Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 252 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#1278414 - 04/06/09 02:23 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
RutMan
16 Point

Loc: Atoka ,TN - USA

Thanks Tom, we had a long study on Holiness a few months back and the question about eating out came up and caused quite a stir of questions and good debates.

Don't believe we ever came to a finality on it, just agreed that the sabbath was to be held Holy at all times.

Have a safe trip, see ya Thursday. \:\)

I believe in love....even when I don't feel it

I believe in GOD....even when HE is silent

#1280357 - 04/07/09 02:22 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Easy money
Spike

Loc: Mississippi

Originally Posted By: preachermantom

Ten Commandments #4

Good Friday to all. Sorry I am a little late in getting this up today but I went turkey hunting this morning. We seen a few but no luck in bringing one home. So lets get to the devotion.

This commandment and peoples outright disregard for the Sabbath day has always made me ask myself why? It is very simple.

Exodus 20:8-11

8"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9Six days shalt thou labor and do all thy work;

10but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God. In it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates.

11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

God has made it clear we are to have a Sabbath day! I am not here to argue what day of the week but to say we are to have one!! He wants us to worship and rest in Him on that day. We as Christians are as guilty as anyone in disobeying this commandment. Remember the old days when the family would go to church and spend the day together enjoying each others company and even sometimes fellowshiping with the body of Christ at church with eating on the grounds of the church? I even believe we are disobeying God by going out to eat which causes people to work on the Sabbath.

The eleventh verse even says God hallowed it! Which means set apart, made sacred, or holy! If God hallowed it, it makes sense for us to hold our Sabbath as a day to reguard very highly! Once we have come to Jesus we should have a longing for church. To worship the Lord God Almighty. To have fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ. I love going to church and as the man of the house it is my responsibility to have my family there too! I am gonna close with one more verse....if you are not a regular worshiper on the Sabbath think about what God is saying and if you don't have a longing for worship on the Sabbath you might need a heart check up!!

Hebrews 10:25:

25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as ye see the Day approaching

Have a great weekend!!! I will be out of town on a mission trip until Wend. so my next devotion will be Thurs. Talk to you then!

Tom

In the beginning, after 6 days of creating and bringing Adam on the scene, God rested the 7th day.

There is nothing in scripture to indicate that Adam, or anyone else, kept the Sabbath. It was never mentioned until God gave it to Israel as part of the Covenant of Law. Then, it was to be a day of rest for man and beast alike. (Leviticus 23:3)

It was a sign between God and Israel (Exodus 31:12-17). Since we are under Grace and not Law, the Sabbath Day has no place in our experience. It, with all the other ordinances and laws, was crucified with Christ. (Colossians, 2:14)

Never was the Sabbath changed to Sunday. The first day is never called the Sabbath. It was merely the day, in view of the resurrection, that the early church came together. (I Corinthians 16:2 and Acts 20:7)

Romans 14: 5 and 6 makes it plain that no one day is to be above any other. But, our Lord is our all-in-all, seven days a week, not just one. (Col 2:16 and 17)

#1282417 - 04/08/09 07:45 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Ten Commandments #5

What an awesome mission trip I just returned from! The youth did a great job getting a summer camp ready for use to bring others closer to Christ. Thank you for all the birthday wishes while I was gone, although I am getting to the age I would like to forget about birthdays...lol!

Now to today's devotion!

This is one of my favorites! It seems so simple. I dare say all of us have gone through stages in life where we purposely disregarded this commandment. Why?

Exodus 20:12 "Honor your father and mother that your days may be long upon the land, which the Lord your God is giving you."

This is the only commandment with a blessing attached. "Your days may be long." I find this very interesting. Honor my mom and dad and I will live longer....hmmmm! Have ya gone to Wal-mart recently? I know hat is a dumb question but I do have a point! I can't believe what I see and hear in there! Kids outright disrespecting their parents. I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to grab a kid up and wear their little tails out for the way they are talking to their parents. I still remember the FEW times I disrespected my parents with my mouth. Let me just say I was corrected and taught to respect my parents. It seems like I may have had some sore jaws or a sore butt a few times too!

Let me also say I realize many have parents who do not deserve honor as they have not been good parents. God did not put an exception clause in His commandment. Forgiveness may show your parents more than they ever showed or taught you! Honor must be given for the simple fact that without your parents you would not be here.

As I have gotten older I think back at how many times I thought my parents were so stupid. The more time passes I realize how very smart they were and how much they loved me. I find everyday my parents were much more intelligent than I ever imagined. Call your mom and dad today and tell them how much they mean to you....life is short!

Honor them and live!

Have a great Thursday!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#1282834 - 04/09/09 01:06 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

ttt

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#1282866 - 04/09/09 05:26 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
Awesome reminder PMT! Thanks again! \:\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#1283659 - 04/09/09 04:15 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
RutMan
16 Point

Loc: Atoka ,TN - USA

Yep, appreciate it Brother, keep 'em coming as you can. \:\)

I believe in love....even when I don't feel it

I believe in GOD....even when HE is silent

#1284526 - 04/10/09 09:19 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: RutMan]
preachermantom
12 Point

Good Friday 4-10-09

Today I am gonna veer off the track of the Ten Commandments. For us Christians this is one of the most important weekends of our faith. For without the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus our faith is of no use. It would be dead like all other religions of the world.

Luke 23:32-47

32 There were also two others, criminals, led with Him to be put to death. 33 And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified Him, and the criminals, one on the right hand and the other on the left. 34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”And they divided His garments and cast lots. 35 And the people stood looking on. But even the rulers with them sneered, saying, “He saved others; let Him save Himself if He is the Christ, the chosen of God.”
36 The soldiers also mocked Him, coming and offering Him sour wine, 37 and saying, “If You are the King of the Jews, save Yourself.”
38 And an inscription also was written over Him in letters of Greek, Latin, and Hebrew:

THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, “If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”
40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.” 42 Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”
Jesus Dies on the Cross

44 Now it was about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45 Then the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was torn in two. 46 And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit.’” Having said this, He breathed His last.
47 So when the centurion saw what had happened, he glorified God, saying, “Certainly this was a righteous Man!

I have often wondered why they call today Good Friday?? For many years I thought there is nothing good about the killing of the sinless Son of God. But when you examine the scriptures we find it absolutely essential that Jesus die on that old rugged cross for our sins. Nothing that we have done makes this Friday good....but what Jesus did for us on this Friday over 2000 years ago makes it GOOD! I hope today you will take the time today and throughout the weekend to remember how much Jesus loves you and what He did in sacrificing His own body and blood for you and for me.

Let me pray for us today...Oh heavenly Father, we come praising the name of Jesus today. We thank you for providing your son on our behalf. We deserve hell but you love us so much that you paved the way to heaven with the blood of Christ. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We give you the glory, the honor, and the praise. May our lives reflect the love of Christ to others, for it is in the precious name of Jesus I pray...amen.

Enjoy your weekend...and praise the Lord.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#1285573 - 04/11/09 08:51 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Thanks.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#1285670 - 04/11/09 10:52 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
Boodaddy
14 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill Tn

Matthew 26:31-35
Then Jesus told them, "This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: "'I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.' But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee." Peter replied, "Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will." "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times." But Peter declared, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." And all the other disciples said the same.
But none did........

Praise You LORD JESUS for Shading Your BLOOD THAT WE MAY HAVE ETERNEL LIFE with You and THE FARTHER.....AMEN

#1287057 - 04/12/09 08:52 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Boodaddy]
preachermantom
12 Point

Guys and Gals I am headed to Ethridge, Tn to help rebuild a church destroyed in a tornado last Feb. So unless they have internet which I doubt I won't have a devotion until wend.!! Sorry! Pray for us please!

Jesus Christ

Page 4 of 252 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
69 registered (Deer Whisperer, Tn_Va_Hunter, jakerri, Pic IN the Casa, sees all, Bow Hunter, 5 invisible) and 129 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85222 Topics
1029917 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.225 seconds in which 0.016 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.