Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 258 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#1301062 - 04/23/09 09:13 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Thanks for taking the time to post these devotionals PMT! Looking forward to the next series. ;\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#1301283 - 04/23/09 11:26 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
Pam
12 Point

Loc: MEMPHIS

thanks very much for the Devotionals \:\)

#1301906 - 04/23/09 07:26 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Pam]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

You all are welcome I enjoy doing them.

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#1302446 - 04/24/09 12:13 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

And I like reading them.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#1302686 - 04/24/09 09:22 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
preachermantom
12 Point

God is love!

What a awesome morning here in Tennessee! The sun is up and it is going to be in the 80's today. Be sure to praise God for the beautiful day!

I was on the way to work this morning and I was listening to the radio as usual. They told a story about a man in Michigan who is a millionaire and he has hired a match making service to find him a wife. I did not fully grasp the part of the story but something was said about $50,000 I believe was going to be given to the wife to be....I may be wrong on that part. This story got my mind to thinking. Are we that desperate for love and companionship? I mean the man is a millionaire and can't find a wife on his own.

This scripture came to my mind:

1 John 3:7-8 "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

We all want to be loved I realize that. I think sometimes though we get so caught up in wanting to be loved by other people we often miss the most important love of all....God. Why do we get so caught up on wanting people to love us? The Creator of the universe does love us and that is something we should constantly think about and praise Him about.

Look what Paul tells us in 1 Corn. 7:8-9 "But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion."

The reason Paul tells us it is better not to marry is simple. We can focus on God with all we have. Once we get married and have kids obviously our focus isn't on God near as much as it could be if we were single. God knows us so well though He knew many of us "burn with passion" as Paul put it and provided marriage for us.

So back to the man from Michigan. If you have to buy love is it really love? If this man would find the love of Christ he would find all the love he needs in life. So my question for us today is have we found the real love of our life....Jesus Christ?

God bless and have a great weekend!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#1302708 - 04/24/09 09:56 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

\:\)

#1303014 - 04/24/09 02:55 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
SAWDUST
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: cookeville tn.

Preachermantom keep up the good work.enjoy reading them.
2 TIMOTHY 2:11 This is a faithful saying:
For if we died with HIM,
We shall also live with HIM.

#1305175 - 04/27/09 09:08 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: ]
preachermantom
12 Point

Return to the Word of God Part 1

I had a great weekend. I hope you did too! I am preaching a revival at Cypress Creek Baptist Church in Martin, Tn and preached on this topic yesterday. If you are in the area come and join us tonight at 7:00 p.m.

How many of us are satisfied with our nation and the direction it is going? I believe I already know the answer. None of us. As Christians it is time for us to do something. We have sit around far to long letting those who are non-believers or are not truly converted dictate how our nation is gonna be run!

When the Presidential election was taking place I heard a report on one of the news networks that 84% of our nation is Christian. I nearly fell out of my seat!!! 84%.....are you kidding me. Look at the morals of our nation and those who worship God on a regular basis and you tell me that 84% of our nation is Christian. I would hate to put a number to it but it would come no where close to 84%...matter of fact it wouldn't even make 50% in my opinion.....oh how I wish I was wrong but the nations walk pretty much proves it!

Let me give you the first of several examples this morning of how we know we are no where 84%:

1. Over a million babies killed a year.

Psalm 139:13-16

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my motherís womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

God and God only is the giver and taker of life. From my study of the Bible I see it no other way. As Americans this is a hot topic but as Christians it really isn't hot or it shouldn't be. When or how have we become the judges on who lives and who dies. As we are talking about this we need to be very careful because we are headed for a time down the road that if a person is not useful such as retarded or has a disease or is unable to be productive in society we will kill them. Don't laugh. Our nation is headed that way. Why that might be the answer to our social security problem. When we get to old to be productive kill them. Take them out of the system.

But 84% of America is Christian...oh really!

God knows us before we are created and decides who lives and who dies....it is a life not a choice. What if your mom and dad had chosen for you not to live?

I know this is tough but as Christians we have to quit being silent and start standing we are running out of time!

God bless....Tom

Jesus Christ

#1305284 - 04/27/09 10:39 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Pam
12 Point

Loc: MEMPHIS

good post

#1305288 - 04/27/09 10:41 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Excellent post Tom. Our pastor preached on bringing in the sheep that satan has stolen from the church over the years, and also about taking back our joy and zeal. Prayer, it's a wonderful thing to be heard by the living God!

Page 6 of 258 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
97 registered (WVBulldog, Mule deer, JCDEERMAN, tn308fan, Lakeland Charlie, Cooter, 16 invisible) and 151 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91813 Topics
1073012 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.098 seconds in which 0.012 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.