Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 256 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1271084 - 04/01/09 02:21 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Mathews Hunter]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Another good one.

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#1271114 - 04/01/09 05:36 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: ]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

PM sent PMT. \:\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#1271369 - 04/01/09 09:40 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Wrangler95]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Good morning to all! I need to go back and clarify something form yesterday. What I talked about yesterday was not a commandment! It was the opening of Chp. 20 of exodus and needed to be talked about before the commandments given by God but we will discuss the first commandment today. Sorry about that mistake!

Ok the first commandment is summed up like this Trust God only!!!

Exd 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before Me."

Exd 20:4 "You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;

Exd 20:5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,

Exd 20:6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

This commandment is really very simple but yet so very hard. God wants and demands to be first. This morning we must examine our lives and ask ourselves "Is God first in my life?" If yes praise the Lord!!! If not what is that idol we are putting before Him? Is it our job? Is it our hobby? Is it our wife or husband? Is it our children? Is it the T.V.? Is it your money? The list can go on and on. STOP right now and examine yourself. Pray to the Lord Almighty and ask Him to show you...He will. One way to evaluate yourself is look at where you spend your time. How much time do you spend in Bible study, prayer, worship, fellowship, and witnessing. Ok now how much time do you spend on other things. Americans are terrible at breaking this commandment. We are serving many idols in our lives and God is way down the list. In evaluating myself this morning I still have work to do in this area. God tells us He is jealous!!! He wants and deserves our worship!!!

Well I think enough has been said for us to think about today....again so simple but yet so hard. Only God deserves our worship...how are you doing in this area today??? Some knee mail may be in order.

I am praying for you.....Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#1271474 - 04/01/09 10:42 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Doing poorly in that area preacher, thanks for the boost.

Edited by MUP (04/01/09 10:42 AM)

#1272707 - 04/02/09 08:41 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Ten Commandments #3

Good Thursday Morning everyone! Praise Jesus as it is another great day to be alive and serving the King!

Lets jump into the Word of God.

Today's commandment is something many do not even realize the seriousness of what they are doing and honestly it makes me cringe when I hear someone do it!!

Ex.20:7 says "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain."

God pretty much gets straight to the point on this commandment!!! If you use His name without respect and awe, or basically carelessly you will reap what you have sown. I can not explain why but even when I was young and did not know the Lord it bothered me to hear someone use God's name as a cuss word. Now if I hear it I want to say something to that person or crawl under a table thinking the wrath of God may be coming!! Now let me be clear I have never seen God strike someone down on the spot for that but God makes it very clear of His displeasure of flippantly throwing around His name.

I heard a preacher several years ago even warn of saying things that even have the same nearness of using God's name in vain such as dog gone, Gee whiz, or dad blame. We all need to let the Holy Spirit guide us in this area I am not sure what I think about these other words but anything that would be a stumbling block to someone else we need to get rid of! The other day I heard my little girl keep saying Holy cow and I asked to stop saying Holy anything as it is not appropriate. I am not sure where she picked it up at but it is very hard to explain to a five year old why she can't say that. I told you that to say their are other names we need to be sure not to use in vain too such as Jesus, Lord, and the Holy Spirit.

My challenge for you today is listen today and see how many times either you or others use God's names in vain. It may startle when you realize just how much folks take God's names in vain, and if you have a bad habit of using His name's in vain there is no better time to work on stopping than now!

May God bless you today...Tom

Jesus Christ

#1272720 - 04/02/09 08:51 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

I try to be a stickler when it comes to using His name also. And try to guide my family in this as well, even my little 5yr old. If she ever says anything I think might be out of the way, I'll just let her know that it's not nice to say it, but will try to point her toward another phrase/word instead.

Thanks again PMT! Great material.

#1273960 - 04/02/09 11:40 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
Tiny
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville

ttt

God Answers Prayers Yes No or Not Yet

#1273976 - 04/03/09 12:10 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
4onaside
12 Point

Loc: Jackson,Tn

Have just noticed your contributions. Are you an ordained pastor, of a congregation? If so, which denomination?

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish proverb

#1274360 - 04/03/09 10:30 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: ]
Boodaddy
14 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill Tn

Lamentations 2:7
The Lord has rejected his own altar; he despises his own sanctuary. He has given Jerusalem's palaces to her enemies. They shout in the LORD's Temple as though it were a day of celebration.

Lamentations speaks of God's judgment on his own people. They had turned their backs on him to worship other gods. God allowed the enemy to destroy the temple. For years it laid in ruins. Our choices can cause God to allow the enemy access into our lives. We can become just like the abandoned home overgrown with unnecessary distractions that choke out our faith. Keep your faith strong through prayer, Bible study, and serving others.

#1274488 - 04/03/09 12:37 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Tiny]
preachermantom
12 Point

Ten Commandments #4

Good Friday to all. Sorry I am a little late in getting this up today but I went turkey hunting this morning. We seen a few but no luck in bringing one home. So lets get to the devotion.

This commandment and peoples outright disregard for the Sabbath day has always made me ask myself why? It is very simple.

Exodus 20:8-11

8"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9Six days shalt thou labor and do all thy work;

10but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God. In it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates.

11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

God has made it clear we are to have a Sabbath day! I am not here to argue what day of the week but to say we are to have one!! He wants us to worship and rest in Him on that day. We as Christians are as guilty as anyone in disobeying this commandment. Remember the old days when the family would go to church and spend the day together enjoying each others company and even sometimes fellowshiping with the body of Christ at church with eating on the grounds of the church? I even believe we are disobeying God by going out to eat which causes people to work on the Sabbath.

The eleventh verse even says God hallowed it! Which means set apart, made sacred, or holy! If God hallowed it, it makes sense for us to hold our Sabbath as a day to reguard very highly! Once we have come to Jesus we should have a longing for church. To worship the Lord God Almighty. To have fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ. I love going to church and as the man of the house it is my responsibility to have my family there too! I am gonna close with one more verse....if you are not a regular worshiper on the Sabbath think about what God is saying and if you don't have a longing for worship on the Sabbath you might need a heart check up!!

Hebrews 10:25:

25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as ye see the Day approaching

Have a great weekend!!! I will be out of town on a mission trip until Wend. so my next devotion will be Thurs. Talk to you then!

Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 2 of 256 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Deadeye14, woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (Tom L, Recoil, deerkiller300wsm, Snowwolfe, Coach, duckriver, 9 invisible) and 129 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88983 Topics
1040938 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.227 seconds in which 0.018 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.