 - 05/10/09 08:59 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Tree Dog]
buckhorn40
Non-Typical

Loc: Crossville

#1322979 - 05/10/09 09:08 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: buckhorn40]
TurkeyBurd Moderator
Woodpile Boys
10 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill

Thats awesome- Brian. Did yall kill it behind Mrs. Allen's?

#1322984 - 05/10/09 09:11 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: TurkeyBurd]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Very cool, congratulations. \:D

#1323002 - 05/10/09 09:25 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: RUGER]
Outdoor Lady
16 Point

Loc: Maynardville, Tn

Congrats!

"Outdoor Lady"

#1323022 - 05/10/09 09:39 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Outdoor Lady]
Dodgeball
Woodpile Boys
6 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill, TN

congrats and congrats on a great year.

#1323023 - 05/10/09 09:39 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Outdoor Lady]
THE ONE
Woodpile Boys
12 Point

Loc: the hill

Nice job brian you should have went to the pile to get ya a pic. Congrats on a great year!

#1323043 - 05/10/09 09:59 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: THE ONE]
primos32
6 Point

Loc: Savannah, TN

congrats!
#1323054 - 05/10/09 10:10 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: THE ONE]
Tree Dog
Woodpile Boys
Spike

Originally Posted By: THE ONE
Nice job brian you should have went to the pile to get ya a pic. Congrats on a great year!
We should have but didn't think bout it till later on. But whatever we kill next will be there

#1323058 - 05/10/09 10:13 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: TurkeyBurd]
Tree Dog
Woodpile Boys
Spike

Originally Posted By: TurkeyBurd
Thats awesome- Brian. Did yall kill it behind Mrs. Allen's?
No killed him in that big field on the right beside of the bridge that goes over the river. He was bout 200 yards from the boat ramp that's under the bridge

#1323072 - 05/10/09 10:43 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Tree Dog]
mark II
Woodpile Boys
4 Point

Loc: lewisburg

Boy oh boy does Pretty Boy have an affect on on those ol feid birds,the longer the season went on the better the birds are a
acting. I would like to see the seasons open later.The birds are just now getting right as the feilds are growing up the birds ranges are getting smaller.

#1323178 - 05/11/09 06:50 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: mark II]
spitndrum
Supreme Hunting Outdoors Pro Staff
Non-Typical

Loc: Cumberland Plateau

Congrats Guys!!!

#1323295 - 05/11/09 08:11 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: spitndrum]
Blue5
Woodpile Boys
16 Point

Congrats! First person to take a fish pic at the woodpile wins a big prize!

#1323526 - 05/11/09 11:05 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Tree Dog]
highwayman
Button

Loc: chapel hill, tn

Good deal. Seen that burd several times on the way home. Glad yall got him.
#1324008 - 05/11/09 07:41 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: highwayman]
jbranham63
4 Point

Loc: Johnson City, Tennessee

Congrats on a nice bird!
#1324029 - 05/11/09 07:55 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: jbranham63]
Anonymous TnDeer Old Timer
Unregistered

if that is the only way i could kill one, i would quit. don't really blame you for shooting it, but a big ole bird like that deserves better than a decoy spread, a sneak, or getting shot off a limb. this decoy thing has gone way overboard. try getting in position, good calling choices, and patience.
#1324059 - 05/11/09 08:19 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
RNT
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

To each his own, brotha

#1324061 - 05/11/09 08:20 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: RNT]
RNT
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

great job guys!

#1324098 - 05/11/09 08:40 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
TurkeyBurd Moderator
Woodpile Boys
10 Point

Deerlawyer- each person has their own way of hunting. Everything they did was perfectly legal, as an attorney you should know that. All I'm saying is allow people to hunt anyway they wish to.
I would put those three boys up against anyone in the woods, pretty durn good. Like I've said in the past, 'You eat your chicken tonight and we'll eat our fried TURKEY'!

Originally Posted By: deerlawyer
if that is the only way i could kill one, i would quit. don't really blame you for shooting it, but a big ole bird like that deserves better than a decoy spread, a sneak, or getting shot off a limb. this decoy thing has gone way overboard. try getting in position, good calling choices, and patience.

#1324137 - 05/11/09 08:57 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: TurkeyBurd]
THE ONE
Woodpile Boys
12 Point

ONE TIME, WOODPILE BABY!!!!!

#1324154 - 05/11/09 09:09 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
Tree Dog
Woodpile Boys
Spike

Each to his own!! You worry bout ur birds and let us worry bout ours!!! exactly how many big birds have you killed this year BUDDY?

#1324180 - 05/11/09 09:29 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
mark II
Woodpile Boys
4 Point

Listen here smarty pants this bird was called in and not just pretty boy was the reason this bird was killed he gobbled every time i called, besides that i am 22 years old and have won three NWTF Wild Turkey Bourbon Grand National Titles , So i dont think you nedd to be telling some one how to hunt, Come own down if you feel froggy.

#1324187 - 05/11/09 09:36 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: mark II]
Blue5
Woodpile Boys
16 Point

Thats right!

#1324214 - 05/11/09 09:59 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Blue5]
maverick88
Button

Loc: Lewisburg

Congrats boys!!!! Great year in Marshall Co. again. What a bird.
#1324231 - 05/11/09 10:12 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
THE ONE
Woodpile Boys
12 Point

Come on dude, if you want to get down to it it is probably harder to sneek with pretty boy than it is to call a tom in. Dont get mad cause you are jealous, we kill em day in and day out and we kill em our way. Great job guys once again yall had a h!## of a season. TREEDOG and MARKII me and Turkeyburd set up on that burd many times, i crawed to him with pretty boy one day and when i got there it was only hens he had already flew the Duck. He was wise ol burd glad yall connected!

#1324241 - 05/11/09 10:24 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
maverick88
Button

Don't know who you are or where you're from but here in Marshall County WE GET IT DONE and if that means dropping the calls and putting a sneak on a bird that won't come to calling then so be it. It's what we do, if they don't come to use we go to them. So you keep sitting there using your good calling choices and watch the birds walk away.

#1324272 - 05/11/09 11:00 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
Dodgeball
Woodpile Boys
6 Point

Is this dude serious OMG. Congrats again guys i know yall are some of the best turkey hunters around. And Congrats to all the L-burg crew on a great year. You guys are top Notch.

#1324291 - 05/11/09 11:16 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Dodgeball]
Unregistered

are you kidding me! crawling with a decoy and hiding behind it to kill the turkey. what a joke!! i bet he's not safe on a limb either? man you boys are skilled!! woo woo woodpile!!
#1324296 - 05/11/09 11:19 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
Tree Dog
Woodpile Boys
Spike

We call ourself L-burg Boys but us and Woodpile Boys are all the same.... MARSHALL COUNTY proud, so if u think you can hang just try us. We put more meat on the table a year than almost anybody

#1324297 - 05/11/09 11:19 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
Dodgeball
Woodpile Boys
6 Point

Dont be jealous. its all good the twra handbook does not say its illegal to crawl behind a decoy.

#1324306 - 05/11/09 11:41 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
Tree Dog
Woodpile Boys
Spike

are you kidding me! crawling with a decoy and hiding behind it to kill the turkey. what a joke!! i bet he's not safe on a limb either? man you boys are skilled!! woo woo woodpile!!
JUST TRY TO HANG WITH THESE WOODPILE BOYS

#1324408 - 05/12/09 07:17 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
RNT
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

It's called HUNTING....well within all laws. Puttin the sneak on animals has been done since the start of time...Do you think the Indians sat around with Buffalo calls hid under a tree and waited for one to come within 25 yards and then sling an arrow at it?? If nothin else, you should be happy for the guy's dad for finally connecting on a bird after a tough season.

#1324439 - 05/12/09 07:40 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: RNT]
TurkeyBurd Moderator
Woodpile Boys
10 Point

Deerlawyer- you are missing my point. You hunt the way you want to and I'll hunt my way. What gives you the right to condemn others on their hunting tactics? I disagree with your childish remarks. How have you proven yourself in the woods? Thanks for your time.

#1324454 - 05/12/09 07:52 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: TurkeyBurd]
bigdeer
4 Point

Loc: tenn

just cuz u can't sneak up on a gobbler or probable not even a jake for that matter y don't u just hunt ur way and leave us turkey snipers alone. as i always say don't hate the player,hate the game. sorry man ur on the bench
#1324469 - 05/12/09 08:01 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Tree Dog]
JohnnyBond
Cat Man
Non-Typical

Loc:

Congrats
#1324537 - 05/12/09 09:00 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
mark II
Woodpile Boys
4 Point

What is this limb crap you keep taklking about i got videos in daylight no limbs hunters around here you must be the only one that has to resort to that. We got proof of how we do things Were is all your limb birds.

#1324547 - 05/12/09 09:05 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: mark II]
mark II
Woodpile Boys
4 Point

I think this must be a big joke just to see us fired up, so the best thing this guy needs like when CALLING turkeys "Just give him the silent treatment" That will give him a fit. Besides he does not sound like nothing but a fool. Let him lay and keep wishing he was as good as us.

#1324654 - 05/12/09 10:49 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Tree Dog]
easy45
Non-Typical

Loc: Chester County

congrats

#1324657 - 05/12/09 10:51 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: mark II]
WingNut
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

Congrats guys, man yall had a great year. All and all a stellar year for the woodpile boys. We will all have to try and get together at the river this year.

#1324707 - 05/12/09 12:00 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: WingNut]
Unregistered

i know you boys got some skills and are good fellas. i am sure half your birds are killed the right way. try challenging yourselves and agree to leave the plastic birds at home and stop the sneaks next year. you will still get all your birds and learn a lot in the process and become better hunters. by the way, calling contests don't impress me and have nothing to do with killing a turkey. i am sure they are a lot of fun though. good luck guys.
#1324713 - 05/12/09 12:05 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
String Music
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Looks like the Woodpile Boys need to put up the shotguns and try hunting with a bow! Are there any turkeys left in Marshall County??
"For I know the plans I have for you..." Jer. 29:11

#1324797 - 05/12/09 01:00 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: String Music]
kingcamo
4 Point

Loc: chapel hill,tn

Woodpile Boys are hardworking country boys. I have known most of them all my life. Grew up with most of them. Skinned there deer back in the day. Carried em' goose hunting, duck hunting. Even drunk a few with them. They will get very upset when you talk about them. They are very skilled in the woods, rivers, and the blinds. Upstanding men in the town, and county. But a word to the wise. Don't cross them. We are all like family. Mess with 1 and there will be 10 watching.

Good job Woodpile Boys and to let everyone know there are a few birds left in the county. Just not too many.....

#1324823 - 05/12/09 01:20 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: kingcamo]
muddyboots
12 Point

Loc: savannah, tn., usa

Whatever it takes to kill em. I will have to try that bmobile sneak. I can always use a new trick. Congrats on a good season.

#1324862 - 05/12/09 01:41 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: muddyboots]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Theres some serious he-man chest beating in this thread lol

#1324885 - 05/12/09 02:13 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: smstone22]
TurkeyBurd Moderator
Woodpile Boys
10 Point

Deerlawyer-What seminar are you speaking at this week? Always in to picking up a few tips! Thanks again for your time.

#1324905 - 05/12/09 02:39 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: TurkeyBurd]
RNT
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

\:D \:D

#1324908 - 05/12/09 02:40 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: TurkeyBurd]
WingNut
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

Deerlawyer-What seminar are you speaking at this week? Always in to picking up a few tips! Thanks again for your time.

Count me in to Burd, the whole woodpile should go and we can learn from the expert hunter that is Deerlawyer on how to kill turkeys the "right" way.

String- There are pleanty of birds left in Marshall County we will show you next year when we post the 2010 season pics up... stay tuned! Heck I will kill one with the bow for ya.

#1324911 - 05/12/09 02:43 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: WingNut]
RNT
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

yeah...I need a new bow. I would love to smoke one with a bow!! I wonder if any fellas around this site have won a new bow that they would like to sell for cheap!?!?! \:D \:D

#1324913 - 05/12/09 02:47 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: RNT]
WingNut
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

I need a new bow too. I think there are selling them at the seminar that Deerlawyer is speaking at this weekend. We can get one there RNT. TurkeyBurd is Driving. We have to take "The TN Rattler" its the Woodpile Taxi

#1324964 - 05/12/09 03:38 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
mark II
Woodpile Boys
4 Point

i know you boys got some skills and are good fellas. i am sure half your birds are killed the right way. try challenging yourselves and agree to leave the plastic birds at home and stop the sneaks next year. you will still get all your birds and learn a lot in the process and become better hunters. by the way, calling contests don't impress me and have nothing to do with killing a turkey. i am sure they are a lot of fun though. good luck guys.
Calling contest do have to do with killing turkeys cause it proves i now how and am more than capeable so if i choose to use a decoy thats my buisness so why dont you go shuv off cause your barking up the wrong tree.And there are many right ways to kill birds and every way we use are RIGHT.You dont buy our licenses or pay for are gas so mind your own and since you now so much 90% of are birds are called in and we only use pretty boy when nothing else works.

Edited by mark II (05/12/09 09:58 PM)

#1325019 - 05/12/09 04:39 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
Tree Dog
Woodpile Boys
Spike

I was really proud to get my dad a good bird after he called them all year and had no luck. So you just keep your opinion to yourself next year. Don't worry bout us cause we can call but if they don't come, we go after them. So thank you for your time deerlawyer but stay off my pitures if you ain't got nothing good to say...GREAT SEASON WOODPILE BOYS

#1325371 - 05/12/09 09:44 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Tree Dog]
maverick88
Button

L-Burg Boys and Woodpile boys!!! One county, Great hunting, and Great hunters!!! UNITED WE STAND!!!! Congrats again Woodpile Boys on a great season!!!

Edited by maverick88 (05/12/09 10:05 PM)

#1325408 - 05/12/09 10:08 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
THE ONE
Woodpile Boys
12 Point

Looks to me like your the JOKE!! You should try the pretty boy thing sometime I bet the farm you could not get 100yards to him unless you started at 99yards. Whats your name? I think i seen you on the outdoor channel, no that was not you your to good for that. JOKE!

#1325456 - 05/12/09 11:31 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: THE ONE]
TurkeyBurd Moderator
Woodpile Boys
10 Point

Things are getting a little harsh. I think points have been made on both sides. Points made and taken as well. But next year I don't know whether to try my new ninja suit or chicken snake suit to make my move on the turkeys? Should be interesting anyway.

#1325468 - 05/13/09 12:14 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Tree Dog]
DBLAARCHERY
Woodpile Boys Neighbor
14 Point

Loc: Cannon County Outback

Way to go guys...I guess I am going to have to come over and hunt with the woodpile boys next year... ;\)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day...Teach him how to fish and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!

#1325470 - 05/13/09 12:22 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: RNT]
DBLAARCHERY
Woodpile Boys Neighbor
14 Point

Loc: Cannon County Outback

Originally Posted By: RNT

It's called HUNTING....well within all laws. Puttin the sneak on animals has been done since the start of time...Do you think the Indians sat around with Buffalo calls hid under a tree and waited for one to come within 25 yards and then sling an arrow at it?? If nothin else, you should be happy for the guy's dad for finally connecting on a bird after a tough season.

I got on this a little late but this is a great point...Woodpile boys don't lower your standards and comment back to guys like lawyer boy... \:D

I have heard good things about you guys and no matter how you hunt if its legal no worries... ;\)

I like the comment about the buffalo...Clever very clever...Fair chase is not sitting waiting on animals to come buy because you call every 15 minutes...Fair chase is going after an animal by any legal means possible...Good job guys keep the pics and stories coming...

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day...Teach him how to fish and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!

#1325827 - 05/13/09 09:31 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: DBLAARCHERY]
highwayman
Button

Loc: chapel hill, tn

A so-called lawyer trying to tell someone to play fair?? Now that's knee slappin funny. I hope you do a better job making your point in the court room cause you just got served by a bunch of rednecks. Court adjourned beeeaaatttccchhh!! (gavel slam, gavel slam)
#1325925 - 05/13/09 11:01 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: highwayman]
Blue5
Woodpile Boys
16 Point

Hey Lburg Boys I wonder what DeerLawyer would think about yalls other "Decoys"!

#1325934 - 05/13/09 11:10 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Blue5]
muddyboots
12 Point

Loc: savannah, tn., usa

I have always wanted me a cut out of a cow so i could walk behind it.

#1325937 - 05/13/09 11:12 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Blue5]
8 POINTS OR BETTER
10 Point

Loc: Hardin, Co.

I'm just glad to see these young guys out enjoying the great outdoors. I wish more young people had the desire to get out and hunt like these guys do.

#1325995 - 05/13/09 12:22 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: muddyboots]
RNT
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

Originally Posted By: muddyboots

\:\)

#1326004 - 05/13/09 12:29 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Blue5]
mark II
Woodpile Boys
4 Point

Originally Posted By: Blue5
Hey Lburg Boys I wonder what DeerLawyer would think about yalls other "Decoys"!
He would shart himself , we never used them but might ,just to shuv it up his ars.

Edited by mark II (05/13/09 12:32 PM)

#1326008 - 05/13/09 12:31 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: mark II]
mark II
Woodpile Boys
4 Point

I do belive the great Preston Pittman bought one so that makes it ok in my book.

#1326042 - 05/13/09 12:50 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: 8 POINTS OR BETTER]
Tree Dog
Woodpile Boys
Spike

Originally Posted By: 8 POINTS OR BETTER
I'm just glad to see these young guys out enjoying the great outdoors. I wish more young people had the desire to get out and hunt like these guys do.
I wish more young people hunted too. Don't know what's wrong these days, There are to many kids playin video games,when they need to be in a creek or out shoot something. Just my opinion. But I got to give it to Blue5. If there is anyone trying to get young people more involved IT'S HIM

#1326140 - 05/13/09 01:46 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: muddyboots]
TurkeyBurd Moderator
Woodpile Boys
10 Point

This bunch has done it! MOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!

Originally Posted By: muddyboots

#1326610 - 05/13/09 08:59 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: DBLAARCHERY]
Dodgeball
Woodpile Boys
6 Point

Originally Posted By: DBLAARCHERY
Way to go guys...I guess I am going to have to come over and hunt with the woodpile boys next year... ;\)
Thanks and you are more than welcome to come hunt with us.

#1327031 - 05/14/09 09:58 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
KneeKnocker
Spike

Loc: SC

Keep this kind of stuff up. It is the perfect fuel for the anti-hunters. You put it right on the WWW for the whole world to see. Nothing better for them than to see hunters argue among each other. You know "together we stand, diveded we fall." Keep that kind of nit picking up until the TWRA gets involved and decides that no decoys can be used. Keep splitting hairs until the government gets involved and regulates our way of life even more. I would suggest that if you have a problem with the way somebody does something, then send them a message. You know, man to man? Instead of just throwing stones over the internet. Legal is legal. And please quit shoving your ideals and morals down other peoples throats. Feel free to make suggestions or offer advice, but don't tell someone that they are wrong because that isn't the way that you do it. Do you like it when all of those migrants from Ohio that come to Tennessee tell you " that's not how we do it in Ohio?" And why should anyone listen to you anyway? I think Adam and Eve already taught us that you can't trust a snake. Have a good one and feel free to keep enlightening everyone with the tactics that you think us as hunters should be using.

#1327433 - 05/14/09 02:16 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: KneeKnocker]
RNT
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

Go chop go!!!!

#1327485 - 05/14/09 03:15 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: RNT]
WingNut
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

Way to go Chop! Well said

#1327628 - 05/14/09 07:21 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: WingNut]
Dodgeball
Woodpile Boys
6 Point

Well said Chop.

#1327652 - 05/14/09 08:04 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: Dodgeball]
TurkeyBurd Moderator
Woodpile Boys
10 Point

That Citadel education is finally being used. Whhaaaaaaaatt?

#1327659 - 05/14/09 08:11 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: TurkeyBurd]
jbranham63
4 Point

Loc: Johnson City, Tennessee

As long as a turkey is taken legally why does it matter that they used decoys? Seems like these guys know exactly what they are doing they killed 12 or 13 in the same number of days. Seem to be a good bunch of guys too. I dont really know them but turkeyburd even invited me to come down and I just couldnt make it! Why even start something like this over a bird that was legally taken?
#1327768 - 05/14/09 09:31 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: RNT]
mark II
Woodpile Boys
4 Point

Well said knee

#1329242 - 05/16/09 02:50 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: mark II]
TurkeyBurd Moderator
Woodpile Boys
10 Point

Where is deerlawyer? I need some legal advice. Thanks for your time!

#1330005 - 05/17/09 12:38 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: TurkeyBurd]
THE ONE
Woodpile Boys
12 Point

lol

#1338667 - 05/23/09 07:21 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: TurkeyBurd]
Unregistered

Things are getting a little harsh. I think points have been made on both sides. Points made and taken as well. But next year I don't know whether to try my new ninja suit or chicken snake suit to make my move on the turkeys? Should be interesting anyway.

i think i'm gonna build me a woodpile on wheels, and mount me two or three b-mobiles on top, and a couple of hens. then just roll it up to any tom that doesn't come to my calling within the first thirty minutes of daylight, and shoot him through the cracks. should shoot two or three men easy. the more i think about it, this patience thing is bullsh!t.

#1338944 - 05/24/09 10:18 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
RNT
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

\:D \:D \:D \:D you are hularious!!!

Turkeyburd??

Edited by RNT (05/24/09 10:19 AM)

#1338948 - 05/24/09 10:25 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
TurkeyBurd Moderator
Woodpile Boys
10 Point

i think i'm gonna build me a woodpile on wheels, and mount me two or three b-mobiles on top, and a couple of hens. then just roll it up to any tom that doesn't come to my calling within the first thirty minutes of daylight, and shoot him through the cracks. should shoot two or three men easy. the more i think about it, this patience thing is bullsh!t.

No- you are! Chill out master hunter. Must have gotten ripped in court this week?

#1339087 - 05/24/09 01:08 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: TurkeyBurd]
WingNut
Woodpile Boys
8 Point

Is this guy friggin serious?

#1339409 - 05/24/09 08:35 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: mark II]
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: mark II
I do belive the great Preston Pittman bought one so that makes it ok in my book.
Mr. Preston Pittman is one bad [censored] turkey hunter.

#1339697 - 05/24/09 11:52 PM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
baller_9
8 Point

Loc: West TN

Awesome congrats on the season....Who uses decoys? Your not a real hunter unless you leave those cheatin plastic things at home! Thats why we shot 7 gobblers over my buddy pretty boy this year!
#1347779 - 05/30/09 01:28 AM Re: L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note [Re: ]
TNTomtaker01
10 Point

Loc: Middle

Atta boy now your getting the hang of it. Maybe you should just turn your old riding mower into a woodpile, then you wont have to push it.:D

Page all of 9 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
9 registered (BellaBleu, WG Taxidermist, ml4378, ruthunter, remke, TnKen) and 82 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.