Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1289188 - 04/14/09 10:43 AM Re: Veteran Wildlife Officer Kills Turkey Hunter [Re: Buck Assassin]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

"There is no evidence to suggest the officer confused the hunter with an animal,"

Now I dont know but why would a game warden making his rounds keeping the law in check be even remotely worried about wether it was an animal or not? If he was on duty he most definately wasnt hunting much less hunting on this guys property. Sound to me like a stake out gone wrong.

Dont tread on me

#1289189 - 04/14/09 10:43 AM Re: Veteran Wildlife Officer Kills Turkey Hunter [Re: ]
bigdeer
4 Point

Loc: tenn

so r they but we dont shoot them just cuz they have a weapon.GW do a good job but alot of people use there power to the xtreme.i hate it for both families know one will ever know the truth bout a shooting except the person who got shot and the person that done the shooting
#1289195 - 04/14/09 10:46 AM Re: Veteran Wildlife Officer Kills Turkey Hunter [Re: ]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Originally Posted By: Seminole39
Think about it this way, every person they come into contact with during hunting is armed. A GW has no idea what that person is thinking or if he or she has something to hide.

I will admit that when I was younger I was stopped, checked and written a warning on private property for not having on an orange vest during deer gun season before. The first thing the warden done was disarm me and unload my weapon. Could have been what happened and the guy probably didnt want to give up his gun.

Dont tread on me

#1289231 - 04/14/09 11:15 AM Re: Veteran Wildlife Officer Kills Turkey Hunter [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Hillbilly Hunter
Killbilly
16 Point

Loc: Branchville

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
 Originally Posted By: bearclaw
Course nearly everyone there poaches and hates the warden because he is tough on poachers.

Maybe that fellow just didn't want any kind of law on his private property.....

that is my bet

#1289382 - 04/14/09 12:44 PM Re: Veteran Wildlife Officer Kills Turkey Hunter [Re: Hillbilly Hunter]
pathfindr92
6 Point

Loc: Johnson City

I know a GW in VA who was threatened with bodily harm by 3 burly fisherman. He was just gonna write them tickets for not having licenses. They "werent getting no tickets." He ended up drawing his gun, and they wisely chose not to carry out their threats. The gun was the only thing they respected, not him or the law.

I know there are some just plain rude, cocky officers out there, GWs and LEOs alike. I've worked with them. There are also good, honest, and fair men and women patrolling our streets, keeping us safe, and ensuring safe, responsible behavior on our lakes and in the field. Not every officer is a hot-headed jerk.

Regardless of your views on the amount of power GW's wield, you cant overlook the fact that this officer was investigating a possible offense (baiting, read the web article), and as such had cause to be on the property. What happened afterward is unknown, but not everyone obeys the law, and not everyone has respect for authority. It seems much more likely than not that a veteran officer, who has no doubt had hundreds of interactions with hunters and fishermen, would only shoot an old man if he absolutely had to. That may not be the case, but I will be suprised if it isnt.

Either way, it is a tragedy for everyone involved.

#1289394 - 04/14/09 12:49 PM Re: Veteran Wildlife Officer Kills Turkey Hunter [Re: Hillbilly Hunter]
encore06
16 Point

Loc: Harrogate, TN

Too little info to do much speculating. Let's wait until the facts are in before judgement is passed. A 76 year old man can be as contrary and uncooperative as a 18 year old adolescent. By the same token, an officer of the law, albeit in any capacity, can be likewise. My thoughts and prayers are with both families.

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

#1289429 - 04/14/09 01:02 PM Re: Veteran Wildlife Officer Kills Turkey Hunter [Re: encore06]
REN
Good ol' Boys "Team Grizzly"
12 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

there is NO reason a GW should not be allowed on private property to me. I dont know all the facts so I wont pass judgment on what happened but prayers for both families involved. It is a tough job that i assure you I would not take on.

John 3:16

#1289631 - 04/14/09 03:23 PM Re: Veteran Wildlife Officer Kills Turkey Hunter [Re: FLIPPER]
spitndrum
Team TLBB Woodpile Boys
Non-Typical

Loc: Cumberland Plateau

I don't know about that??? \:\(

#1289704 - 04/14/09 04:13 PM Re: Veteran Wildlife Officer Kills Turkey Hunter [Re: IceMann]
feisty red head
Mature Red Doe
12 Point

Loc: Cumberland Plateau

Originally Posted By: IceMann
I stand corrected on the mix up on the state, sorry I just got home and no sleep yet..but I stand firm on my opinions on the wildlife officers..
Seminole39,no need to be an [censored] to me,I made a mistake on the state,I am new here,this is just about my 3rd post I think, so back the f... off DUDE!

I am sorry but I htink you need to back off with your language you were spouting at the nouth and this is a family site so you really do not need to be calling people names. Thank you

#1289725 - 04/14/09 04:22 PM Re: Veteran Wildlife Officer Kills Turkey Hunter [Re: feisty red head]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

First of all, just my personal take on all this.
Number one, there is VERY little information given in what articles I have read. VERY little.
Also, the bs snippet of "no reason to believe the gw mistook the man for an animal" is probably nothing more than a silly "reporter" not having a clue as to what is going on and popping off at the mouth.

Now for the flaming, bashing and name calling.
While I do acknowledge the fact that icemann did come back and
"stood corrected" on the mix up on the state, it was too little too late.
Getting "chastized" for a stand is not something that happens on here. What DOES happen on here is you get a warning for flaming, name calling etc on here. Consider your little warning served and when you are allowed to post on this site again I would suggest you remember it, IF you care to ever post on here again.
Simply, ABSOLUTELY no reason for your choice of language on this thread and it will not be tolerated, ever.
Thanks.

I would like to apologize to everyone that had to see this garbage, but I am choosing to leave it on here just so there is no misunderstanding as to why the account has been temporarily put on suspension pending permanent deletion.

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
128 registered (Master Chief, HenryCohunter, BuckDropper, DntBrnDPig, TNOutdoorCo, Rubberduck270, 11 invisible) and 174 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
95981 Topics
1123971 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.063 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.