Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1286144 - 04/11/09 08:58 PM Re: Would it be ethical to............................ [Re: ]
REN
Good ol' Boys "Team Grizzly"
12 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

Originally Posted By: captain hook
 Originally Posted By: REN
 Originally Posted By: cruff10
Would you shoot a 12PT 180 class buck laying down in his bed broad side?

No, just me personally, could care less if someone else did, but if I am going to make B&C books I want to have things go a little differently.

WOW....so if you got in a stand at dawn and when the sun came up you spotted him bedded down you wouldnt shoot??

if you say no so be it but I dont see any reason he would not be a dead deer at that time

Absolutely, he is a dead deer or at least shot at. I thought we were talking about walking up on one? But yes, if it got light and he was bedded down, he is dead.

Don't know how to explain the difference, but for me there would be.

nah i see what you mean, walking up on one would be different to me. I am not sure if the difference would be enough not to shoot but i guess it would just depend on the day but i definitely see a difference.

that same DIFFERENCE is why i just cant deer hunt turkeys, just not my cup of tea (no knock on those that due just not for me)

John 3:16

#1286159 - 04/11/09 09:05 PM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: ]
DBLAARCHERY
Woodpile Boys Neighbor
14 Point

Loc: Cannon County Outback

No, just me personally, could care less if someone else did, but if I am going to make B&C books I want to have things go a little differently.

I would hate to say it but if you came up on a 180 BC 12 point and you didn't shoot him cause he was bedded
You have lost your mind...

Whats the difference in him bedded or trying to enjoy a nice stroll in the woods, or a nice dinner before bed...You guys kill me with your ethics questions... \:D

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day...Teach him how to fish and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!

#1286165 - 04/11/09 09:08 PM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: DBLAARCHERY]
REN
Good ol' Boys "Team Grizzly"
12 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

Originally Posted By: DBLAARCHERY

I would hate to say it but if you came up on a 180 BC 12 point and you didn't shoot him cause he was bedded
You have lost your mind...

Whats the difference in him bedded or trying to enjoy a nice stroll in the woods, or a nice dinner before bed...You guys kill me with your ethics questions... \:D

not speaking for hook, but i dont think it is an "ETHICS" question on this one more a personal choice. I dont think it is unethical at all to deer hunt turkeys, but i personally wont do it

John 3:16

#1286176 - 04/11/09 09:16 PM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: ]
buckdead
8 Point

Loc: southern middle tn

ethics are over rated.

#1286185 - 04/11/09 09:22 PM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: ]
DBLAARCHERY
Woodpile Boys Neighbor
14 Point

Loc: Cannon County Outback

It has nothing to do with ethics, it just wouldn't be my choice.

Now granted it has yet to happen, easy to say no on a keyboard, and not pull the trigger if it actually happened.

Heck for all I know I might shoot the deer without any second thought or care. My preference would be to have me perfectly intercept him after lots of hard work scouting and planning, but life doesn't always work out how we would like.

On the turkey thing, I have had the chance on the limb, and chose not to, could care less if other do however.

same here!

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day...Teach him how to fish and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!

#1286479 - 04/12/09 09:59 AM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: DBLAARCHERY]
Anonymous TnDeer Old Timer
Unregistered

Back home in the cypress, it can be quite challenging to sneak within range of a roostin turkey. It was the preferred method of killin 'um during the fall years ago. Many old timers I know still practice this method.
#1286851 - 04/12/09 07:17 PM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: ]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

NO

Dr. Saxton Pope

#1287055 - 04/12/09 08:50 PM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: gil1]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

I personally wouldnt.

#1287289 - 04/12/09 11:38 PM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: smstone22]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

No. For me a turkey isn't worth compromising your principles for. It is about the hunt not the harvest- a 20 lb bird. But If you are ok with it, do it. It is legal during set hunting hours I believe. No the 180 class buck, is a different story.

Edited by redblood (04/12/09 11:40 PM)

#1287358 - 04/13/09 07:22 AM Re: Would it be ethical to........................ [Re: redblood]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Loc: NASHVILLE, TN

content Online
I have never been in a situation to shoot one out of roost, but I probably would. Even though there is nothing like setting up on him and have him fly down right there to you...Now thats fun!

For the 180 inch buck, I would definately shoot him. Yea, I would prefer to be sitting in my stand and have him walk by or chasing a doe or something. BUT if I was stealthy enough to sneak up on a buck of that caliber, I definately think that I deserve him. You beat him at his own game. He is more than likely at full alert, doing what he does best....hiding. You fooled him and you better believe I would take the shot.

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Bobby G, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, Grizzly Johnson 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (hannibal, OneShot, Diehard Hunter, Tennessee Lead, G8rntn, TAG1, 14 invisible) and 137 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89191 Topics
1043065 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.238 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.