Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1286121 - 04/11/09 08:46 PM Re: Would it be ethical to............................ [Re: buckhorn40]
REN
Good ol' Boys "Team Grizzly"
12 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

do what you need to do, if it was late in the season and i was still sitting at ZERO then would consider it no doubt!!

if i had one tagged already I prob wouldnt just because the thrill to me is calling them in, not really shooting them (dont get me wrong i LOVE shooting them to)

John 3:16

#1286124 - 04/11/09 08:48 PM Re: Would it be ethical to............................ [Re: captain hook]
REN
12 Point

Originally Posted By: captain hook
 Originally Posted By: cruff10
Would you shoot a 12PT 180 class buck laying down in his bed broad side?

No, just me personally, could care less if someone else did, but if I am going to make B&C books I want to have things go a little differently.

WOW....so if you got in a stand at dawn and when the sun came up you spotted him bedded down you wouldnt shoot??

if you say no so be it but I dont see any reason he would not be a dead deer at that time

#1286132 - 04/11/09 08:51 PM Re: Would it be ethical to............................ [Re: REN]
medwc
8 Point

Loc: Clarksville, TN, hunt FCKY an...

Originally Posted By: REN

No, just me personally, could care less if someone else did, but if I am going to make B&C books I want to have things go a little differently.

WOW....so if you got in a stand at dawn and when the sun came up you spotted him bedded down you wouldnt shoot??

if you say no so be it but I dont see any reason he would not be a dead deer at that time

lol, you are not an elitist.

#1286136 - 04/11/09 08:54 PM Re: Would it be ethical to............................ [Re: medwc]
REN
12 Point

Originally Posted By: medwc

lol, you are not an elitist.

i guess not lol

#1286137 - 04/11/09 08:55 PM Re: Would it be ethical to............................ [Re: REN]
captain hook
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Absolutely, he is a dead deer or at least shot at. I thought we were talking about walking up on one? But yes, if it got light and he was bedded down, he is dead.

Don't know how to explain the difference, but for me there would be.

#1286144 - 04/11/09 08:58 PM Re: Would it be ethical to............................ [Re: captain hook]
REN
12 Point

Absolutely, he is a dead deer or at least shot at. I thought we were talking about walking up on one? But yes, if it got light and he was bedded down, he is dead.

Don't know how to explain the difference, but for me there would be.

nah i see what you mean, walking up on one would be different to me. I am not sure if the difference would be enough not to shoot but i guess it would just depend on the day but i definitely see a difference.

that same DIFFERENCE is why i just cant deer hunt turkeys, just not my cup of tea (no knock on those that due just not for me)

#1286159 - 04/11/09 09:05 PM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: captain hook]
DBLAARCHERY
Woodpile Boys Neighbor
14 Point

Loc: Cannon County Outback

I would hate to say it but if you came up on a 180 BC 12 point and you didn't shoot him cause he was bedded
You have lost your mind...

Whats the difference in him bedded or trying to enjoy a nice stroll in the woods, or a nice dinner before bed...You guys kill me with your ethics questions... \:D

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day...Teach him how to fish and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!

#1286165 - 04/11/09 09:08 PM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: DBLAARCHERY]
REN
12 Point

Originally Posted By: DBLAARCHERY

I would hate to say it but if you came up on a 180 BC 12 point and you didn't shoot him cause he was bedded
You have lost your mind...

Whats the difference in him bedded or trying to enjoy a nice stroll in the woods, or a nice dinner before bed...You guys kill me with your ethics questions... \:D

not speaking for hook, but i dont think it is an "ETHICS" question on this one more a personal choice. I dont think it is unethical at all to deer hunt turkeys, but i personally wont do it

#1286174 - 04/11/09 09:15 PM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: REN]
captain hook
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

It has nothing to do with ethics, it just wouldn't be my choice.

Now granted it has yet to happen, easy to say no on a keyboard, and not pull the trigger if it actually happened.

Heck for all I know I might shoot the deer without any second thought or care. My preference would be to have me perfectly intercept him after lots of hard work scouting and planning, but life doesn't always work out how we would like.

On the turkey thing, I have had the chance on the limb, and chose not to, could care less if other do however.

#1286176 - 04/11/09 09:16 PM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: captain hook]
buckdead
8 Point

Loc: southern middle tn

ethics are over rated.

Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
13 registered (Paul Burns, TnBob, Bowdacious, TIGGREM2, pledbetter, Daniel n, 1 invisible) and 73 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85433 Topics
1032292 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.219 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.